Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 29-04-2017, 09:07 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Neo*
When I think of my reason for living, I think of something like, "to see the unfolding beauty of life, "or "to enjoy the dance of life".
I'm not sure why or how I came up with that and so I'm not sure if it's just a default reason for lack of anything better. And what are reasons we give things anyway? Now there's a question.

I find when I speak to random people in my area and ask them "how's it going?", there is a constant reference to their children and I get the impression people live through or even for their children. This is probably the reason for the look of horror on their faces (some cultures more so than others) when I tell them I can't have children, neither me or my partner.

But is does make me wonder too, (call me a sceptic) if theirs is also a default kind of reason, "I live for my children" because... that's all they can think of, the children dominate their lives and so it seems that they live for the children. That leads to other questions like, what about when the children are grown up and gone, or estranged families that become very loosely based or geographically dispersed.

I must admit, it very easy to say that someone else, even a cat or dog, is the reason you live, because they constantly interrupt your life and you have to stop what you are doing (or forget how lonely / bored / etc) you are for a minute while you feed the cat or take the dog for a walk (or feed your husband lol)

So, I might be very new to meditation, but I thought this might be a good section of this forum to ask this rambling question...

Hello,

My cat Mr Moggs.

Kind Regards Billy.
Old 29-04-2017, 09:20 PM
Master

My reason for living is not to go anywhere or do anything or try to become anyone. It is simply the joy of Being.

Peace.
Old 30-04-2017, 04:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlow
Just want to thank you all here for your honesty, and the questioner for asking.

So much of the world would like to put on a mask that never questions why they live. If most people did I doubt they could carry on but it's worth asking I think.

I am in transition. I used to live for the animals I cared for personally and professionally and all they taught me but a shift in perspective made me see how much humans really suffer so much longer and deeper and they have so much less access to the unconditional love animals are more frequently granted. I crave to ease that somehow but I haven't figured out how yet.

For a time I lived to nurture one that really was destroyed and needed me but they are not so in need any longer and I feel very much im questioning why I exist in this incarnation. The purpose is missing.

I'm know I'm here to love but the world is so disconnected I feel somewhat unable to provide what it needs. I'm sure I will figure it out but I truly appreciate this conversation as it isn't something you can say in polite society without it sounding like a cry for help. :) which this isn't, it's self awareness. :)

thank you.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 AM
Newbie ;)

My reason for living is to ensure that my future generation has sufficient materials to live a long, happy and fulfilling life and to help others along the way.
there's something i heard in a seminar once from Jim Rohn that really spoke to me and ill quote it here:
"the man has finally had it with mediocrity, he's had it with being a loser, he's finally had it with those awful sick feelings inside, knowing his wife is at the grocery store looking at 2 cans of beans, 1 marked 37 cents, 1 marked 39 cents and the guy is sick inside knowing his wife is going to buy the 37 cent can and she doesnt even like the brand. you know why shes going to buy the 37 cent can? to save 2 cents. the guy is sick inside and finally says. "I've had it! begging on my knees in the dust, looking for pennies, we are not living life like this anymore.""
i personally was brought up poor in my childhood, my parents had to beg just to get a carton of milk to be able to feed me for the day, i remember when my mother use to sit at home and cry cause she couldn't find a job and we were behind on our payments and i remember when my dad would come home and see the look in his eyes and know that he didnt feel like he wasnt good enough husband, i was only 5 at the time but it was at that moment that i decided that i will never allow my children to feel that way, i will never allow my wife to cry at home because she didnt have enough money to feed her children and feel strongly that i must never allow my family to be poor again.
That is my reason for living, i will make it my life duty that that reality doesnt have a hope in hell of existing to my family, and when i become successful i will make it my life duty that nobody else will have to live with that reality
Old 02-05-2017, 09:49 AM
Eelco

Having had some sense in meditation that there is no I that "needs" a reason to live.
It has made it so much easier to nor need a reason.

The meaning of live or the reason for live if you will is nothing other than the meaning we choose to give it. For a parent it comes easy to give his or her children the meaning of life, because it's probably where they learned to sacrifice parts of themselves.

does that make sense?

With Love
Eelco
Old 03-05-2017, 10:01 AM
Eelco

Old 06-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Newbie ;)

My reason for living or I would rather say that the reason I am experiencing this life here is that I don't have to come back here anymore and start all over again. I will do my best and my all that I will make it this time.

The thought that how many lives we've been through and always started all over again not remembering the last time, first walking here like in a dream state and learning it all over and over again, it's crazy. That is just my thought, how I see it.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Newbie ;)

Our reason for living is to love one another.

And that's why so many people first and foremost focus on their children; they are the easiest and most obvious ways to express love.

Not having children just means you need to be more creative in finding someone to give your love.