Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 22-02-2013, 12:17 AM
4everLove

The Ougie Board

Hey all! So I just want to see what everyone thinks about Ougie Boards. My mom and aunt did it a few times but always prayed for good energies to come through everytime. they just asked to bless it and send light to it.

anyways, i know everyone says to stay away from them. just want to hear stories/thoughts on them.

namaste:)
Old 22-02-2013, 12:46 AM
Master
I think if you use it without a superstitious mind you should be OK.
Old 22-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Super Moderator
I'm sorry if this comes across as "negative" but the trouble with Ouija boards is you can't always tell who or what you are talking to (unless you know, doubtlessly, already by other means, and the board is just used as a tool)
There are sometimes, some very tricky earthbound souls around in the astral plane dimension close to the Earth plane. That's not to say that these Souls don't need some love and kindness, and encouragement to head for the brightest light they can see...but they are not all like that. It can depend. And spiritual seekers can get entangled in some difficult things sometimes by using Ouija boards.
Just my opinion, based on some things I have known happen to someone I knew in the past.
Old 22-02-2013, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

I have used them, and from my experience with them, I believe they do work. I no longer mess with them, and I'd say it's best to avoid doing so. But people have to go there own way and who am I to say anything since I've done it myself plenty of times in the past.
Old 22-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Master

I had one and it moved really fast. One time me and my grandmother asked it who was controlling it, and it said the devil. We stopped using it after that. A few years later I lent it to my friends. By the time I found it again, it had messed up 3 kids that I know of who were playing with it by themselves. I got it back and burned it while a bunch of bikers laughed at me for being superstitious. True story.
Old 22-02-2013, 03:26 AM
Ascender

It's a plank of wood with the alphabet painted on it. If that's evil, then every decently-stocked kindergarten is a portal to an evil otherworld.

Okay, I understand that it was initially marketed as a necromancy divination tool... and, I understand that there is a lot of stigma attached to death and communication with the dead, as well as lots of stigma attached to providing an easy way for the otherwise uninitiated to channel spiritual messages (because the easy way, provides progress in advance of understanding or wisdom.)

Personally, I don't see it as any more evil than gemstones, meditation, dream interpretations or lucid dreaming, or channeling. All of these have their dangers and inconveniences.
Old 22-02-2013, 05:26 PM
becomingkate

I've heard so many negative stories about the Ouija (my parents were the first to warn me about it) that I won't use it.

My oldest daughter used it a few times as a teen and she's experienced more paranormal stuff than anyone in the house. Negative stuff, like heavy emotional feelings or pushing her from behind. I don't know if that is a result of using the Ouija or not, but I still stay away from that sort of thing.
Old 22-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Shincarra

4everlove, I agree with all of the above. There are better ways to keep in touch wiht Spirit, then using a Ouija board. I have never had a problem, but I also don't use them, but people I do know have had many problems. I think it has a lot to do with the personel power of the person using it. Just saying.
Old 22-02-2013, 07:59 PM
partofme

I have very mixed feelings of them. I played with them as a teen. Had some pretty cool experiences with them at times. We had used white candles with our sessions and we still had some creepy things happen still. The last time when I was 19 (with my husband) it said we were evil. THAT was enough for me! Especially since having children, Ive never played with one nor plan to. Just the very idea of it being around my youngest (fear of its possibilities to tap into her energy)is enough keep the temptation of wanting to show my oldest what they can do.
Old 22-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Master

I don't see it as evil, I see it as a door. Would you open your door to any stranger that wanted to come in? People don't realize what they're doing when they open psychic doors and often suffer the consequences. I did when I was younger and it took a while to recover. It seems to happen more with people who have emotional problems, maybe they're more vulnerable?