Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-12-2018, 12:29 PM
Pathfinder

if there is only one game in town and we are forced to play, what freedom is that?
Old 22-12-2018, 02:01 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by handy guy
if there is only one game in town and we are forced to play, what freedom is that?

Perhaps there are an infinity of infinities of games to play, and you can choose whichever game you wish to play, or not to play at all. Then the question is why did we choose to play the game we are playing now.
Old 22-12-2018, 07:50 PM
Master

Quote:

And even if there is only one game in town and we are forced to play, the rewards for mastering the game are worth everything.

Peace.
Old 24-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Perhaps there are an infinity of infinities of games to play, and you can choose whichever game you wish to play, or not to play at all. Then the question is why did we choose to play the game we are playing now.

I don't see infinity applying to the non-infinite, namely this universe and its various forms that had a beginning and thus will have an end, even though we like to imagine otherwise.
Old 24-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And even if there is only one game in town and we are forced to play, the rewards for mastering the game are worth everything.

Peace.

I'd say it depends on the end game...
Old 24-12-2018, 01:51 PM
ketzer

Quote:
I don't see infinity applying to the non-infinite, namely this universe and its various forms that had a beginning and thus will have an end, even though we like to imagine otherwise.

The finite is often the ingredients of the infinite. Works the other way around as well. The finite forms are imagined into being from the infinity of potentiality by the observations of our own consciousness, and sent back to the infinite formlessness when we are done imagining them.

Perhaps there are an infinity of infinities of universes to play in, and you can choose whichever universe you wish to experience. Then the question is why did you choose the universe you are in and the forms you are playing with now.
Old 24-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Pathfinder

interesting pondering, ...but infinity is normally thought of as infinite time and space which in themselves cannot be infinite per-se.
Old 28-12-2018, 04:11 PM
ketzer

Quote:
interesting pondering, ...but infinity is normally thought of as infinite time and space which in themselves cannot be infinite per-se.

I don't know what you mean when you say time and space themselves cannot be infinite. If you are saying they are quantized, this is true, but if there is an infinity of quanta, then they are composed of the infinite and are infinite as well.... yes/no?. Perhaps it is a matter of semantics. Even if this Universe is finite, a multiverse could be infinite. Anyway, prior to observation, all matter (i.e. form) is understood to exist (depending on how you define that word) as a probability wave which... I don't think... is considered to be quantized. The wave encompasses all possibilities, whether those possibilities are infinite or not is hard to say (some?? all??). The quantum field that contains the wave, I believe... is considered to be continuous (infinitely divisible) in fact, but quantized in observation (i.e. expressed as form in consciousness). The part about infinity of infinities comes out of superstring theory with it's ten dimensions of reality, which I like as it provides a rather large (infinite) ocean of possibilities to swim around in.
Old 28-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Pathfinder

sorry, but all that is making my brain hungry for a snack. Btw, are there infinite snacks along the way?