Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-02-2012, 11:50 AM
Experiencer

Does it exist.

I have had this serious fear of going to Hell for a long time now.
Would like to hear people's oppinions please.
Thank you.
Old 07-02-2012, 12:12 PM
Ascender

The only 'hell' would be that which you create for yourself by your negative mindset and perception. We weave our own surroundings through our attitudes, and this is what we will see when we pass over.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Master

There is no hell. There are other worlds, some nice and some not so nice, on the astral planes. But you don't get sent there. You die, and go to the other side where everyone else are who haven't reincarnated again. If I have seen hell anywhere, it is right here on this earth if you are in the wrong time and place. But at least you get to escape when you die.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Guide
For all the reassurance the people on this forum could give you, if you want to let go of your fear then you must convince yourself. Hell is often rooted in fear and insecurity, that one is sinning or is not living life the 'right' way. In truth there is no right way. It becomes your journey to figure out what the root of fear is in you , and how to overcome it and learn from it.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Guide
Before I begin I want to make plain that this is my belief. I do not suggest that anyone is wrong and I am right, it simply is how I believe and why.

If you are thinking of what the Christian religions teach as being hell, as in hell fire, then there are a few things you should know. According to the bible of the Christians:

1. What is the condition of the dead according to the bible.
Eccl 9:5 say that, “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all.” If the dead are conscious of nothing then they can’t experience pain in a fiery place of torment.

2. The condition of the soul when the body dies: Ezekiel 18:4 says, “The soul that is sinning it itself will die.” So if the soul dies then what is left to torment in hell.

3. What kind of people go to hell according to Christian teachings? Bad people right.
According to Acts 2:25-27, says: “For David said respecting him, (Jesus), God did not leave my soul in Hades, (Greek word for hell).” So if you read verses 22-27 you will see that it is speaking about Jesus. God did not leave Jesus in Hades, Hell? Jesus was the most righteous man ever and yet the bible says his soul was in Hades. Also when Job was being tormented so much he prayed that his soul be kept safe in Sheol. Job 14:13, “ Oh that in Sheol you would conceal me.” Sheol is the Hebrew word for Hell. So in essence Job prayed to go to Hell. He was said to be “a man blameless and upright, fearing god and turning aside from bad.” Job 1:8

4. The penalty for sin is Death according to Romans 6:23. “The wages sin pays is death.”
So what is the hell of the bible? It is simply the common grave. The place the body lies when it breathes no more. It is the only thing that makes sense. You can look that up in the Encyclopedia.

5. One last point the bible says, "God is Love" 1John 4:8. It also calls him our heavenly father. Now what would you think of a parent who held his child’s hand over a fire to punish the child for doing something wrong? I call that child abuse. Most people do. Would the God of the bible be any less loving to his children here on earth. He would not do something that any right minded person would never do.
Jer 7:31 Tells us where the idea to burn children came from. “They, Humans, built the high places, in order to burn their sons and daughters in the fire, a thing I had not commanded and that had not come up into my heart.”

So do I believe in the Hell that the Christian religions teach? NO

Do I believe that the soul dies? I think it can, but that would be only in extreme cases.

What do I believe is the penalty for being a bad person? I believe that we, if we are bad enough, do not get the choice to reincarnate. We are forced to live in the spirit realm. We lose the opportunity to continue to learn and explore this universe.

I also do not conform to or believe any particular religion. I think it is important learn all sorts of things and then make an informed decision.

Peace and Light be with you on your journey,
SC
Old 07-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Quintessence

Why let the fears of tomorrow destroy the promises of today?
Old 08-02-2012, 03:19 AM
Master
candyfloss... Rather than gathering our various opinions and religious views about whether there's a hell of not, it could be more reassuring for you to read the many true stories from people returning from NDEs... near death experiences.

This website has many such accounts and research, which answer questions about what happens after death: http://NDERF.org

Here's a thread you might like to read too:
What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences? - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=22123

Xan

Old 08-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Soapster

Only if you want it to exist

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Thank you.

From what I'm learning is that it exists only if you want to. In a way I could say its all in our heads. So if we dont want hell to exist than we have to think it away. But our minds eyes are seeing an illusion right now so what you see in this earthly world is the closest thing to hell.When you learn how to lift the veil you will see that hell doesnt exist and all that is left is Godly love. And for me the soul lives on forever and infinite and if this world is a school than the only thing you could fear is "reincarnating" back into this world to teach others to open their minds eyes also.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyfloss28
Thank you.
Jesus clearly taught that there is a Hell and even gave a description of what it is like.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=20683

But he also made a way for us to avoid having to go there. By his death and resurrection he made a way for our sins to be forgiven so that when we die we will go to be with him rather than being condemned to Hell.

Fear can be a good thing if the thing you fear presents a real danger and your fear leads you to take steps to avoid this danger. There was a time when I was afraid I would go to Hell and if I had died during this time that is exactly where I would have ended up. But this fear provided the motivation I needed to study the Bible and learn what Jesus had done for me and I finally put my faith in him and was forgiven so that Hell is no longer something I need to worry about.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
candyfloss... Rather than gathering our various opinions and religious views about whether there's a hell of not, it could be more reassuring for you to read the many true stories from people returning from NDEs... near death experiences
There is one problem with this; these people experienced near death experiences but didn't actually die so they can't really know what happens to those who actually do die.