Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Experiencer

Wearing human hair extensions

Does anyone have any idea of what the spiritual effects of wearing hair extensions are? I am talking specifically about hair that was shaved off somebody else, washed, packaged and sold at haitdressers and such as extensions to other people.

I live around people who wear human hair extensions all time. This practice is revered and women use it to "enhance" their beauty and can be also seen as a marker of their financial status because the hair is usually quite pricey.

The thought of wearing some random stranger's hair horrifies me, especially since you never know what type of person this hair belonged to and what type of energy it contains.

Any thoughts on this?
Old 17-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Master
Hi Goddessa,

I'm not sure if it is still done today but things were made of horse hair, beds are often duck or goose feather, I would doubt that cut hair could contain any real lasting "energy".

Also don't forget the ancient hunters wearing pelts to keep them & their families from freezing to death.

I have definitely never heard of anything negative, my mother & aunts have always been superstitious, spiritualists, tarot & astrology driven.

If it icks you out just think of the women who may need wigs after chemo - I doubt that the confidence & comfort that a human hair wig would bring to someone in such horrid circumstances could carry negative energy enough to out match all of that good.
Old 17-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
Hi Goddessa,

I'm not sure if it is still done today but things were made of horse hair, beds are often duck or goose feather, I would doubt that cut hair could contain any real lasting "energy".

Also don't forget the ancient hunters wearing pelts to keep them & their families from freezing to death.

I have definitely never heard of anything negative, my mother & aunts have always been superstitious, spiritualists, tarot & astrology driven.

If it icks you out just think of the women who may need wigs after chemo - I doubt that the confidence & comfort that a human hair wig would bring to someone in such horrid circumstances could carry negative energy enough to out match all of that good.

Yes it really does gross me out but I never gave a thought to chemo patients, people who really need this hair. Thanks for reminding me. I'm not sure that it takes away my main concern about this though. They are still wearing somebody else's hair/energy.

Hair and nails are used in witchcraft for example mainly because they contain the person's energy. It is one of the reasons that got me thinking about this.

Rastafarians also hold hair in high regard and cover it most of the time to protect its energy.

Last edited by Goddessa : 17-08-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 17-08-2017, 07:48 PM
Master
There is definitely the possibility that they themselves do not recognise the esoteric side of what they do. Often "culture" is more of a habit to people i.e we have always done this - much like Christmas trees.

I thought of rabbit's paws or monkey feet when you first raised the point or worse still "scalping". All pretty yuk but yes I would still concentrate on the positive.

I would imagine that the specific people you are seeing around are pretty material based & likely not very spiritual in reality. However if they happen to be Creole Haitian Vodou or Deep Southern Hoodoo however .. wooo .. they appear to know what they are doing but I'd stay away from that scary stuff that's for sure.

It's a fascinating culture but way too powerful for me.
Old 06-01-2018, 04:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Does anyone have any idea of what the spiritual effects of wearing hair extensions are? I am talking specifically about hair that was shaved off somebody else, washed, packaged and sold at haitdressers and such as extensions to other people.

I live around people who wear human hair extensions all time. This practice is revered and women use it to "enhance" their beauty and can be also seen as a marker of their financial status because the hair is usually quite pricey.

The thought of wearing some random stranger's hair horrifies me, especially since you never know what type of person this hair belonged to and what type of energy it contains.

Any thoughts on this?

Just look at your hair as if extension of your own hair
Old 06-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Master
A passing thought here. If there really is residue energy from the other person, how about cleansing the hair as you would any item such as crystals, tools, etc? A method that can work on hair is a sage smudge or some other method that won't damage the hair.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)