Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 02-12-2010, 01:09 AM
weapinghawk

Please help my friend

I have a friend who is chronically depressed, and she takes meds, and she has a lot of deep seeded issues. i was wondering if there are any spells or charms i could use to help her out.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:38 AM
eraser

Listen. Try to understand. Keep your own strength up so that may support her until she gets stronger. Continue to be her friend.

True friendship is powerful magic.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:37 AM
Master
Hi weapinghawk, all I can suggest is reiki. Send her light....love.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:10 AM
Sangress

Aromatherapy works wonders on the senses.

I'm not sure why I'm suggesting it. It just popped up out of nowhere, so it might be worth a try.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:59 AM
Moon Willow

Hi weapinghawk,
All the other advice that you have been given is great but thought I could add to the list with what helped me to kick my 3 years of depression, really basic things but they all add up....

I used a herbal med called Nevaton (needs to be prescribed by a qualified medical herbalist) which was fabulous, not addictive and doesn't have any side effects.

If she can, at least 10 minutes in the sun each day for (vitamin D).

Excercise is really important, I know its the last thing that you want to do when you're depressed but it makes a huge difference.

Joining a meditation group was an enormous help to me.

When I got to the point that I had the same issues just going around and around in my head and I couldn't move that thought pattern I wrote down all the things that were upsetting/angering/scaring me. I then asked the angels to take these things away from me and transmute them as they no longer serve me. I then burnt them and felt a weight lifting off me straight away. Now, if those thoughts ever come back up I have a big 'stop' button in my head that I press as these thoughts aren't helpful anymore.

White sage cleansing and lavender oil on my pillow.

Breath Just remembering to do deep breaths and when times got tough I learnt to take each moment literally breath-by-breath (helps if she is having axiety issues to).

Smile Even though I didn't feel like smiling I would force myself to and it's amazing how it lifts your vibrations, even if you don't believe it.

Love Love foryourself, and learning to love the things we don't like as much as those that we do.

Best wishes to your friend, and she's very lucky to have such a wonderful friend like you.

Love, light and blessings,
Moony
Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
star-child

Let her know that you are always there so if she ever wants to chat she can ask. Here are a few suggestions to life her mood: You can send her some flowers, or buy her some potted plants, they will definitely make her feel a lot more calm and the love she gives to them should radiate back to her. Perhaps give her a guided meditation CD. Get her out of the house as much as possible, I went through a very low period and had a holiday booked close to it. I was seriously considering not going but I'm so glad I did, I went away with some friends and had so much fun, I came back feeling so refreshed.

Remember that ultimately, your friend is the one who can heal herself the most. Pray that she will realise there is a way out of depression.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Master
Does she exercise? If not I highly suggest it, as a person with depression I've found the best thing for me is excercise, I do it to an extreme, IE I swim 3 to 3 and 1/2 miles a week, yoga for 2 hours a week, and walk for about 80 minutes a week.
I also take 5htp.
Spiritlite.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Administrator
Hey WeepingHawk,

Just being there for your friend, is the best thing you can do for her, give her a listening ear.and hugs to comfort her in her lowest times,
you friend is on meds so her doctor knows of her situation to an extent,
she could do with seeing a counsellor / therapist, to speak through her troubles.
i will send Healing and positive thoughts to your friend,

Namaste
Old 08-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by weapinghawk
I have a friend who is chronically depressed, and she takes meds, and she has a lot of deep seeded issues. i was wondering if there are any spells or charms i could use to help her out.

"Deep seeded issues"

Denied these hold her prisoner in bars of her own making.
Examined deeply these seeds sprout into the very solution she wants.

I can pray for her......that has some power. Yet it cannot change one who refuses to change!

I can suggest a gift and then let her choose whether or not to explore:
"Teach Only Love: The Twelve Principles Of Attitudinal Healing by Gerald Jampolsky M.D."
"The Shadow Effect by Deepak Chopra, Debbie Ford, and Marianne Williamson"

These authors all want through this!

Perhaps you should read them and then pass them along to your friend, then you will both grow stronger.