Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 25-01-2017, 06:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdojo
Decide on a day, write it down, and then mentally prepare yourself to start when that day arrives. Also, the best way which I have found to stick with it is to exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY. This means it becomes a part of your routine, keeps up your momentum and also your motivation. If you take rest days then this slows momentum and you're more likely to get lazy and skip your workouts.
Bingo!

I'm lazy. I admit it.

I should be doing my physio exercises every day because the mantra is "If you don't use it, you lose it" which is pretty much followed by "no pain, no gain".

Exercise just seemed too 'strenuous' for me when even walking to my letter box and back is 'strenuous' enough! lol

I'm thinking of starting with low-impact stuff like Tai Chi and Yoga, but only basic stuff and only for half an hour a day...this is in addition to doing my physio exercises at home.

Even if you do it for 6/7 days a week, you can 'reward yourself' by taking one day off - the same day each week, where you can sit on your behind all day if you want to, as long as you are prepared to get up the very next day, and stick to your 6/7 routine.

Besides having 'one day off' as a motivational reward, you can pay yourself for doing exercise and treat yourself after a time...like pay yourself $5 an hour and put it in a tin, then at the end of the month, you'll have like $120 to spend on something nice for yourself.

Listen to music that uplifts and inspires you whilst exercising and exercise with other people if you can. Just being with others doing the same thing can be motivational within itself.

All this I figured out and I am trying to do it, so all the best to both of us.
Old 27-01-2017, 04:10 AM
Guide

I just bought an exercise bike off the Walmart website. Should be delivered within a week. I love walking but after an intense hike this summer, where I could barely keep up with my friend, I realized I need to do some actual cardio. :/
Old 27-01-2017, 04:28 AM
Guide

I just started back a few weeks ago, but I've had some really solid workouts.

I used to worry about using the scale to measure my weight, but since I stopped doing that and focused on being healthy, it is much easier to get to the gym.

Bottom line, for me at least, was to not think about getting results, and instead I focused on the good feeling I got after workouts, and the knowledge that my health is more important then my weight. Ironically, I know i've lost a good amount of weight thus far. Don't weigh yourself. It can make you feel crummy
Old 16-04-2017, 10:44 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
Exercise. I need to do it, but I don't want to. What are some ways you've helped motivate yourself to START? What are some ways you've motivated yourself to stick with it?

What kind of active sports or workouts have you tried before? What is your current level of fitness, flexibility, mobility, and diet like? Addressing your current state might be a good way of creating awareness on what can be improved. This way you can play and experiment with the body, instead of trying to mentally motivate or push yourself to move.
Old 12-05-2017, 06:33 PM
Suspended
Look at yourself in the mirror and realize that no one will like you (for real) until you appear more 'presentable'.

That's what works with me at least.
Old 25-05-2017, 06:28 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsoul
Dancing is the greatest non-exercise exercise in my opinion (and many agree who have discussed this with me).

You move, you dance to the music, interact with partner, get very sweaty at the all night big parties and yet it never feels boring or like exercise!

I dance salsa, but lindy hop, swing, tango or whatever will likely have similar results!
The good news for men is that on average they burn 3 times more calories when dancing than woman.
No one knows why that is. I think it is because the male is supposed to take the lead and thus has to exercise more control. He is also heavier and so more energy is required to move.
Old 25-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascophore
Look at yourself in the mirror and realize that no one will like you (for real) until you appear more 'presentable'.

That's what works with me at least.

That is quite a shallow way to look at it? there is a thing called unconditional love..
Old 26-05-2017, 04:01 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by figaromelting
That is quite a shallow way to look at it? there is a thing called unconditional love..
Arrrgh! These unconditional love responses are getting too much.

Loving something or someone does not mean one has to put up with short-comings and one cannot improve.

What is wrong with this world when terrorists', mass murderers' and drug peddlers' actions are excused with 'unconditional love'

You want unconditional love from me then you do your best to be lovable. That is toady's koan for you.
Old 28-05-2017, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormNexus
Exercise. I need to do it, but I don't want to. What are some ways you've helped motivate yourself to START? What are some ways you've motivated yourself to stick with it?

StoremNexus - I don't particularly like exercising myself, but there is a saying I keep in the forefront of my mind that keeps me going. It is this: "If you think exercising isn't doing anything for you, just stop and see what happens." It motivates me because I don't exercise to get into shape; I exercise to maintain good health such as cardiovascular, bone density, muscle strength and flexibility.
Old 27-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Master
i try 2 us wi bord exsis i do coz thy seam fun

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔