Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 14-03-2012, 04:11 PM
hawkmoth65

For Scamp

We lost our dear,beloved Border Terrier on Monday when he had to be put to sleep because of a serious spinal injury.We are all shattered by his death but I count ourselves very lucky to have had him in our lives for nearly 10 years.I wrote this poem for him.

Little One - for Scampy

You captured our hearts,little one,
with bright eyes and that busy tail,
ever trusting,ever eager,
you loved us always without fail;
but little one,your eyes grew dim,
when cradled in our loving arms,
and even this sad sea of tears,
could never keep you free from harm;
yet as you gently slipped away,
to a better place you have passed,
and leaving pain and fear behind,
you are running so free and fast;
through sunlit meadows,little one,
like the ones you and I would share,
so wait for me my little one,
and one day I will meet you there.

Andy Green - March 2012
Old 16-03-2012, 03:34 PM
Master

So sorry to hear about poor Scamp.

The 'love bond' applies to beloved pets as well as human loved ones. You'll meet again...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 16-03-2012, 07:38 PM
midnightstar

So sorry to read about Scamp, Hawkmoth Hugs for you Scamp's running free He'll be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge waiting for the day you get reunited
Old 16-03-2012, 08:57 PM
hawkmoth65

Thank you Knightofalbion and BeautyDylan,we are still very raw but both your words are of great comfort to myself and my family.Pets are family members too and to lose them is heartbreaking.
Old 16-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Suspended
Hiya Andy

I'm saddened to hear you lost Scamp this week. Beautiful poem.

Is he in your current avatar? If so, he looks a proper character!

Squatch
Old 16-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Master
Lightbulb

That's a very cute very sad poem for your beloved pet, Hawkmoth.
It put a lump in my throat - I believe that's him in your avatar...adorable.

Old 17-03-2012, 08:55 PM
hawkmoth65

Hi Squatchit and Silvergirl,thank you,you're both very kind.

Yes that's him in the avatar.He was always a very happy little dog,loved people and would greet them with a wagging tail.

We will always love him dearly,and one day I will be reunited with him.
Old 17-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Master
So sorry little Scamp has left you guys Andy ... he is beautiful and looks like he was full of scampy mischief lol ... we had a dog named Scamp too, back when I was a child. We had to leave him with relatives in NSW while we travelled back to Tasmania, and he escaped them and showed up in the newspaper trying to get on the boat we boarded! Unfortunately he was 'shooed' away and didnt return ... its very difficult saying goodbye to pets ... thoughts are with you and your family x
Old 18-03-2012, 08:38 PM
hawkmoth65

Thank you for your kindness Sound.Yes he was a little character for sure,always ready with a greeting.

I'm so sorry about your own 'Scamp'.That must have been very hard for you as a child,dogs are very special aren't they.So did you never see him again?
Old 19-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Master
No we didnt see him again Andy .. we had many other dogs join our family though over the years ... our most recent loss was a Blue Cattle Dog/Kelpie cross who stuck it out with us for 16 yrs ... Rastus was his name :) ... short for Eurastus which, in Greek, means 'loving' :)