Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Do you believe you can exp what a great yogi or Jesus did?

Do you?
Do you ever muse that you can be all of that;
be in Krishna or Christ Consciousness?
Be now all that you can be?

Exciting thought, isn't it!?

What we open to, imagine, conceive is what opens the door to possibility!
I'm doing great practicing the possibilities, getting closer to vast awareness...
thought I'd bring it up in case some are unconsciously limiting themselves.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 03-09-2018, 03:47 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Do you?

I'm doing great practicing the possibilities, getting closer to vast awareness...

Obviously yes. Exciting? Fearful. One must give up a lot to gain a lot.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Do you?

i'm not sure I want to do what they did... although flying around in the air would be a plus if I could get past my own conception of the social stigma ! But the journey along the path is beautiful! Although it is true, you do have to give up a lot!
Old 04-09-2018, 09:22 AM
Knower

Quote:
Do you?

Sometimes when I try too hard for such things it seems to set me off track in the everyday sense.

Maybe such things can neither be forced nor sped up. They'll happen in their own time.

Also, I think it's important that we fulfill our Earthly desires as much as we can. We must climb the small mountains before we are ready for Mt. Everest!
Old 04-09-2018, 12:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Do you?

Yes I do believe, not muse over it.
Old 04-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Deactivated Account
with every breath i take. they simply became open to the divine. that divine activates the human nervous system. that activation creates a joyful intoxication from every cell of the body. that spirit that does such wonder is non dual. it is because once the expereince becomes established nothing can break it. you will forever be locked into a new pheomena that becomes the dominant force of the living experince. joy and silence in the mind. everything continues. personality, desires. likes, dislikes, emotions. everything.

the mental test is to be acclimated to such a great joy while all those other things continue. yes there is joy in everything. simply because that new dominant force gives that person no choice but to experince everything while being flooded in joy and silence. its a living paradox.

what they did in there life was unique to them. everybody is unique imo. the only thing that everybody experinces the same is bliss and silence. since that is what we really are. everybody awakens to that at some point. then it feels like no big deal at some point. because it is no big deal. i mean that is what we really are. lol

with all that said just because that becomes ones experience doesnt mean there done. im not. im still eating throug xand dissolving karma. and wonder if there is ever an end anyways. i should also say who knows what else the folks were experiencing. i can only speak from the aspect of the human nervous system. since thats what i experince and a common theme.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 05-09-2018, 09:13 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by running
with every breath i take. they simply became open to the divine. that divine activates the human nervous system. that activation creates a joyful intoxication from every cell of the body. that spirit that does such wonder is non dual. it is because once the expereince becomes established nothing can break it. you will forever be locked into a new pheomena that becomes the dominant force of the living experince. joy and silence in the mind. everything continues. personality, desires. likes, dislikes, emotions. everything.

the mental test is to be acclimated to such a great joy while all those other things continue. yes there is joy in everything. simply because that new dominant force gives that person no choice but to experince everything while being flooded in joy and silence. its a living paradox.

what they did in there life was unique to them. everybody is unique imo. the only thing that everybody experinces the same is bliss and silence. since that is what we really are. everybody awakens to that at some point. then it feels like no big deal at some point. because it is no big deal. i mean that is what we really are. lol

with all that said just because that becomes ones experience doesnt mean there done. im not. im still eating throug xand dissolving karma. and wonder if there is ever an end anyways. i should also say who knows what else the folks were experiencing. i can only speak from the aspect of the human nervous system. since thats what i experince and a common theme.

I had a brief experience once...

The "me" that I thought I was, simply wasn't there anymore - it was gone.

At first I felt a certain panic and sadness but it quickly dissolved as I realized that whatever had replaced "me" - even though it wasn't really anything at all - had a warm and cozy vibe to it. It was carefree, it was joyful, it was loving!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:14 AM
Smile

Thank you all for your honest posts!

running, that was quotable...a big complement, but, I know you are into books such as,
"LoveBliss -The Essence of Self-realization"...Oh my, I hope that was you! Now, I am questioning my memory! Yikes!

I suppose 'what a yogi or Jesus experienced' should be described
from my pov;
only so people don't think they have to give up so much! Ha!

Here's a little story about Paramahansa--shortened-
He tells an ashram devotee, "Never hitchhike", but he does anyway.
The thugs that picked him up take him along on a robbery and mayhem plan.
When he returns, Yogananda calls for him and says,
"Do you how much it took to have that couple in the farmhouse NOT answer the door?"

His consciousness could be expanded to that point protecting his devotees.
Jesus, the same...he could tell a person all about themselves...time, space
change when you are connected to a Higher Power and 'see'...give up stuff?
You can still have ice cream and s*x...and play and have fun!

As running says ...practice these states of Divine Joy !
I would say, also...seek the Kingdom of Heaven first...and all else comes.
('all' means all) hahaha Nothing really is given up...just illusions that
you might think are real and fulfilling! That's all! You know, the ones
that never last and are never truly satisfying in the end?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-09-2018, 05:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Thank you all for your honest posts!

running, that was quotable...a big complement, but, I know you are into books such as,
"LoveBliss -The Essence of Self-realization"...Oh my, I hope that was you! Now, I am questioning my memory! Yikes!

I suppose 'what a yogi or Jesus experienced' should be described
from my pov;
only so people don't think they have to give up so much! Ha!

Here's a little story about Paramahansa--shortened-
He tells an ashram devotee, "Never hitchhike", but he does anyway.
The thugs that picked him up take him along on a robbery and mayhem plan.
When he returns, Yogananda calls for him and says,
"Do you how much it took to have that couple in the farmhouse NOT answer the door?"

His consciousness could be expanded to that point protecting his devotees.
Jesus, the same...he could tell a person all about themselves...time, space
change when you are connected to a Higher Power and 'see'...give up stuff?
You can still have ice cream and s*x...and play and have fun!

As running says ...practice these states of Divine Joy !
I would say, also...seek the Kingdom of Heaven first...and all else comes.
('all' means all) hahaha Nothing really is given up...just illusions that
you might think are real and fulfilling! That's all! You know, the ones
that never last and are never truly satisfying in the end?

i really like jan esmann. i have seen him on you tube. i really believe he is speaking from experince and living the expereince. your right i did recommend his book. i did so on the premise that he knows what he is talking about and the real deal. unfortunately as a truck driver i havd little time to read. i do hope if you read it that you got something good out of it. one day i hope to read it.

i have read yogananda's book autobiography of a yogi. hands down best book i ever read because of his real experience and candid sharing of his journey.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 06-09-2018, 02:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by It Is
I had a brief experience once...

The "me" that I thought I was, simply wasn't there anymore - it was gone.

At first I felt a certain panic and sadness but it quickly dissolved as I realized that whatever had replaced "me" - even though it wasn't really anything at all - had a warm and cozy vibe to it. It was carefree, it was joyful, it was loving!

thanks for sharing!

Wherever I May Roam