Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 08-01-2019, 02:34 AM
Newbie ;)

Rainbow children and prophesies

Any here are familiar with the rainbow prophesy of all cultures and people in the world joining together?
Old 11-01-2019, 12:46 AM
Newbie ;)

I must admit I was happy to see your post and also pleasantly surprised. I have heard of the rainbow prophesy of all cultures and peoples in the world joining together while in deep meditation, and during trance state. the ancestors tell me various stories about it, but it comes in bits and pieces and sometimes I lose awareness while in trance state so I really don't know very much, but I have heard the ancestors speak of a special time when all the holy men and women of various cultures come together to renew the earth. And it involves cultural dancing and singing and ritual. A rainbow phoenix rises. Also a special marriage between the rainbow phoenix and white raven that merges the east, west, south, north and the center Sorry that's all I know
Old 11-01-2019, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjWozz
Any here are familiar with the rainbow prophesy of all cultures and people in the world joining together?
Do you mean this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend...inbow_Warriors
Old 11-01-2019, 10:47 PM
Administrator
Have to agree with sentinent my friend is Cree and she said it is nothing to do with Native people at all

Namaste
Old 12-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Master
Indigenous cultures revival

I think it is only like a couple of decades since indigenous peoples have started to get back on their feet again after the devastating effects of colonization, dislocations, ‘witch hunts’, forced assimilations, demoralizations, racial discriminations, the loss of language and culture etc. etc. etc.

‘We’ have had our own ‘cultural revival’ in efforts to try to keep languages and our old cultures from going extinct.
http://www.suri.ee/etnofutu/ef!eng.html

Quote:
With the breakup of the Soviet Union in 1991, Moscow and the Russian Federation escaped direct responsibility for some of the world's worst environmental devastation because many of the Soviet disaster sites were now in other countries.

Dealing with the environmental disasters Soviets left behind, countries like Yakutia (Sakha people) had a Shamanic renewal, as did the Buryats, Mongols & Tungus (representing ‘classic’ Siberian Shamanism). From there a ripple effect - since Shamanism is our ancestral spirituality, whether we talk about the Uralic, Altaic or Paleo-Siberian peoples. The World view, connection to the land, kinship with plants and animals etc.

Turkish have pushed the Ural-Altaic unity with “Turanism” and the “Great Turanian Spirit” to re-establish the ancient connections and to instill pride in the old beliefs and identities plus they have sought the “Native American- Turanian Brotherhood: FIRST NATIONS First” – collaboration.

In Oz I have experienced the language and cultural rebirth from a brink of extinction.

Maori view on indigenous development:
http://mediacentre.maramatanga.ac.nz...us-development

Native American vision is perhaps a very complex issue ……. ???
https://nnigovernance.arizona.edu/da...-disenrollment
????
Old 13-01-2019, 05:40 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Sentient and Native Spirit for posting, I truly appreciate it as your posts were very informative and interesting!

From my understanding, and believe me when I say I am learning new ways to interpret things every day. From my subjective experience of the rainbow “prophesy” while in mediation and trance state, I really do not know where it originates from? Or from which culture? I did not even know that is was considered “ a prophesy” until RJWozz posted the question.

My sense of the experience I had is that it doesn’t involve any one particular culture’s “prophesy”, but rather various cultures coming together for the benefit of all sentient beings and to renew the earth. This is just an interpretation, but I have nothing to back it up, just a feeling. I did not realize there was an actual controversary over it. So thank you very much for posting the information!

After reading these posts I find myself asking the question:

Maybe the rainbow prophesy has not been created yet in its entirety? Maybe we are collectively co-creating this prophesy now with spirit?

Food for thought 😊
Old 13-01-2019, 10:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeshe
My sense of the experience I had is that it doesn’t involve any one particular culture’s “prophesy”, but rather various cultures coming together for the benefit of all sentient beings and to renew the earth. This is just an interpretation, but I have nothing to back it up, just a feeling. I did not realize there was an actual controversary over it. So thank you very much for posting the information!
Yeah, there may not have been an actual Native American ‘prophesy’ about it – and it does sound a bit like a Tolkien book fantasy prophesy – heh - but there has been indigenous cultures revival going on for quite some time now – first locally and then starting to share more globally.

And of course Environment needs all the warriors it can get – we are all but a part of Totality.

The only Rainbow Warriors I had heard about were the Taiwanese Aboriginals fighting Japanese occupation: “Warriors of the Rainbow - Seediq Bale”

Beautiful culture, b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l people - but how long can they hold their identities and cultures strong within the increasing Chinese influence and pressure?

Sometimes these indigenous cultural exchange and other event programs (Taiwanese have with Australian Aboriginals and Maoris) can be like a much needed “shot in the arm” (for everyone participating):

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...5&postcount=61

Old 14-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Newbie ;)

If anyone has heard of the wingmaker family . This prophecy directly correlates with them. Its hard to find info now since they deleted their main contact page and only sites about info found about them really exist anymore. [5 years since they deactivated it..]

I am part of this tribe and have learned several techniques through them including most of my shamanic gifts and cryokinesis.
Old 14-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Newbie ;)

Wow! Sentient, thank you so much for posting these sources, powerful and moving. I look forward to exploring the Taiwanese Aboriginals history further. Beautiful Culture indeed.

To rjWozz, I have not heard of the wingmaker family, I will try and do some research to see if I can find any sources.

Thank you all so much for posting, I am really enjoying learning from all of you
Old 14-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Master
Yeshe
Quote:
Sentient, thank you so much for posting these sources, powerful and moving. I look forward to exploring the Taiwanese Aboriginals history further. Beautiful Culture indeed.
My sentiments as well – those songs really tug at my heartstrings and the meetings do really get to you:
https://artbacknt.com.au/what-we-do/...ural-exchange/
(Sorry to litter the posts with all these links).

And if after these collaborations the Taiwanese Aboriginals choose to introduce Australian Aboriginal instruments into their music – well, that is their business – nobody else's!
Though “Cultural Appropriation Warriors” (especially the non-natives “acting on the behalf” of Native Americans) might seriously get peeved off by this.

But Yeshe - the Taiwanese Aboriginal history - the “Warriors of the Rainbow - Seediq Bale” isn’t exactly ‘a love and light’ – story.

I think that sometimes, ‘we’ as outsiders project our romanticisms and fantasies upon indigenous cultures, especially Native Americans – then fall in love with our own projections and expect these Natives to conform to it, and when they do not – ‘we’ get angry – leaving the Natives scratching their heads.

“When you meditate – meditate with all sentient beings”, - said my Tibetan Lama friend.
Good advise. (but not a Native American saying, I don't think.)

There is no giver nor receiver to nondual – unconditional love – it already IS – though some indigenous cultures are taught to readily recognize it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjWozz
If anyone has heard of the wingmaker family . This prophecy directly correlates with them. Its hard to find info now since they deleted their main contact page and only sites about info found about them really exist anymore. [5 years since they deactivated it..]

I am part of this tribe and have learned several techniques through them including most of my shamanic gifts and cryokinesis.

Please expand on the validity of that story ....
Are you sure it is not a hoax?!

And you do not find the word “shamanic” offensive in regards, in reference to or in association with your culture as many Native Americans do?

Last edited by sentient : 15-01-2019 at 12:41 AM.