Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 06-10-2012, 09:22 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Ha...The Chase....good one.

http://www.ewtn.com/library/HUMANITY/HNDHVN.HTM

THE HOUND OF HEAVEN

I fled Him, down the nights and down the days;
I fled Him, down the arches of the years;
I fled Him, down the labyrinthine ways
Of my own mind; and in the midst of tears
I hid from Him, and under running laughter.
Up vistaed hopes I sped;
And shot, precipitated,
Adown Titanic glooms of chasmed fears,
From those strong Feet that followed, followed after.
But with unhurrying chase,
And unperturbèd pace,
Deliberate speed, majestic instancy,
They beat—and a Voice beat
More instant than the Feet—
'All things betray thee, who betrayest Me'.

Now of that long pursuit
Comes on at hand the bruit;
That Voice is round me like a bursting sea:
'And is thy earth so marred,
Shattered in shard on shard?
Lo, all things fly thee, for thou fliest Me!

'Strange, piteous, futile thing!
Wherefore should any set thee love apart?
Seeing none but I makes much of naught' (He said),
'And human love needs human meriting:
How hast thou merited
Of all man's clotted clay the dingiest clot?
Alack, thou knowest not
How little worthy of any love thou art!
Whom wilt thou find to love ignoble thee,
Save Me, save only Me?
All which I took from thee I did but take,
Not for thy harms,
But just that thou might'st seek it in My arms.
All which thy child's mistake
Fancies as lost, I have stored for thee at home:
Rise, clasp My hand, and come!'

Halts by me that footfall:
Is my gloom, after all,
Shade of His hand, outstretched caressingly?
'Ah, fondest, blindest, weakest,
I am He Whom thou seekest!
Thou dravest love from thee, who dravest Me.'

- Francis Thompson

"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." - Jung
Old 06-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Master
ah ha... My life view was set after reading The Hound of Heaven when I was a teen, eversolong ago.

Xan

Old 06-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Juanita

Cat

[quote=spiritualized]I've tried & practised to. Have seen & worked with a number of psychics. I get some intuitive stuff sometimes. Honestly though; I don't know with it all. Yes I believe that I have spirit guides. I also feel very close with my Grandmother who passed away some 14 years ago. But I feel that I don't have a definitely tangible contact with my spirit guides, in the sense of very clear guidance & messages. I do get a lot of synchronistic stuff, & stuff at intuitive/feeling levels.

It is like there is a load of stuff in the background or blocked. Maybe in part it's the medication that I'm on? Or a result of life experiences? I'm unsure.

There is this whole question of what is best to focus on & practise. I'm open to things, but nor am I new to the areas of spirituality. It's very hard to put certain things into words.[/QUOte

Oh my, I almost had an anxiety attack while reading your posts......your energy is scattered all over the place......first, keep it simple....the basics.....we are spiritual beings temporarily in a physical body....this is not our true Home.....we are here for a reason......we came here with a Life Plan to accomplish, learn and experience the things we decided would help the growth of our soul....... spirituality has to with SPIRIT, the world of spirit ---someone else's or your own....... you don't "have" to focus on or "practice" anything......your past lives are not that important, otherwise we would be permitted to remember them--and some can....... If you "feel" your grandmother "near" then she is certainly near and doing her best to guide you on your journey......you are just trying too darn hard....quit trying so hard and go with the flow and just "let" things happen in a natural and normal way.... meditation is good, but don't force it..;...just ease into it by sitting quietly or using a meditation cd....... continue to read all you can on these subjects, but remember to "keep" only what resonates with you, and to simply discard what doesn't........enjoy the journey......
Old 06-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
Are you at that levels where you see ALL things as that?
A totally non-dualistic state of Being?
Where everything is Divine Truth & Unconditional Love?
Or expressions/manifestations of it?
can't say I've ever seen that in anyone.
I look at this World & despair sometimes. ]
I didn't know if these were rhetorical questions or not.
Out of respect for your asking I can say, for some blessed reason,
( I ask why often) I do experience less duality whether it be the good, the bad or the ugly.
I am the most amazed of anyone that this Grace has been given to me.

Practically speaking, what started the process of this 'change' in me
was almost devouring the book "Practicing the Presence" by Joel S. Goldsmith.
I could only read a sentence a day sometimes it was so profound to me.

Since I was very disciplined for 35 yrs following a Guru...it honed my mind in
such a way that I can take one sentence of guidance or wisdom or instruction
and actually practice it for weeks....one thing...like
"Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first."
Do that completely for one week...oh my God.

My favorite was when I read, "Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires
of your heart."
Try contemplating and doing that for one week, omg.

But the best that I take to heart and totally 100% practice that is a life changer and
Mind altering guidance is, "Do not worry. Be anxious for nothing. Give Him your burdens."

I am like a soldier following instructions...that's the way something works for me.
And so far so good. I am NOT the person I used to be...
I have known such neurosis, anger and b*tchiness in me..and now I'm like the most
Contented, happy, at peace person I know.
Wish you could ask my friends that have known me for decades.

Following instructions of a master was the best thing I ever did...many master's words,
I should say.
Rambled....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-10-2012, 10:14 PM
spiritualized

Hi Juanita. Thank you for the reply.

I have been getting a lot of anxiety recently; but always have done.

I think you give wise advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
Oh my, I almost had an anxiety attack while reading your posts......your energy is scattered all over the place......first, keep it simple....the basics.....we are spiritual beings temporarily in a physical body....this is not our true Home.....we are here for a reason......we came here with a Life Plan to accomplish, learn and experience the things we decided would help the growth of our soul....... spirituality has to with SPIRIT, the world of spirit ---someone else's or your own....... you don't "have" to focus on or "practice" anything......your past lives are not that important, otherwise we would be permitted to remember them--and some can....... If you "feel" your grandmother "near" then she is certainly near and doing her best to guide you on your journey......you are just trying too darn hard....quit trying so hard and go with the flow and just "let" things happen in a natural and normal way.... meditation is good, but don't force it..;...just ease into it by sitting quietly or using a meditation cd....... continue to read all you can on these subjects, but remember to "keep" only what resonates with you, and to simply discard what doesn't........enjoy the journey......
Old 06-10-2012, 10:27 PM
spiritualized

Quote:
I didn't know if these were rhetorical questions or not.

I was being quite serious. There are no shortage of people, the majority in fact; whether on-line, or in books, films & life; who love telling me/others how it all is, & what we should all be doing & how we should all be living - & I look at the state of the World & the majority of people & laugh. Thing is that the older I get the more I see that often very little of it actually matches up with anything. I've had to sift through a lot of chaff.

I don't doubt that some people are very highly spiritually aware. & there is nothing 'wrong' per se in where people are at - where they are at is where they are at.

In relation however to my own difficulties & experiences; there is only one person in my life who I truly value what they have to say on the matter. In regards to most else - I've heard it all before & it's saying nothing new or insightful. I suppose we're limited by language? It's about resonance/presence - Reading out from a Dictionary contains everything language can really tell us - & is as valid as any other combination of words.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Henri77

Some have benefited greatly from past life exploration, by clarifying current fears-issues, while others seem less enthusiastic about what they learned.

Depending how ready they are to face who they've "been."

I've never cared to look back, yet lately have become more curious about certain aspects of my off planet past specifically.

Your heart truly knows what's in your highest interest.

Old 06-10-2012, 11:11 PM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritualized
Around 12 years ago I came across the writings of Brain Weiss - & read all his books. Then I stumbled across Michael Newton & read all his. After that the subject of the 'inter life' & spirit World has been quite a large area of interest for me. I've also worked my way through the works of Ian Lawton, Andy Tomlinson, Robert Schwartz, as well as some work by Kubler Ross, Dolores Cannon & others.

I've also been very interested in Rich Martini's contribution to the area, with his documentary film & book, & being able to chat with him on this forum.

Wow,
Sounds like you already know more than everyone here,combined.
excepting your own story ,of course
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 AM
I often talk with my confused friends, mostly Christians...their homes
are filled with intellectual books and they know all phases of
Christianity down to what pastor says what at what church in our town...they
lament about the stress they are under and how much they worry.
All while working for a non-profit organization that will be sending them on
another mission to some country...I mean they are "dug into" Christian life.

I say...for just one week contemplate, ponder, mull over, think about and finally
Figure out what it would mean to Seek the Kingdom of Heaven first.
And get back to me.

You know what? No one ever does.

I believe the Mind has hold of them and they are attached to their confusion, bec
They never do 'what it takes'...they can't even follow one directive from their "Savior"
or teacher...Do not worry.

Are you willing to take one suggestion from someone you respect?
Buddha? Tolle?
And practice it for only a week?

Ok, how about 4 days, then?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-10-2012, 06:58 AM
spiritualized

Quote:
Are you willing to take one suggestion from someone you respect?

Have practised religions - Personally for me I see them all as dead ends & take issue with all of them. I'd love to see a World without religion.

Have however applied certain principles, form many varied sources - teachings of the Buddha, thich nhat hanh, Tolle, Tony de Mello, Ramana Maharshi, & many many others. In essence all the spiritual masters say the same thing, just in different words, filtered through their own individual personalities. The truth doesn't change.

In relation to my own life, struggles, difficulties, & issues however - the same problems remain.

I also do take suggestions from someone I respect - have been working with a competent healer for the past 4 years. He's reached similar conclusions about certain things as I have.