Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 26-04-2017, 05:45 AM
Master
Humanities fight with solipsism.

In my opinion the greatest threat to the human race is solipsism - or I AM. The theory and practice that there is nothing but "I" is wiping out everything else. Friendship, relationship, romance, family, religion, faith etc. etc. are meaningless to solipsism. They are just trappings of the human ego.

God vanishes and is replaced by "I". Others vanish and are replaced by "I". The world vanishes and is replaced by "I". It is like the universal "I" is a huge void which sucks everything else into itself and consumes it.

With no love of others and God the "I" runs rampant - its deathly silence spells certain death to one and all. I'm not joking. There is nothing more destructive or dangerous than I AM.

The *only* thing that the "I" is aware of is itself. By definition. "I" means ME and only ME - nothing else.

Hence I renounce I AM and believe in God, others, life and the world. If you want to end up being nothing but I AM than fine; go for it. But its not for me.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:10 AM
Master
Malkovich Malkovich Malkovich:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPeattKV74A
Old 26-04-2017, 05:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hence I renounce I AM and believe in God, others, life and the world. If you want to end up being nothing but I AM than fine; go for it. But its not for me.
It seems like the way you think is in extremes. It's either one way or the other way, no in between. That's sometimes a symptom of another underlying issue. I can relate, I tend to do the same thing but I recognize it now.
Old 26-04-2017, 06:33 PM
Master
Yes I've noticed myself that my thinking is very polarised.

Old 27-04-2017, 02:31 AM
Master

I hear that. I just accept things instead of letting them be a possibility. It's almost like reaching out for something like I'm hanging on thread. Then I'll change to the other side.

Seeing as how I don't currently believe a benevelant God could have created this universe, I don't lean that way. I won't compeletely knock it, it feels like it has good intentions at heart, but somehow misguided. I notice how we humans think we understand things when we don't. We have a limited understanding, like an ant compared to human. I don't know if anyone is even close, or has ever been in the history of humanity. The best way to understand though, I believe is through feeling and being in touch with the body.
Old 27-04-2017, 05:02 AM
Experiencer

For me solipsism is where someone believes there is only one mind and that they are that mind. One aspect of the spiritual path is to debunk this tendency, to realize that others are just as real as oneself.

The I AM notion is where there is only one consciousness. Everyone is the one consciousness or I Am. At the same time everyone is simply a fragment of that consciousness. Everyone is merely a wave yet at the same time we are all the whole ocean.

There is only one being in the universe and that being is eternal and uncreated. I am it and we are it. We are all one together. We are not one alone as in solipsism but one together as in enlightenment.

To the separate mind this doesn't make sense. Yet the heart is able to embrace this paradox. To the heart I Am the One because everyone is also the one. We are all one. We are all it.
Old 28-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by charly233
There is only one being in the universe and that being is eternal and uncreated. I am it and we are it. We are all one together. We are not one alone as in solipsism but one together as in enlightenment.

To the separate mind this doesn't make sense. Yet the heart is able to embrace this paradox. To the heart I Am the One because everyone is also the one. We are all one. We are all it.
What if there is no One being in the first place, a God or an I Am? We dno't know. What if there's more than one One being? 1+1=2?
Old 28-04-2017, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
What if there's more than one One being? 1+1=2?

Often wonder if God is in fact multiplicity rather than unity. There are many people and many expressions of God.

Old 28-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Master
Just realised that this thread is me calling I AM unholy again. I really ought to stop calling the "I" unholy. It is not healthy.