Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2018, 11:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Yes, I have noted this. The US economy is doing extremely well under Donald Trump. This is a fact that nobody can deny. Its also hard to ignore all the firings, resignations, investigations, leaks and seeming backstabbing going on in Trump's administration. His house is looking very very shaky.

I'm South African and our president actually reminds me a lot of Donald Trump, they share many unsavoury characteristics. The only difference here is that he is not commanding the biggest army on the planet and he does not periodically threaten to blow the world to smithereens just over a war of words with another unstable, powerful leader (Kim).

I tend to agree with the poster who mentioned a kind of cognitive dissonance when it comes to supporting a leader like Trump. What you're saying here is that you don't really care what else he is doing as long as you are materially satisfied.

I still pray for Donald Trump and the people of the US.

Personally I don't pray but I have a general goodwill toward everything, though my sense of humanity makes symbolic structures such as countries seem menial in principle. When it comes to the economy we generally find terms like 'tax cuts' are aligned with cuts to social welfare spending. The illusion of being 'better off' because more people work is also quite a misnomer, as the modern labour market is precarious, and people have to work more than one job to make ends meet. Often employment figures are manipulated and don't actually represent prosperity, and in the neo-liberal world, we have a growing number of workers who live in relative poverty.

It is also true the current movement forms an illusion of 'more money in the pocket' due to lower taxes, but where cuts are made to essential services such as health, education and so on, people have to fork out that difference. If you add it up, it is not more money in pocket. This favours the richer who can afford it and disadvantages the poorer who can not, and in turn, this impedes upward social mobility for those born under lower economic status.

The problem with the populace is they don't look at big pictures. They are busy being outraged at tweets, and on the other hand, they are are blind to the way in which the big end of town are benefited while the most impoverished and vulnerable of people are 'paying the price'. The same thing is happening here in Australia, in England, and this has been the direction since Thatcher and Reagan back in the 80's. We have seen many economic ups and downs in that time, and it's basically delusional to think it's due to who becomes president or prime minister. It is just a policy direction which favours rich people and does not in any way favour the working classes.

For example, unemployment rates in the States have been consistently falling since 2010, (which were the Obama years) and continue to fall since Trump. It's nothing to do with Trump, you see. The trend is basically world wide, particularly in countries strongly affected by the GFC. The same is true of GDP.
Old 09-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
But of course, people who believe this actually love this stuff, it speaks to them, and believe anything contrary to the facts is "fake news".

BT

You can't trust conspiracy theorists any more than you can trust the official mainstream narratives. Both sides are just as gullible as the other. The truth is that no one really knows what's going on except for those who need to know. Focusing on your given narratives is what keeps the secrets hidden, and that's probably for the best. It's better to focus on our own self-improvement instead and out of that making our own little contribition to the health of the world, that's all we can do.
Old 09-01-2018, 03:05 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
Yes, I have noted this. The US economy is doing extremely well under Donald Trump. This is a fact that nobody can deny. Its also hard to ignore all the firings, resignations, investigations, leaks and seeming backstabbing going on in Trump's administration. His house is looking very very shaky.

I'm South African and our president actually reminds me a lot of Donald Trump, they share many unsavoury characteristics. The only difference here is that he is not commanding the biggest army on the planet and he does not periodically threaten to blow the world to smithereens just over a war of words with another unstable, powerful leader (Kim).

I tend to agree with the poster who mentioned a kind of cognitive dissonance when it comes to supporting a leader like Trump. What you're saying here is that you don't really care what else he is doing as long as you are materially satisfied.

I still pray for Donald Trump and the people of the US.

what your saying is you would rather people eat dirt than have a president whom is transparent.

go eat dirt and watch your kids starve and then tell me gossip is more important.

the fact is the media is at war with the american people and its chosen president and has been for a long time. your reading fiction and not reality. you have to go much deeper these days unfortunately.

i have read every tweet. paid attention to what is going on. travel through 48 states on a daily basis. meet and mix with all cultures that live here.

reality and fiction are two different things. you are judging people and our leader based on gossip. see the difference between reality and tales of fiction.

when 91% of media is negative coverage you can rest assured there is a war going on. you cant have historic landmarks for the people and have 91% negative coverage. you have to learn to discern and see where the motives lie. you have to be willing to thoroughly investigate rather than memorize headlines and tales of gossip. before you see things as they actually are.

i had an advantage. i spet hours a day listening to both sides. i saw the campaign trail. then i would read about what i personally watched. reality hasn't been written from day 1. if all i did was read gossip without discernment, my own research, and witnessing it myself, i to would think trump is a problem. but i instead did do those things. thus far i couldn't be happier with him.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 09-01-2018, 03:15 PM
Deactivated Account
copied from page 1 or 2. . reality versus fiction explained.

thus far and things can change. first in my life time a major prayer has happend. somebody whom has a heart and a brain in the office.

its hard to even begin to describe the presence he must be surrounded by already to be able to not let what appears to be an all out war upon him. from the media. from the deep state. from the republicans. from the democrats. and all the while the most transparent, unafraid of being himself. i have witnessed thus far. if anyones prayers or yours helps. more the better.

whats not reported is where the confusion lies. my mother whom is handicapped, my sister and her two kids. live in an area that went from peaceful to a sorta war zone. why? you wouldn't know because its not reported. illegal aliens coming over the border representing a gang commonly referred to as ms-13.

we went from a few killings a year in a town of about a hundred thousand. to three a month. commonly stabbed in the stomach to there death. they have been irridicated. things are back to normal. by the local police. these are not make believe things. these things happen. they just dont get reported beyond the local papers.

i dont hate the ignorant. nor do i hate the press. but i will say protecting people like my family is NOT a form of racism. its what a president is suppose to do. he or she works for its people. to protect is one of the things.

my prayer has already been answered. i have nothing more to ask for along these lines. if he does something i have a problem with. something serious. i will pray. i will wait tell that time. dont want to jinx it. but y'all go ahead.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 09-01-2018, 03:29 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Personally I don't pray but I have a general goodwill toward everything, though my sense of humanity makes symbolic structures such as countries seem menial in principle. When it comes to the economy we generally find terms like 'tax cuts' are aligned with cuts to social welfare spending. The illusion of being 'better off' because more people work is also quite a misnomer, as the modern labour market is precarious, and people have to work more than one job to make ends meet. Often employment figures are manipulated and don't actually represent prosperity, and in the neo-liberal world, we have a growing number of workers who live in relative poverty.

It is also true the current movement forms an illusion of 'more money in the pocket' due to lower taxes, but where cuts are made to essential services such as health, education and so on, people have to fork out that difference. If you add it up, it is not more money in pocket. This favours the richer who can afford it and disadvantages the poorer who can not, and in turn, this impedes upward social mobility for those born under lower economic status.

The problem with the populace is they don't look at big pictures. They are busy being outraged at tweets, and on the other hand, they are are blind to the way in which the big end of town are benefited while the most impoverished and vulnerable of people are 'paying the price'. The same thing is happening here in Australia, in England, and this has been the direction since Thatcher and Reagan back in the 80's. We have seen many economic ups and downs in that time, and it's basically delusional to think it's due to who becomes president or prime minister. It is just a policy direction which favours rich people and does not in any way favour the working classes.

For example, unemployment rates in the States have been consistently falling since 2010, (which were the Obama years) and continue to fall since Trump. It's nothing to do with Trump, you see. The trend is basically world wide, particularly in countries strongly affected by the GFC. The same is true of GDP.

that is nonsense. we were at historic lows for the economy for eight years. it has everything to do with having a new administration. the proof in the pudding is in the gdp numhers and enthusiasm from business owners. they know cause it is their business 1.6 gdp just before trump. approaching 4% now. business enthusiasm went from zilch to all time highs.

it was a horrible time to have a business. what you got to understand is when your leaders dont believe in business it reflects in their policys. when you handcuff somebody its very hard to do the same work. most of this was done through regulation, and taxes. when you let somebody work and get out of their way they prosper. here are the facts. gdp up and unemployment down. both.

lowest unemployment in 17 years.

lowest unemploymemt for african americans since they have been keeping track of unemployment.

2 million less people on food stamps.

enthusiasm is at near record levels for business.

on our way to energy independemce.

3% plus growth and maybe darn near 4% for the fourth quarter. already!!! everybody said was impossible. low unemployment rate and growth. you have to have both. previous President blew 10 trillion dollars and couldn't buy a job for the ordinary folks. LOW growth. people gave up and left the workforce. kept the economy at record low levels for any president and somehow 95% plus of the money that he blew went to the top 1%. not sure somebody could do that if they were trying. maybe he was. i like to think he was a decent person but deprived of basic understanding of business.

a common overlooked fact. there is no goverment without business. only through successful business is their jobs and taxes to collect. we live in a world economy. things are different now. you cant just stick it to the businesses and be ok. they will be gone in a new york second. either oversees or out of business. competition is international. today if you stick it to them you are essentially digging your own grave. the days of 90%, 70%, and even 35% taxes to successful businesses owners and corporations and getting away with it is ancient history. the world has changed. and nobody can bring it back.

Wherever I May Roam
Old 09-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Administrator
Public Figures: We have found people naming and discussing public figures/famous

Political Debate: While we appreciate there is an awful lot going on around the world today please refrain from political debate.

Thread closed for the following reason.

SF Admin