Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 22-01-2015, 12:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Keeping It Real---Bison Preserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
......my people came from the Plains and mountains in the north from Alberta n Montana. So that will always be my sacred land where ever I am in the world.Makoiyi

...."Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
".......

I love that. So very here and now. Cake with no icing on it.

There is program to save the bison in 1 million acre preserve in Montanna. The indians are a part of making that happen.

The program I saw on that was so informative about history, phyisiology of bison and area coverage over much larger area of US than most people ever new.

George Washington hunted bison on east coasts according to some of his writings.

It was interesting to see the indians doing a bison round-up on those 4-wheel drives.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 22-01-2015, 01:11 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Lol! Thunder Bow I sure do know your Navajo, how are you man I hope that everything is good with you.

r6 Thanks for the link, when I get to visit back that preserve is one of the places I intend to visit as friends were telling me about it and its only a few hrs drive from them.

There's a private of Buffalo herd where I lived that were rounded up twice a year and moved to another area so no where was over grazed and they always had good feed, we rode horses but some rode on ATV's or in Jeeps etc for the round up's.

A few Buffalo were culled each year and the meat was shared amongst the people especially the Elders and those with young families or disabilities etc. But the herd were and still are preserved.

Here's a link to a program called "Silencing the Thunder" which is about the herd in Yellowstone National park which is the only genetically pure herd left, the other herds have a percentage of cattle DNA in them. Its a good but very thought provoking film.

http://vimeo.com/104296498

This is why its good that there are other preserves for Buffalo, I know some of the herd where I was originally came from Yellowstone but I know that there were a lot of legal stuff that they had to go through to get them. That was before my time there but my NDN husband certainly knew about it as some of his distant family had been involved. I'd only heard bits about it when I was further North back in Canada. It sure was a great experience to see and to ride beside them.

Makoiyi

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 22-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Win-Win For Rancehers, Preservationists and Bison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Here's a link to a program called "Silencing the Thunder" which is about the Herd in Yellowstone National park which is the only genetically pure herd left, the other herds have a percentage of cattle DNA in them. Its a good but very thought provoking film.Makoiyi

I remmeber now, I saw it on Dan Rather reports

Many of the local ranchers are slow to come around to the rationality of the million acre bison preserve. The group raises money to buy out the ranchers. They said that all of the ranchers who were bought out came to them, to see what the deal was.

At least one of those ranchers used the money to just restart his cattle ranch in Wyoming.

They are confident the all of the local ranchers will eventually see this as a win-win for all parties involved including the bison.

Spirituality is for those who have been to hell and on way back is good one also, tho harder to comprehend the nuance(?) of it.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 19-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Master
Stunning photos Thankyou Thunderbow,.... I have just emerged from a dark night of the soul into the Stunning Beautiful Grounding and Humble values of the American Indians. I have just read a small book called Return of The Indian Spirit and it has shown me exactly what I needed ,To Respect myself,To Respect others, To Respect Mother Earth and its animals, To Respect The Great Spirit. Today my spirit has been truly changed and I give Thanks for that!
Old 19-02-2015, 11:59 PM
TesseLated

Great photos Thunderbow...

I was told during a reading Sunday that I was Native American in a former life...I have always been indignant to what happened with the land/white man...LOVE those pics
Old 01-03-2015, 10:35 PM
Experiencer

For what I have seen on this board Thunder Bow is a great photographer...