Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-07-2011, 02:28 PM
Knower
"slipping in" to someone's body?

Reposting this from spiritual development, it was suggested that I check out the ESP section.

I don't think this is actually astral projection 'cause if that's what it was I shouldn't have been able to get into anyone's body but my own. Sometimes if I'm really focused on something I will suddenly be in two places at once. I'll be in my own body, and in someone elses. It's more like being in their mind, 'cause I'm just watching and feeling what they're doing. It doesn't happen often. One time I was watching TV and "slipped in" to my friend, I was suddenly sitting on my couch and hers at the same time. She was staring at a blank screen, which I thought was strange, and holding a bowl. Both scenes got sorta dark, wasn't uncomfortable, just a little sensory overload I think. I called her up later, she'd been sitting on her couch eating cereal. (she's used to me saying strange things, so believed I wasn't stalking her, thank god) Another time I was sitting next to another friend playing cards. He was shuffling and I sort of "slipped in" and was able to see and feel how he was shuffling. It was strange 'cause he's a guy, didn't mention it to him, but I think he noticed that now I shuffle more like he does, it's like I picked up the skill he was using. (I didn't used to be able to shuffle well) Anyone know what this is? It's been developing so it's happening more, and it's a little weird, 'cause I can't do much with my body while it's happening either. (like I said, just a little sensory overload) I can't do it on purpose, but I can usually slip out of it and ignore it on purpose. My problem is its changing me, like I'm taking a little bit or their presence or personality with me when I come back to my own body. I tend to pick up on more of their habits just by being near them after that happens, without meaning to. It's strange.

I used to Fly.

Last edited by Wolfe of Wildwood : 27-07-2011 at 07:25 PM.
Old 27-07-2011, 03:00 PM
pebble

Maybe this should be with the empath threads...
Old 27-07-2011, 08:21 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebble
Maybe this should be with the empath threads...
That's what I wondered too. Sounds empathic, big time.
Old 27-07-2011, 08:24 PM
Master
***I moved it to AP thread since we don't have an Empath thread, that I know of anyway.

Old 28-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Master
Wolfe... What you're describing is not really ap nor empathy, but an ability some people have to merge into someone else's body and see through their eyes. I don't have it but I know people who do.

There are good uses for it, like any psychic ability, that can benefit you and others. You could explore the idea and experience and see the possibilities for yourself. You might look into Remote Viewing as that is a psychic skill in some ways related to this.

Xan

Old 28-07-2011, 06:03 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Wolfe... What you're describing is not really ap nor empathy, but an ability some people have to merge into someone else's body and see through their eyes. I don't have it but I know people who do.

There are good uses for it, like any psychic ability, that can benefit you and others. You could explore the idea and experience and see the possibilities for yourself. You might look into Remote Viewing as that is a psychic skill in some ways related to this.

Xan
Is this the ability written about in the Carlos Casteneda series of books where his teacher places his own consciousness in a crow to see what the crow sees as he's flying along?
Old 28-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Master
Yes... similar. For Wolfe it's happened spontaneously which shows a natural propensity for the ability, which can be further developed.

Consciousness is multi-aspected and one can literally be aware in two places, perceiving as two beings at once. This is why this form of Second Attention is not really astral projection.

Xan

Old 28-07-2011, 07:46 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes... similar. For Wolfe it's happened spontaneously which shows a natural propensity for the ability, which can be further developed.

Consciousness is multi-aspected and one can literally be aware in two places, perceiving as two beings at once. This is why this form of Second Attention is not really astral projection.

Xan
Thank you, Xan. Second Attention is a new term to me. I've experienced RV but, that was only "one" of me being aware while my physical stayed put. I'm going to try to imagine what it must be like to be in two awareness modes of consciousness at the same time in two different places. Wow...
Old 28-07-2011, 09:49 PM
Knower
Thank you Xan, that sounds right, I think I need to learn how to control it, because I was beginning to spend a larger amount of time merged - I like that term - with people before summer started, when I spent a lot of time around people. and yes oldtimer, being aware in two places can be disorienting, but that's how I meet with and learn from my spirit guide too, so I at least had a little experience, though it's not really as intense, since he doesn't have a physical body.

I used to Fly.
Old 28-07-2011, 09:58 PM
OldTimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe of Wildwood
Thank you Xan, that sounds right, I think I need to learn how to control it, because I was beginning to spend a larger amount of time merged - I like that term - with people before summer started, when I spent a lot of time around people. and yes oldtimer, being aware in two places can be disorienting, but that's how I meet with and learn from my spirit guide too, so I at least had a little experience, though it's not really as intense, since he doesn't have a spiritual body.
Hey Wolfe. I find your posts interesting and I look forward to more.
OldTimer