Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-10-2017, 11:51 PM
Master
Judge not lest ye be judged - Is this possible on continuous basis?

Lately, I've been experimenting with "Judge not lest ye be judged" and wonder whether any Christians (or anyone else for that matter) have tried a day with absolutely no judgments whatsoever of good versus bad.

This, of course, does not preclude action as non-judgment does not suggest non-action.

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on whether even a single day can transpire with judging .....albeit acting when the spirit moves one to action.
Old 17-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters

first we need to understand what Jehovah God and Jesus meant by "judging." a true Christian, isn't to judge as to say one is better than another. because we ALL are imperfect humans, born through sin. but we can judge in the sense of comparing. so that we may NOT find ourselves following in the footsteps of man. for example, we know MANY even some who calls themselves a "Christian", has sex out of marriage. that's a major sin in Jehovah God and Jesus eyes. so we judge them NOT by saying, they're going to "hell" as MANY so-call Christians are quick to say. but by saying to ourselves, i have to make sure i don't find myself committing that sin. this is judging, and it's ok, because it can save our lives.

also here's a scripture that shows it's ok to judge ,(1Cor. 5:11,12 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning).

again, as i said earlier, MANY Christians live a life of immorality. even in the congregations we associated ourselves with. if we KNOW of a spiritual sibling who's committing such acts and refuse to change, they are to be disfellowship. because they will cause Jehovah's house to be unclean,(spiritually). and we as obedient servants of the most high and followers of Jesus. has to stay away from them though it might be hard. this is judging, until they decides to obey Jehovah and come back right.

and for those who believe this shouldn't happen, take it up with Jehovah God ,(Num. 19:20 But the man who shall be unclean, and shall not purify himself, that soul shall be cut off from the middle of the assembly, because he has defiled the sanctuary of Yahweh. The water for impurity has not been sprinkled on him. He is unclean). see also (2Thess. 3:6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks in rebellion, and not after the tradition which they received from us).
Old 17-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
first we need to understand what Jehovah God and Jesus meant by "judging." a true Christian, isn't to judge as to say one is better than another. because we ALL are imperfect humans, born through sin. but we can judge in the sense of comparing. so that we may NOT find ourselves following in the footsteps of man. for exakmple, we know MANY even some who calls themselves a "Christian", has sex out of marriage. that's a major sin in Jehovah God and Jesus eyes. so we judge them NOT by saying, they're going to "hell" as MANY so-call Christians are quick to say. but by saying to ourselves, i have to make sure i don't find myself committing that sin. this is judging, and it's ok, because it can save our lives.

also here's a scripture that shows it's ok to judge ,(1Cor. 5:11,12 I meant that you are not to associate with anyone who claims to be a believer yet indulges in sexual sin, or is greedy, or worships idols, or is abusive, or is a drunkard, or cheats people. Don’t even eat with such people. It isn’t my responsibility to judge outsiders, but it certainly is your responsibility to judge those inside the church who are sinning).

again, as i said earlier, MANY Christians live a life of immorality. even in the congregations we associated ourselves with. if we KNOW of a spiritual sibling who's committing such acts and refuse to change, they are to be disfellowship. because they will cause Jehovah's house to be unclean,(spiritually). and we as obedient servants of the most high and followers of Jesus. has to stay away from them though it might be hard. this is judging, until they decides to obey Jehovah and come back right.

and for those who believe this shouldn't happen, take it up with Jehovah God ,(Num. 19:20 But the man who shall be unclean, and shall not purify himself, that soul shall be cut off from the middle of the assembly, because he has defiled the sanctuary of Yahweh. The water for impurity has not been sprinkled on him. He is unclean). see also (2Thess. 3:6 Now we command you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you withdraw yourselves from every brother who walks in rebellion, and not after the tradition which they received from us).

I was NOT born through sin, neither were any of my Children and extended Family, we were all born through LOVE....
Old 24-10-2017, 12:39 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I was NOT born through sin, neither were any of my Children and extended Family, we were all born through LOVE....
so was i as well as many ,but i was referring to the sin of disobedience. in which the first couple had committed. Adam who was once a perfect human ,sinned when he ate that fruit. this sin brought on imperfections to all humans. (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). therefore we are automatically sinners, because we were born through sin.
Old 24-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
so was i as well as many ,but i was referring to the sin of disobedience. in which the first couple had committed. Adam who was once a perfect human ,sinned when he ate that fruit. this sin brought on imperfections to all humans. (Rom.5:12 -Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned). therefore we are automatically sinners, because we were born through sin.

I am not automatically a sinner, Adam and Eve are just metaphors, not real people, gosh I realized this as a child
You might think your a sinner but you cannot label everyone as....
Old 25-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I am not automatically a sinner, Adam and Eve are just metaphors, not real people, gosh I realized this as a child
You might think your a sinner but you cannot label everyone as....

ok... you're not a sinner, which means you were born through perfection. but the first couple were very real! and i KNOW... out of being humble and accepting Jehovah God's words...ALL of them. that i automatically came through sin. you must not believe in God or his words. because i just post the scripture which showed how we ALL... became a sinner. so don't say that I'm "labeling everyone" ,these are Jehovah God's words, not mine. and he knows us better than we think!... we know ourselves.
Old 20-10-2017, 01:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Lately, I've been experimenting with "Judge not lest ye be judged" and wonder whether any Christians (or anyone else for that matter) have tried a day with absolutely no judgments whatsoever of good versus bad.

This, of course, does not preclude action as non-judgment does not suggest non-action.

I'd be curious to hear thoughts on whether even a single day can transpire with judging .....albeit acting when the spirit moves one to action.

Still_Waters - Not sure if it's humanly possible to operating from a non-judging perspective 100% of the time. To err is to be human, but we can make effort every day to try to set judgment aside.

It's the prime reason that my life was able to move forward out of a stagnant state of protecting myself from being hurt from the so called abusers and haters (gosh I hate that term). Anyway, I approached those who judged me harshly with non-judgment. I let go of years of pushing individuals away because they treated me poorly all the while not really knowing me.

So yes, even a single day being consciously aware to just not judge at all, can give one a rude awakening. That's when one realizes, "Hey, I'd like it if others treated me the same." And so as individuals experiencing this, there is more and more acceptance of others and in return it comes back into our hemisphere. It feels good when other don't wrap us up into neat little boxes using their own screwed judgment.

It liberating for sure. I let people back into my life that I pushed out for years. It impacts other people beside just myself so for me I feel it is an unselfish act. Seems to come with the aging process, maturity and gaining wisdom.
Old 24-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Master

so much of it is unconscious and happens automatically... even if you fix the 'thoughts' there is so much more going on in terms of physical reaction. I feel like you could easily spend a lifetime on this one simple thing: learning not to judge. Because unfortunately that isn't the only pressing problem... for example I could fight with my desire to judge which leads to a whole other host of problems because now I'm into fighting instead of judging. Likewise with the much venerated 'letting go' of the problem. Things aren't as pretty as they seem in that land either, as it turns out. And there is other stuff that seems worthy of doing but really isn't.

Personally, if I wasn't so sensitive I might be able to convince myself that if I didn't see it happening I wasn't doing it any more... but I'm unfortunately way too sensitive to even be able to deny that I see what I see.
Old 24-10-2017, 03:04 PM
Pathfinder

wow Still_Waters I had this convo not an hour ago!

Was speaking with a family member this weekend, one who failed to visit an ailing, now dead, mother in law in four years except for bdays and Xmas (an hour and half drive. Really? Couldn't be bothered while yet you were drawing thousands of dollars a month from her?) ANYHOO was listening to this person brag how she didn't need to meditate because she had now internalized love and light within her (!)

WOW how amazingly ignorant of her own selfishness, was my thought, with a few choice adjectives, as I judged her.

Then I took another step back. Why was I judging her? Doesn't that make me as dark as she is, in that moment to start saying "Hey I'm so much better than she is, because I showed up and took care of said relative?" Resentment is a pretty low energy vibe, after all

Better I guess just to step back one step AGAIN and try to feel compassion for her, doing the best she can, and compassion for myself, struggling with emotional exhaustion & resentment post death, post hospice.

Sooo hard not to judge!
Old 24-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Guide

Quote:

Not possible from ego-conditioned mind ...... but a FACT from Divine Mind , this is the meaning and purpose of the Holy Spirit , it is the TRUE MIND created at the same instant we collectively mis-created an ego identity. IT IS THE WAY OUT! Trying to not-judge will fail ....... but has its use too ...... in seeing the futility of all other ways! Jesus Promised to send the HOLY SPIRIT , and what He meant holds true in all times .......
Christianity as religion is a utter failure ....... except for the rare Mystical groups ...... Mystic is merely Holy Spirit Awareness, it may come with seeing beyond the Veil of Illusions(Worldliness and Attachment)
As i was reading the Nag Hammadhi Library ( teachings of Jesus AFTER His ego died and His True Self was Resurected) ...... i made a Conscious CHOICE to make DIRECT DIVINE COMMUNION ...... Conscious to Super-Conscious MERGING. At the end of 3 years daily and non-stop deliberate Silent Practice , i was put to the Test and every Betrayal surfaced in a single hour as if NOW ....... first the ones i had received and then the ones i had cast out to others ........... my Heart was about to implode ...... i suddenly spontaniously FORGAVE ALL ....... and then the next INSTANT was FILLED with PEACE beyond description. I Awoke the following morning with No Ego Present at all! I was perplexed in a way but did not care ....... It was a PURE JOYFUL STATE without a single Judgment! It lasted a month ...... and then a remnant of ego returned as my Soul Work was not yet RIPE ........ 5 years later EGO was flushed out again and for 9 months! (hmmmmm...... like a gestation period you could say) It takes over a decade to STABILIZE the Profound Awareness of your True Self ......... once re-born there is no way to undo it. You just have to Ride out whatever follows ~