Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-01-2018, 02:18 AM
Master
Questions about consciousness and awareness

Answer whichever questions you want to.

What is Consciousness?
What is awareness?

Why do some people say "conscious awareness"?

if everything is consciousness, wouldn't "my consciousness" be referring to my ego only?
If everything is consciousness and I am consciousness too, how come I can't change or interact with the exterior world?
Why is my consciousness seemingly limited to my body? My inner body as well as my physical body?

If I were a candle, my ego would be the flame (which is awareness), and my consciousness would be the light shed by the flame? right?

Why do people say "the power of your consciousness"? NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHAT CONSCIOUSNESS IS REALLY. why is there all this big talk about something we dont even understand.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:51 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
Why do people say "the power of your consciousness"? NOBODY EVEN KNOWS WHAT CONSCIOUSNESS IS REALLY. why is there all this big talk about something we dont even understand.
Psychology and science will freely admit they're stumped when it comes to consciousness and after all of their studies they're not any closer to an understanding. Spirituality, on the other hand, has it all nailed down. Spirituality is not conscious of what it's not conscious of and that's the scary place.

The real question is what are the reasons people use those words?
Old 09-01-2018, 10:03 AM
Master
Quote:

What is Consciousness?
What is awareness?

if everything is consciousness, wouldn't "my consciousness" be referring to my ego only?
If everything is consciousness and I am consciousness too, how come I can't change or interact with the exterior world?
Why is my consciousness seemingly limited to my body? My inner body as well as my physical body?

If I were a candle, my ego would be the flame (which is awareness), and my consciousness would be the light shed by the flame? right?

It's really a matter of definitions, but traditionally, such as in advaita Buddhism etc, consciousness is interdependent with the object of consciousness, and if there is no object to be conscious of, which is to say, nothing sensed, that is 'unconscious'.

It's really in how the words are defined, but to differentiate, we could consider awareness to be what is always there regardless of conscious or unconscious states.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:43 PM
Master

Quote:

What is Consciousness?
What is awareness?

Yes in a way since consciousness is everything but not you, consciousness would be your ego of it. Think of it in terms of the concept of being Trinity like, that is like us as well. iwo are you the source? You to are divided.

You can if you are the (total) source or were in unity. I think we are not that way (yet). In humans it has to do imo with the physical and the brain. We have multiple levels of consciousness within as we know that are separate each doing our own thing (not its'). I think doubt is real information and a feeling we already know since no one has to even be told about it or is doubt how belief works. The thing is, to do what you talk puts us at par with God interference where you would try changing reality. I know I'd be changing a lot of things totally....lol. I mean a lot. Now with this change there would have to be an entirely different reality then and another form of doubt. Is time at all important? So do you think there is a purpose about it?

Don't get me wrong but it goes back to doubt but it also is not understanding the process of it.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:42 PM
Master
Quote:

Hi,

Consider the concept that there is a soul awareness which is vastly superior to our human awareness. To understand it better we need to have greater intellectual humility.

Now the power of our consciousness is that we can integrate divine wisdom with human awareness. That is if we can understand human consciousness as our power of perceptual choice.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 09-01-2018, 08:35 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Thanks John.

BT
Old 10-01-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Psychology and science will freely admit they're stumped when it comes to consciousness and after all of their studies they're not any closer to an understanding. Spirituality, on the other hand, has it all nailed down. Spirituality is not conscious of what it's not conscious of and that's the scary place.

The real question is what are the reasons people use those words?

tbh im not here to answer questions, im here to have them answered
Old 10-01-2018, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's really a matter of definitions, but traditionally, such as in advaita Buddhism etc, consciousness is interdependent with the object of consciousness, and if there is no object to be conscious of, which is to say, nothing sensed, that is 'unconscious'.

It's really in how the words are defined, but to differentiate, we could consider awareness to be what is always there regardless of conscious or unconscious states.

what does it mean to be interdependant of the object?
Old 10-01-2018, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Yes in a way since consciousness is everything but not you, consciousness would be your ego of it. Think of it in terms of the concept of being Trinity like, that is like us as well. iwo are you the source? You to are divided.

You can if you are the (total) source or were in unity. I think we are not that way (yet). In humans it has to do imo with the physical and the brain. We have multiple levels of consciousness within as we know that are separate each doing our own thing (not its'). I think doubt is real information and a feeling we already know since no one has to even be told about it or is doubt how belief works. The thing is, to do what you talk puts us at par with God interference where you would try changing reality. I know I'd be changing a lot of things totally....lol. I mean a lot. Now with this change there would have to be an entirely different reality then and another form of doubt. Is time at all important? So do you think there is a purpose about it?

Don't get me wrong but it goes back to doubt but it also is not understanding the process of it.
im totally lost about everything you just said haha
Old 10-01-2018, 04:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

Consider the concept that there is a soul awareness which is vastly superior to our human awareness. To understand it better we need to have greater intellectual humility.

Now the power of our consciousness is that we can integrate divine wisdom with human awareness. That is if we can understand human consciousness as our power of perceptual choice.

John

so there is an intellectual discrimination
yet to understand it we need less intellectual discrimination

i dont get it.