Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 30-03-2015, 09:33 PM
Tattoo

My Native American amulet,necklace,pendant...

Hi my brother and sister.
We can write here about our amulet . I have ,, wolf tooth ,, necklace, and i make it myself.
I belive that the this amulet protect me and protect my health too.
Im European from litle christian country Montenegro.
I will attach photo of my amulet as soon as possible.
Old 31-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Raven Poet

Hi, Tattoo.

It's awesome that you celebrate and honour the cultural traditions of the First Peoples of Turtle Island!

Keep in mind that "Native American" is a very general term. There were once more than 500 Indigenous Nations here on North America before European contact, each with their own distinct set of traditions, languages, and cultural Bundles. Just like in Europe, where there are several Nations or countries with their unique cultures, so too are there unique Nations here on this continent.

Do you know which Nation or Indigenous nation inspired the design of your necklace? There might be a whole set of cultural teachings that comes with it that you can explore and connect to.

Looking forward to the picture!
Old 31-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Tattoo

Hi Raven. I know that the Native American is a very general term.
I meaning that my amulet devolve or inspired by nord America tribes.
im very interested for cultural traditions of the First Nation tribes.
Can you share some link about Native American amulet meaning ?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:14 AM
Raven Poet

Hi, Tattoo. I'm so sorry, I have nothing to share by way of a link to a website.

As a rule, I approach traditional Indigenous info on the Internet with caution, cuz I feel I really don't know who is posting the info. I love all the connection and interesting info the Internet gives us, but I typically don't go looking for traditional knowledge there for the most part. If I do read something of interest on the Internet, I like to "cross reference" it with an Elder or have it validated by a Traditional Knowledge Keeper.

Most of what I learn about comes from listening to Elder stories and teachings. This has been something I am so grateful for. And it's funny - quite often what I will be questioning or wondering about, the next gathering or teaching circle I go to, an Elder will speak about that very topic.

I am hoping that maybe this will happen for you, too - that someone who knows authentic teachings will cross your path soon and share some of their wisdom with you about what you are questioning.