Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 28-11-2018, 02:34 AM
Master
The Biology of Kundalini

Greetings to all.

After I made a post in the non-duality forum about the negative consequences of my total surrender with subsequent Kundalini rising, which did not conform to any basic model of such, I decided to go on an internet surf to try and ascertain exactly what had happened in my individual case.

I came across a very well written article which explains the whole mechanism of Kundalini and consciousness from a purely neurological perspective, with me going "yep, that's IT" all the way through it...So I thought I would share this article.

http://www.biologyofkundalini.com/ar...ousSystem.html

A lot of things made total sense to me.... especially the fact that being Autistic (as I am) and having a history of severe physical and emotional abuse, I was deficient in a neurotransmitter precursor called GABA.

I already KNEW that for about 3 years now, and I was even taking Lyrica (Pregabalin) for a while back then and it was helping me, but finding a sympathetic doctor to deal with my parasympathetic problems by writing me an "off label script" became increasingly difficult...and so, I gave that up.

I never made the connection between my atypical brain chemistry and the problems that a Kundalini awakening would have (and did have) until I read that article there...and the penny dropped after so long.

Funnily enough, I can understand the whole language of brain chemistry, as I spent years researching it, after reading another article about an autopsy performed on an adult with Autism Spectrum Disorder..

I can't find that exact link I saw back then, but today I read a book..

https://www.intechopen.com/books/aut...autistic-brain

Now, if you marry the article and book together, one can clearly see and understand what went wrong and why I suffer with so many psychosomatic symptoms, as I do...However, "psychosomatic" is only a label that doctors have given to my condition, as they don't understand the neurobiochemical processes involved and yet, I DO...but will they listen to a lay "random" off the street with a history of mental illness? Not a chance!

Once, they tried putting me on Cymbalta (Duloxetine) saying that it "did the same thing as Lyrica" yet, it did nothing for me, but give me severe nausea and diarrhea...So much so, I had to cease taking it (with doctors knowledge of course).

Anyway, enough about my personal history, yet if I had my time over, I feel that I could make great contributions to the field of spirituality and neuroscience.

Thank you for reading.
Old 28-11-2018, 11:39 PM
Experiencer
Funny timing, or par for the course as you seem to read the same material, but I'm currently reading her book of the same name 'Biology of Kundalini'. She really delves into the brain chemistry more than any other author, and from my perspective overcomplicates many parts, but it's a working framework of her experience that's worth the read.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj
Old 29-11-2018, 02:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndoftheRoad
Funny timing, or par for the course as you seem to read the same material, but I'm currently reading her book of the same name 'Biology of Kundalini'. She really delves into the brain chemistry more than any other author, and from my perspective overcomplicates many parts, but it's a working framework of her experience that's worth the read.
Thank You for your reply and synopsis.

After posting that initial link, I came to the realisation that what I thought was an article, was actually a chapter of her book which can be found online, by going back to that link I posted, pressing the "home" icon at the top of the page, then scrolling through all of the chapters on the left side of the screen.

So, I have started reading her book in total now and I am finding it a very informative and a useful tool . Yes, some overcomplicating is there, but I also like to explore these concepts laterally rather than literally, so that book seems quite suitable for me.

Once again, thanks and whether it be fortuitous, synchronicity, coincidence or just par for the course, I am happy to see another who is also reading this.

Peace to you.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:25 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing!

Old 02-12-2018, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator
Sometimes doctors label symptoms "psychosomatic", and then write them off, or attempt to use pharmaceuticals of a rather narrow spectrum to numb the symptoms -just because they really don't understand....or even worse....the patient has a complicated issue in a highly under-funded area of medicine! It's easier to throw drugs at them and see what happens next!

There are many mystery ailments that have predominantly physical symptoms, but also psychological symptoms. Some of those, the doctors don't have the first clue how to diagnose or to treat. M.E. (CFS) is one of them.
Dysautonomia (dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system) is another, with distressing physical symptoms sometimes. Sadly some of those patients are treated for "anxiety", with mixed results, and never receive a proper diagnosis.

And in some health care systems, the average neurologist never gets beyond basic neuro screening test (20 minutes) plus a CT scan or MRI. And if those all come back "normal", the patient again doesn't receive a diagnosis!

And it seems obvious to me that a person is a complete system, not just mind and physical body split off from each other. They both work together. Yet in medicine it seems diagnoses are considered to be "either" psychological OR physical.
Medicine has a LOT to learn, and to open its mind to.
Old 05-12-2018, 02:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Thank You for your reply and synopsis.

After posting that initial link, I came to the realisation that what I thought was an article, was actually a chapter of her book which can be found online, by going back to that link I posted, pressing the "home" icon at the top of the page, then scrolling through all of the chapters on the left side of the screen.

So, I have started reading her book in total now and I am finding it a very informative and a useful tool . Yes, some overcomplicating is there, but I also like to explore these concepts laterally rather than literally, so that book seems quite suitable for me.

Once again, thanks and whether it be fortuitous, synchronicity, coincidence or just par for the course, I am happy to see another who is also reading this.

Peace to you.

I do appreciate how the author breaks out the timelines and seasons of kundalini. One other book I read that covered that from an astrological standpoint was Barbara Hand Clow's
Astrology and the Rising of Kundalini: The Transformative Power of Saturn, Chiron, and Uranus. All pieces of a puzzle.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj