Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 30-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Bob23

Frequently viewed.

Popular stories or films seem to be passed down from generation to generation with new names and titles added to the same old process.

One of my favourites is 'The Wizard of Oz', which I'm sure you'll all know is a story about a character who is trying to find 'home' whilst having the means to do so at any time they wish.

Another one is 'Alice in Wonderland', where the main character is repeatedly asked, "WHO ARE YOU?"

As for cartoons, well, who can remember 'Hong Kong Foey'? In this one a silent cat solves everything for the main character who takes the credit for it. The end scene usually involves the cat looking sky~wards and breaking his vow of silence by sighing at the others whilst they cellebrate the victory they thought was of their own volition!

Ofcourse I couldn't end this post without uttering those immortal words spoken with such wisdom and clarity by 'Popeye' who tells us, "I is what I is".

All the best,

Bob23.
Old 30-05-2006, 08:44 AM
Master
Beautifully insightfull bob, as always
The lessons just spin around us and we miss it all until someone points it out!
Old 30-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Bob23

Hey Peteyzen,

Exactly so!

Nothing is ever anywhere else.

Appearing to miss something or not get something is as much it as the apparent getting.

Whether learning spiritual lessons or prodding a dead dog with a stick...it's all simply occuring in this.

Just be...how can you (k)not,

Bob23.
Old 31-05-2006, 12:24 AM
Creator

Like Kevin Nealon says in Happy Gilmore,
Old 31-05-2006, 01:00 AM
Bob23

Hey Creator,

Have you noticed how loopy life really is within the cyclic nature of comings and goings for the orbiting entity who blocks this over that and harnesses what is left.

If you turn the figure '8' on it's side it looks like the hat the magician is wearing in the tarot and if you watch how people from India move their heads whilst they're communicating with you it may remind you of the movement of the galaxy in it's lemniscated orbit.

Then again, it might not.

Interesting how the very absence of the flow or movement allows the flow or movement to simply happen.

Douglas E. Harding used to refer to it as the immovable mover of the world.

The pendulum swings on way, then it swings the other...but the fulcrum does not move!

What a wonderful paradox life is, and the paradox or dualism will simply happen in the is~ing or non~dualism of life.

Don't believe any of that though...simply test it for your self.

Just be,

Bob23.
Old 31-05-2006, 01:14 AM
Bob23

I was quite pleased with the way I'd posted those last few words in the previous post and the articulation and admiration I had for the prideful way in which I re~read it as I reached for a cigarette and knocked my coffee cup all over myself!

'DOHH' is a phrase from another cartoon I like.

Old 31-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23

I was quite pleased with the way I'd posted those last few words in the previous post and the articulation and admiration I had for the prideful way in which I re~read it as I reached for a cigarette and knocked my coffee cup all over myself!

LOL..... dont get to excited!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob23
Don't believe any of that though...simply test it for your self.

Test it is truly all we will be able to do Bob you either have to try it or deny it. Beliefs can change like the colors of the leaves and indeed many more times than that, but testing the ways (and I do mean all ways) of life can certainly cement the truth firmly in your soul.

Creator
Old 02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Master
This is fab, I cant even remember what this thread is all about, but i`m filled with joy reading all this tosh.
I am soooo glod someone else is a clumsy as me bob.
Nothing happens by chance ther are no accidents.

be careful tho, if we concentrate too much we will miss it all
have you ever noticed that??

One day, one day I hope to god that I will understand it all, the one ness, duality paradox you guys have touched on. I don`t mean just in my mind, I mean to actually experience the paradox, as both at the same time..... and recognise it.
but thats the destination I guess, thats when we step out of the car at the journeys end, and the important thing is to enjoy the journey first.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:02 PM
Bob23

Hey Peteyzen,

Simply injoy the paradox of breathing in and breathing out.

And within the paradox and opposites of the breath...is life.

Does that need to be understood to simply be injoyed?

Just be,

Bob23.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:59 AM
Bob23

lol

There's a wonderful advert on the TV at the moment for 'Time Team'.

Right at the end of the advert, one of the archaelogists frowns and looks into the camera and says, "WHO?"

lol
Closed Thread