Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 05-12-2010, 03:37 PM
Serenity Bear

Fluffies

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the 'Fluffy Brigade' these are those (rarely mediums) who think all those who are have to be Saints, say darling a lot to everyone, just have to be the living 'Mother Theresa', give every penny they have to charity, do everything for everyone, say yes to everyone and so on.

Dont get me wrong I think the world needs them, but it just drives me potty that everyone believes to be spiritually ascended you have to be like them. I love the grounded sort, the ones who call a spade a spade, who dont mince their words and just say it with out fluffing everything out.

As mediums do we need to keep our heads in the clouds?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:14 PM
Enya

To me, the fluffies are playing a role, an illusion they have built around what they 'think' a spiritual person is. That makes it all the harder for anyone who buys into that and then discovers their 'ascended' hero has feet of clay.

Keeping feet on the ground and asperations in the heart is the way to go, imho...
Old 06-12-2010, 08:11 AM
glenos

An ascended Fluffie, with a bag of coloured rocks and a tattoo of Archangle thingamabob on their ankle. Oh yes, plenty of them about complete with wafty gear on from their Tunisian summer holiday. I ask myself (often) where did it all go wrong.

Gotta go as I have Jesus on the hot-line channeling some essential oil masage recipes for me..

G
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
LadyB.

I have a great friend who I suppose you would describe as a "fluffy'.

She is probably one of the most enlightened people I have ever come across, A genuinely kind compassionate lovely person. She is not a medium but she is a superb teacher of many aspects of spirituality. So I would say don't judge a book by its cover..

I am not 'fluffy' myself ..although I would love to have many of her qualities and be as non judgmental as her..

I think the Dalai Lama sums it up nicely..

"Once you encourage the thought of compassion in your mind, once it becomes active, then your attitude towards others changes automatically."

LB
Old 07-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
I'd love to hear what everyone thinks of the 'Fluffy Brigade' these are those (rarely mediums) who think all those who are have to be Saints, say darling a lot to everyone, just have to be the living 'Mother Theresa', give every penny they have to charity, do everything for everyone, say yes to everyone and so on.

Dont get me wrong I think the world needs them, but it just drives me potty that everyone believes to be spiritually ascended you have to be like them. I love the grounded sort, the ones who call a spade a spade, who dont mince their words and just say it with out fluffing everything out.

Self-righteousness (the attitude "It's my way or the highway") is everybody's baggage. Even the so-called "grounded sort." I think your objection is more to the choice of language and metaphors people use. Two people will channel the same message in different ways, according to their value system etc. Isn't that a good idea? That way people who want the message handed to them on a "fluffy" pillow will get it that way and people who want the message handed to them like a slap on the face will get it that way. To each his own, I say. What do you think?
Old 07-12-2010, 05:02 PM
Serenity Bear

Nope Uma it isnt like that, and I agree that every medium gives things in certain ways.

These ones are the kind that people litterally think 'oh pass the bucket' because they put it on so very thick. Its not exactly just what they say, its how they act and everyone knows its an act - like their playing a false path.

They are the type who would go to church to gain business contacts but act as if they were the devine being of wonder.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
An ascended Fluffie, with a bag of coloured rocks and a tattoo of Archangle thingamabob on their ankle. Oh yes, plenty of them about complete with wafty gear on from their Tunisian summer holiday. I ask myself (often) where did it all go wrong.

Gotta go as I have Jesus on the hot-line channeling some essential oil masage recipes for me..

G
****! Oh that was funny.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:46 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear

I agree with you whole heartedly,give me a medium any time who calls a spade a spade!
I hate these 'wishy-washy' readings where Aunt Betty or Uncle Joe comes through with no proof at all.

Deepsea
Old 07-12-2010, 10:42 PM
glenos

There realy aren't any quality, down to earth, honest to goodness Mediums, around these days. Well, not in the numbers there used to be. It changed over a few years. It was mainly in draughty scout huts smelling of gas fires and damp biscuits and everyone singing the hymns out of tune yeah but with soul. The coming together of a band of circle sitters sitting for "pure and clean" phenomenma as about as direct as it had ever been done. Witness the great intruments, Silver Birch, White Eagle. Round about twenty years ago sommat happened. It became a kinda new age fashion. As acceptable to have healing as it was to go to have a sauna or do meditating. Anyone who had a glimmer near the surface of the divine skills tried them. Nothing really of the like as mentioned came again but everyone went forward together, the oldies and the newies. Many of the newies did often camp it up a bit but it didn't matter some of the oldies did too.

No offence intended.

G