Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Closed Thread

Old 24-05-2007, 02:45 AM
cosmic

Clairvoyance and Mediumship - are they different??

By the way, when I say 'clairvoyance' I'm referring to general psychic ability, which I know for some people includes clairaudience, clairsentience etc..

As I understand it, mediums can communicate with/channel people who have passed over, right? So presumably they also communicate with spirit guides etc.

And people who are psychic, as in foretelling the future kind of stuff, they talk to guides too.. but not dead people?

The reason I ask is that I have seen a medium do a group reading thing where she spoke with spirits who came through with messages. She was amazing! But when I saw her for a private reading, she was fairly ordinary to be honest. She did see my baby girl (I was only 7 weeks pregnant at the time) so that was cool. But all her other messages were way off, and she seemed to struggle to get anything - so as a result I got a lot of her personal opinions about things.

Can anyone clarify the difference for me? Thank you!!
Old 24-05-2007, 05:20 AM
merlin

[b]clair
Old 24-05-2007, 06:18 AM
plexus1

Talking

i would have said they was pretty must the same thing. clairvoyant is more the old way of saying it., the technical description. medium is a more excepted word and easy to fall of the tounge. saying meduim is a softer approch, saying clairvoyant to me sound a little posh! i have been a meduim (still learning may i add) for a few years, and i have not had anyone use the word clairvoyant before with me or any of my friends, we just say we are meduims. may be age has an issuse with it? im 32 so i guess i tend to use words that are easier, laszy speach as my nan would say! but even she called them meduims in her day.
christine.xx
Old 24-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Divine Energy

The language of spirit

Hello Cosmic,

All mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums.

Mediums can communicate with spirit using any or all of the 'clairs'
Clairvoyance - clear sight/second vision
clairaudience - clear hearing
clairsentience - clear sensing/touch

Inspirational speaking/writing - where the medium is inspired by a spirit world innhabitant to talk/write on a subject.

In short: a psychic blends with the minds of people, places and/or objects on the physical plane. A medium forms links and can convey messages from spirit messengers.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PSYCHIC AND A MEDIUM?

A psychic reads from your aura, or mind & will often give you an outline of where you've come from (recent past, unresolved emotional issues, etc) where your at now with your life, & look into the future so to speak with a summary of possible outcomes.
It's always worth remembering though, that we all have free will & that nothing is written in stone, it usually requires some kind of effort from us to achieve these positive predicted outcomes.

The type of questions a psychic is usually asked include:
When will I meet Mr or Mrs right? Is this change of job right for me, or about finances & a whole host of others. A psychic will also be able to give you valuable insight into your personality, character and what makes you tick, so to speak. They are quite often referred to as 'Clairvoyants,' which simply means; clear sight.

A Medium on the other hand will link in with your loved ones on the higher planes ( astral plane, spirit world )
They will identify the communicator, often give details of their last earthly movements, including how they crossed, their personality traits etc. A good reading will offer survival evidence to help you realise that they live on, all be it on a different plane of existence.

*I also feel that it's important to add, that it's not our job to prove anything to anybody, only to offer evidence of survival. It's up to the individual to examine the evidence and draw their own conclusions.*
If you are a faithful reporter for spirit whilst doing your readings (within the code of conduct), then feel proud that you have done your job. It can be a draining and pointless exercise to go head to head with a non believer. I know I've done it.
I hope this helps,

Danny
Old 24-05-2007, 06:59 AM
OceanWaves19161

Hey Cosmic,

I came across your problem once and since becomming a medium myself have learnt why it sometimes occurs. Sometimes mediums find it harder to connect with certain peoples energy...Theres some people I really struggle to read and others that I find super easy. It seems to depends alot on whether your on the same "wavelength" from what I've noticed. Also how well my readings go seems to depend on whether I've meditated recently and how well I'm feeling...like if i'm emotionally drained or tired I give really ****** ones. Something like that may have happened with the lady you saw.

Alana
Old 24-05-2007, 09:17 AM
cosmic

Thanks everyone for those explanations. I think that clarifies what I thought to be the difference, in particular this:
Quote:
All mediums are psychic, but not all psychics are mediums.
which is probably I was a bit confused when I got a not-so-good reading from such a good 'medium'.

Maybe she just didn't gel with me. She read for my friend right before me and gave her heaps more info than she gave me.. and while she was off on a few things, she turned out to be quite a bit more accurate for her than for me. So maybe my friend drained all the good stuff from her that day!!
Old 24-05-2007, 09:47 PM
merlin

Hers another question for you,
How can a meduim be great one visit...very particular and super accurate.....so your open to her next reading and up about the whole thing. You see her years later after finding her again.
And the reading is bland, boring, irrelevant, YAAAAAWN?
(Its not you its me?)
Old 25-05-2007, 01:04 AM
Deactivated Account
all mediums are HUMAN first and do have off days just like the rest of us, now another thing to consider is did you need the second reading, to some it can become something to do when there's nothing on the tv lol and can become addictive, another thing is that if she had brought through the same or similar evidence as before would you have thought she'd remembered your last reading rather than giving you a 'new' one.
a medium can only give what they recieve unfortunately sometimes this may be nothing, hope this helps xx
Old 25-05-2007, 01:51 AM
merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
HTML Code:
all mediums are HUMAN first and do have off days just like the rest of us
Agreed. That's what I put it down too.

HTML Code:
now another thing to consider is did you need the second reading, to some it can become something to do when there's nothing on the tv lol and can become addictive,

yes..I thought so. I only will go at least 6 months apart IF i feel the need to.
This was YEARS apart.
I liked her style. She gelled with me..her personality was instantly brilliant with me....her whole style...

HTML Code:
another thing is that if she had brought through the same or similar evidence as before would you have thought she'd remembered your last reading rather than giving you a 'new' one.
You know it wasnt even the predictions I'm talking about. She said alot of small confirmation type things which were so funny to me which I really enjoyed. Silly things like a signature change (I did) and a ****y microwave I had....the whole way she delivered the reading..she was definitely the medium relaying what she was hearing..her own internal dialogue which she didnt do the last time. It seemed more her 'feeling'.

HTML Code:
a medium can only give what they recieve unfortunately sometimes this may be nothing, hope this helps xx

Yes I can appreciate that.
I sometimes wonder though whether it can be a case of the 'Good Lord giveth and the Good Lord taketh away".
This lady has more than doubled her fee due to her popularity...is there a consequence perhaps if motives change???
Thanks daisy,
Lx

Last edited by merlin : 25-05-2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old 25-05-2007, 02:29 AM
cosmic

Daisy, I totally know what you're saying about mediums being human, and I have to admit I probably have quite high expectations since I've had some amazingly accurate readings so I tend to be quite disappointed with the 'average' ones.

But this leads me to another question (and perhaps it should be another thread..) but what responsibility does a medium have to provide a good service if they're charging good money. I've never known one to offer a refund if the customer isn't happy. I can see why they wouldn't (!!!) but really I'm not just talking about being told what you don't want to hear - what if they are way way way off the mark and absolutely no help whatsoever?

Is it just a case of buyer beware? Or luck of the draw? I guess it is really.. but I always feel a bit annoyed if I hand over hard earned cash and walk out with nothing of any relevance or significance to me.
Closed Thread