Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 17-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I have a soft spot in my heart for Vietnam vets. They were the original front line grunts of this age of madness we've entered. The madness of our modern life has become commonplace, we barely blink at it anymore. But imagine what a generation of human beings must have felt, before that madness became the norm. They would have experienced it as absolute insanity. That was courage.

Starman, I was lucky in that I came to a depth understanding of the eternal soul and reincarnation, many years ago. I know now why we are born, why we are here, what happens when we die, and how and why it is we choose to come back again, over and over. The moment I came to these understandings, my battle with fear in life came to an end. I don't fear life anymore and I don't fear death. Death is rebirth into Spirit, which will once again become rebirth into Material. And sure, spirits and guides and family members appear at times to usher us back to Spirit. And we converse and discuss and plan with these spirits and guides and family members, before we come back to the Material once again. The great and wondrous story of human-spirit evolution, that's all it is really.

Baile, i believe that you are an empowered being.
you are empowered here-and-now.
you can choose to forgo the death experience while in this
present incarnation (verify this with your inner knowingness).
you do not require a "rebirth into Spirit", since you contain spirit now.
you are not separate from yourself.
affectionately, H:O:R:A:C:E
Old 17-05-2016, 07:50 PM
Master
Balie, thank you for acknowledging Vietnam vets. The average age of U.S. military folks during the Vietnam war was nineteen; we were young an innocent, and that innocence was very quickly snatched from us.

My experience of Vietnam was very surreal; life was cheapened and death was done wholesale. To cope we used to say to each other “it don’t mean nothing,” today U.S. Afghanistan and Iraq War veterans say “it is what it is.” You say these and other things to yourself to remain sane when crazy making is the norm.

At age-19 I was a combat medic responsible for other peoples lives; I had to grow up very quickly. We numbed ourselves mostly with alcohol and marijuana. When I left Vietnam I had a lot of survivors guilt (PTSD) and often wondered why did I live when so many others died. I held many in my arms as they were on their last breath. This began my conscious spiritual journey, because I was an agnostic when I went into the army.

I have since become to view myself as a spiritual being having a human experience and those who died in my arms, or elsewhere, were taking a step into a larger reality. People often look at how a person dies, as I earlier stated, by suicide, homicide, terminal illness, sudden death, in war, etc., and frequently judge how they died, but I don’t believe that there is any such thing as a premature death.

I had to come to terms with this especially when seeing a baby or child die. For me God is unreasonable; that is to say that what I refer to as “GOD” transcends human reasoning. I have been doing quiet meditation, silencing my mind, for a few decades and have had some out-of-body experiences where I acquired incredible wisdom, but when I returned to my body that wisdom often could not be put into words or retained by my mind.

In my opinion the verbal and written languages which are used here on Earth reflect our 3-D existence, and dimensions beyond this world are anything but 3-D. The Chinese written language for instance is pictorial, the Hebrew language combines its’ number system with its letter system, unlike the English language which has a separate number system from it’s letter system, and Roman numerals do not have a zero because they thought why have a symbol which represents nothing.

Language is like a code and it is my experience that the language beyond this world is a lot different than the language in this world. Nonetheless, I do feel very connected to the universe and my deeper self everyday, and have a confidence which transcends death.

I lost my eyesight during the Vietnam war and was totally blind for 5-years; 12-surgeries later my eyesight was restored because my optic nerve was not damaged. It seems to me that I had to go blind in order to really see. When I was blind I learned that while a person may look at something they will only truly see that something with their awareness; we look with our eyes but we see with our awareness, and when I was blind I saw things which I failed to see when I had eyesight. My life, and my awakening, has been an incredible journey even for me.
Old 17-05-2016, 08:47 PM
Master
Starman, I am sitting here in tears. Thank you for that. I taught grades 7-8 in Cali. I would bring local Vietnam vets into the classroom to share with the kids their experiences and life views. How precious is human existence. How miraculous our ability to feel. My own life is complete joy these days, and because of that I seldom discuss the hurt and pain of life. Nevertheless sometimes this too must be acknowledged and honored:

John Mayall-Crying-USA Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xrPJxDs-X8
Old 17-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Guide
Thank you for sharing, Starman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i had heard a psychic make the claim that there are specific points in time
that are available for people to transition into the after-life (i think that the
total possibilities were said to be seven). the idea held credence for me,
given the notion of the cyclic progression of lifelines (patterned).
plus, there's apparently been a correlation made between biorhythms and
"at risk" moments (the more vulnerable spots are when convergences happen).

This makes sense to me (especially as a firm believer in alternate timelines or periodically converging lifelines); it feels as though with each person there are windows of time or doorways in which death is more likely. There is certainly a distinct pattern to all of it.
Sometimes these openings/convergences can be felt in the air.
The thing about biorhythms is very interesting!
Old 17-05-2016, 09:42 PM
Administrator
Death is nothing to be scared of its just another path we must all take,as a medium i speak to spirit i have helped some cross over,i used to be a carer i could tell when someone was about to pass over,sometimes before they did.my own mother suffered from renal failure she had a transplant she lived fot about 10 years before it started failing,she had to go back on dialasis which she hated she was in pain,the doctors told my dad they were going to try something else on my mother he agreed to it and she picked up.they were even talking about her coming home.i went to see her with my dad i knew she was loosing the fight ,her pain just vanished she said she saw my brother in the room,i knew because i saw him myself.i just told her to stop fighting and to let go.she died 2 hours later,
my uncle was a medic in world was 2 he saved a princes life by giving him aid he was called to the king and was handed a cross for saving his sons life he knew when ppl were about to die.he spoke of many times of how he tended to the dying most of them told him to give a message to their loved ones back home.my other uncle was a seargant in the welch fusilears he often wrote to my grandmother saying what the dying were saying,as the war ended he himself was killed like he told my grandmother that he wouldnt be coming home.a sniper killed him he is buried in burma.
i have seeen the energy around the person before passing it gives them comfort to know that they are never alone.

Namaste
Old 17-05-2016, 09:44 PM
Pathfinder

Starman, thanks for sharing the personal story.

Know what you mean about pre-death awareness.

For me, the Pre-death awareness has been a double-edged sword...I never knew about these types of events, my whole box of beliefs was blown up and the reality of my world, dramatically shifted.

Also, thank you for your service and kindness to others in such hard situations.

Last edited by shoresh : 17-05-2016 at 11:01 PM.
Old 17-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder

The book from Bonnie McEneaney helped me process this pre-death knowing. Here is a search term you can use to find her interview on Wisdom from North

Bonnie McEneaney- Signs and Premonitions from Loved Ones Lost on 9/11
Old 18-05-2016, 06:42 AM
Master
Thank you to all of you who posted here, for your kind words, insights, and a heartfelt discussion. Life is not what I do rather life is what I am, and I feel that the relationship we have with life is the most intimate relationship which we could ever have. When I can no longer inhabit my physical body the life that I am will leave and go elsewhere; celebrate life, celebrate yourself, and don’t worry about the transition we call "death."
Old 18-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
I have seen hundreds of people die; as a U.S. Army combat medic during the Vietnam War, later as an ambulance EMT, and then as a civilian working in the medical field.

I have noticed that a lot of people do know when they are going to die. I experienced this in Vietnam during the war; a lot of soldiers knew the date and time, and the method of their death. They would give me letters to send to their loved ones. Often they told me about an angel, or person glowing with radiant light, who appeared to them, sometimes in their dreams and at other times in their tent while they were wide awake.

That person told them that it was their time, or their time was close at hand, to cross over, and for them it was often like a life changing experience. Working with people in a hospital or hospice who were dying; often I saw that they had accepted their immanent death but their loved one had not accepted their death, which interfered with that person crossing over.

Most people who have worked with terminally ill people can attest to within 24 to 48 hours before a person dies a tremendous amount of energy surrounds them. That person could be in a coma for weeks but just before they die there is a lot of activity in their eyes and a lot of energy around them. Loved ones usually think that this is a sign of recovery for their loved one but frequently that person dies shortly after that increase in energy.

I have come to view it as a ground crew from beyond that has cone to help that person with their lift-off. I believe that this occurs not only with the terminally ill, but also in sudden death, a car crash, plane crash, heart attack, etc. But in sudden death it happens so quickly that the increase in energy may not be observable. For me death is the same for everyone but the method of dying is different; some die by their own hand, suicide, some linger over a period time, some die suddenly, like a soldier in combat, etc., but death does the same thing to all of them. Notwithstanding how our method of death, whether its’ a suicide, etc., may, or may not, effect our afterlife.

Interesting thoughts, Starman. Thanks for sharing.
Old 19-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Administrator
Hello

As a Medium I get many come to me and go "I was on my way to say goodbye and they passed before I got there, I never got to say goodbye". It is not a nice thing to see someone take that last breath in and pass. Its not always an event that is like in the movies where you just tip the head and are gone. At times that last breath in is a huge struggle and no one wants a loved one to see and experience that. Or Dr's rush in and try and save them with you standing there watching. That again is not a nice thing to see and experience.

Many times the loved one chooses to go without you there so that they can go without your energy trying to keep them living. The message I get is that its a blessing to be able to go free wand with ease and not have the dying event as the loved one's last memory.

I remember my Dad saying that we are given a time to go, when that time is up we go. He sent us home from the ER when he was ready to pass. The Dr. admitted to me that he was gone for a long time before they called the final time, but as he was younger and it was a first event heart attack they had to try everything. Looking back he said to us to go home he would see us in the AM, but I know now he was going to leave.

At times we have that last burst of up swing that gives family false hopes, and I have come to find that it might be that "time" thing my Dad talked about that your not there yet to when that place is ready for you to go to. That things are not lined up with those waiting for you.

I do feel that we come in with a soul contract that holds our death event in it and at times we are able to open that to see when and how. I know how I will die, and the age I will die at. I have asthma and when I get a cold it goes right to my chest, so I will go from the common cold.

I have a story top share, a friend was in a car crash that should have taken his life, how he walked away without a scratch is a mystery. The car was totaled totally, yet he walked from it. He struggled with nightmares right after the crash with the same message "your time was up". He said he felt that he should be gone that in some ways he did die. Two weeks to the day he did die, he was hit by a car and died on the spot. His time the was up, the time line of his death was out he said to me in Spirit is all. He went in total peace, he would say after the accident that he should not be here, like literally should be dead.

Too many times we are ready to go and we do not go, or we start that process and something or someone pulls us back, this happens with NDE events. Many say they go to the Light and that Tunnel and peace and were told to go back and so want to find that Light. They never settle into the idea of living on.

In events like war I know from working with those from WWI in care that they went to serve their country never thinking "I might die" it was duty, and that was that. Death was a shock to them and to see friends die was horrific. Yet they sucked it up and many never talked on it. As times changed and and the media got better we saw the true picture of war, it was death.

I have worked with the modern soldier that is not going to "war" in the sense that the two big one's were where it was into the unknown, but still the idea of death is not in their minds. They are going to "police" the area but still some sadly die. It is in this that both them and family at times do not understand why they died. They were going in a peace mission, not to war. Many times its how we are raised or how we feel about death that defines our death process.

How much bucket list items we leave behind or how much duty we feel we owe someone. We only ow our self anything in life, and we need to learn to live more in the moment so that when our time comes we move easily on.

Lynn