Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 17-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Shim

Is Marriage a Covenant?

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:53 AM.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:11 PM
Master
I'm married, and for me marriage means having a husband a family. Seeing as my husband and I will not have children, for me being married makes him and I family. I know that sounds silly. In my mind if you have a kid then you are related, but in our case that's not going to happen. So marriage for me is being related.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Master
Oh and also for legality reasons ie I want to be his primary decision maker if he god forbids gets sick.
Spiritlite.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:28 PM
Shim

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 17-11-2010, 09:57 PM
debbie.b

there are many different reasons nowadays that people choose to get married. what does it mean to me? having been married twice i see it as a sort of contract between 2 people, a contract of love maybe, to devote themselves to one another disregarding all others. on saying that, on a harsher note i have also seen marriage as an ownership of another person which i really don't agree with. yes, i'm being hypocrytical. i got married both times in a civil ceremony & in all honesty, it feels nice to know someone wants to devote themselves to you entirely. i ended my 1st marriage because my husband reneged on his 'contract' so to speak. i actually had the belief that once you were married, no matter how bad the marriage was or how unhappy you were you still had to stay together as marriage was for life. obviously in the end i had give up the ghost & admit defeat. i do think that if one or both of you go against your vows, that contract is then null & void.
as for remarrying, i don't see any wrong in this, love can enter your life several times in your lifetime so finding love again & deciding to make another commitment is fine as long as it's not entered into lightly & lessons had been learned from your previous marriage.
love is grand & it's even grander when 2 people connect in a love relationship, there should be no certificate for love.
Old 17-11-2010, 10:04 PM
Master
People live and they learn. If they are forced to pay for the mistake of marrying the wrong person for the entirety of their life, they never have the opportunity to learn or enjoy life. And I do not believe it was intended for people to live in suffering where they have the means not to.
Old 17-11-2010, 10:14 PM
Shim

Deleted....

Last edited by Shim : 24-11-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 17-11-2010, 10:21 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
What is marriage? besides being a piece of paper or a certificate. When people divorce, and a creed of divorce is issued, does the covenant still remain? Are people allowed to remarry after divorce? if so, when? under what conditions?

What does your religious guidance say? Don't you follow that?
Old 17-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Shim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
What does your religious guidance say? Don't you follow that?

I ask the questions Mr.

Elsewhere in the forums the question has come up, and I'm curious to how others relate and follow Christianity or non Christians. I don't ask questions most of the time having the answers...... yet.
Old 17-11-2010, 10:38 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shim
I ask the questions Mr.

Elsewhere in the forums the question has come up, and I'm curious to how others relate and follow Christianity or non Christians. I don't ask questions most of the time having the answers...... yet.

"I ask the questions Mr." Plainly you're not the only one....

If you have the answers then you'll already know that marriage and its conventions are wholly human-made, almost exclusively man-made.

Unnecessary for adults save for legal purposes when one partner seeks to disadvantage the other.

But children are the truly innocent victims and for them marriage - religious or civil - may be a small safeguard.

In practical terms it provides very little protection but they need every scrap that can be provided.