Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-07-2016, 08:32 AM
Newbie ;)

how can i make a self love affirmation?

I have problems with self love. for a long time.

i have tried a self love affirmation in the past. it didnt work. but i think i want to try again.

any advice or possible links on self love affirmations? i dont know where to start. :/
Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 AM
Knower
Affirmations are good but you kind of have to buy into it, you know feel it.

One possible way of going about is to surround yourself with love. Or looking for things that you love. For me that is my cat or pictures of animals, nature, family, Sun... anything that gives you this feeling of love. I keep a journal and I love to write about things that I love or putting photos, art, quotes or poetry in it that make me feel love. You can also write down or remember when you felt love in your life. I can think of my grandma that passed away and I remember when she came to say goodbye in my dreams and hugged me and I get this instant feeling of warmth and love.

When you feel it you can project it to yourself or maybe then use affirmations that feel good to you, like I love and accept myself.

(if OK)
Old 04-07-2016, 12:40 PM
Master

If you've tried simple self love affirmations before eg "I feel loved" "I are worthy of love" etc and they havent worked, I suggest you go one step further and do something like buy a CD which has subliminal affirmations as you could on some level be fighting this eg saying but not truely believing at same too.. so subliminal programming will bipass your normal thoughts getting in the way.

be aware that some brands of subliminals are better then others so you may want to ask around and find which ones others have had best success with. I used to at times sleep with subliminals playing. One brand I borrowed from a friend (I forget now which brand) worked in as little as about 5 days for me (this one had the subliminal messages super speeded up on it).. another brand their CDs seemed to take 6 weeks of a lot of playing for their various ones to work on me.

There is also some brands which are a combo of self hypnosis and subliminals at same time
Old 04-07-2016, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumina007

any advice or possible links on self love affirmations? i dont know where to start. :/

Start with "I am loved".

The "I am" part is essential.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 05-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Perhaps it is a question of forgiveness. A wise man told me once that in order to forgive others in totality, you first have to forgive yourself. We may not be able to undo what was done, but we are able to resolve to do better. The guilt of our actions can be like a millstone around our neck, holding back our spiritual growth. Forgive yourself, resolve to do better as you move forward. Once that guilt barrier is removed, love fills the vacancy.
Old 05-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecats
Affirmations are good but you kind of have to buy into it, you know feel it.

One possible way of going about is to surround yourself with love. Or looking for things that you love. For me that is my cat or pictures of animals, nature, family, Sun... anything that gives you this feeling of love. I keep a journal and I love to write about things that I love or putting photos, art, quotes or poetry in it that make me feel love. You can also write down or remember when you felt love in your life. I can think of my grandma that passed away and I remember when she came to say goodbye in my dreams and hugged me and I get this instant feeling of warmth and love.

When you feel it you can project it to yourself or maybe then use affirmations that feel good to you, like I love and accept myself.

(if OK)
my grandma used to come to me in dreams too. :o
Old 05-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumina007
my grandma used to come to me in dreams too. :o

I love visits from my grandma.

if you are making effort with affirmations you could be actually pushing emotions away or trying to deny them. Or not, you know best if it feels good when you are saying it. But the key I think is in befriending your emotions so that they can transform.

** link removed as commercial links selling items/ and advertising not allowed

Last edited by Adrienne : 05-07-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Master
Accept yourself for who you are, warts and all!

I start off by saying, 'Yeah, I know I ain't perfect, but parts of me are excellent!' and I acknowledge all those things I like about myself and as for those other things, I call them a 'work in progress' but don't get hung up on it.

I can say 'I love myself' now and it was difficult to get over the ego, it felt really weird saying it at first, but it grows on you after time.

All the best and peace.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:27 PM
Master
Another good start is how do you view yourself when looking in a mirror.

I always greet myself and say something positive before I shave.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:21 AM
Pathfinder

I still can't post links so try Louis hay affirmations for a place to start. She does affirmations and mirror work... YouTube search Louis hay affirmations and power thoughts.

You can even download it as an audio and listen to it in your car. She gives lots of affirmations for various parts of your life which you can use or switch it up a bit to suit yourself.

:) her voice is calming too