Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 06-08-2017, 07:20 AM
Newbie ;)

After 30+ years of being vegetarian

....and having failed many, many times trying to become vegan, I am happy to declare that I have hit a milestone - and managed my first full week eating vegan!! Yay!! I've always faltered in the past after 3 or 4 days because I would just feel like crud - total nasty detox reaction every time - but not this time! I've eaten a total plant-based diet for the last week and felt fantastic!

Not only that but the day I decided to convert once and for all, my three children all independently decided to turn vegetarian. So proud of them!

How long did the process go for the vegans here to convert from vegetarian to vegan?
Old 09-08-2017, 02:28 PM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Hey there! Congratulations on your milestone!

I have been a whole foods vegan for twenty-one years. I first went semi-vegetarian back in 1992: I ate fish, poultry and dairy, but no beef and pork. In the spring of 1994, I gave up poultry. That summer, I gave up anything refined: white sugar, white flour, etc. At the beginning of 1996, I actually gave up dairy before giving up fish. I gave up fish at the start of the summer of '96.

I have a strong will and I probably could have given it all up at once --or maybe not, since I went about it the way I did. I was one heck of a cheese connoisseur and was a shellfish-loving fiend so, I suppose, that is why those were the last things to go.

I wish you continued success and joy along your veggie way!

Last edited by SierraNevadaStar : 09-08-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 04:59 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraNevadaStar
Hey there! Congratulations on your milestone!

I have been a whole foods vegan for twenty-one years. I first went semi-vegetarian back in 1992: I ate fish, poultry and dairy, but no beef and pork. In the spring of 1994, I gave up poultry. That summer, I gave up anything refined: white sugar, white flour, etc. At the beginning of 1996, I actually gave up dairy before giving up fish. I gave up fish at the start of the summer of '96.

I have a strong will and I probably could have given it all up at once --or maybe not, since I went about it the way I did. I was one heck of a cheese connoisseur and was a shellfish-loving fiend so, I suppose, that is why those were the last things to go.

I wish you continued success and joy along your veggie way!

Thanks, SierraNevadaStar! I'm still going strong and have lost nearly 7 pounds in the past two weeks which is a welcome thing - I guess I'd describe myself as having been a 'fat vegetarian' before. Hoping this lifestyle change will help reverse that!
Old 13-08-2017, 11:41 AM
Knower
Location: I'm a homesick Californian from Lake Tahoe/Truckee, living in England.
Congratulations on those lost 7 pounds!

A vegan lifestyle should reverse all that, *Red-Bird*! Once the dairy was out of my life, I lost 20 pounds 'just like that'! I called it my 'cheese weight' since I was hooked on it, ate too much of it but was never satisfied. Your body and metabolism really rev up on a vegan diet. With all the fiber in such a diet and increase of water intake via all that produce, your body rids itself of toxins faster too. All that makes for a slimmer, more efficient body. :-) Just make sure, as a vegan, you're getting all the nutrients your body needs. Vegans have to be more cautious of getting enough B-12, vitamin D, calcium, iodine, iron, zinc and protein in particular.

Keep going! (Woohoo!)
Old 13-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Pathfinder

I remember when I gave up dairy I had awful flu like detox symptoms for 3 weeks, it's kinda gross what it must of been doing to my body. well done on converting! I recommend buying vegan cook books to make the conversion easier (if you haven't already that is)
Old 04-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Suspended

WOW, are you sure 30 years straight without single trace of dairy product?