Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 26-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Poppies

Re: Relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
Poppies: "I can imagine the idea of calling the Architect something like "G-d" - treating him with a sort of distant respect....
but I can't imagine referring to the Oracle like that - she's so involved and passionate that (IMO) she wouldn't want to be treated in such a distant, 'respectful' way...... I can't help but feel that she'd want to be so much a part of life, that her name would be a part of everyday conversation.... "

From the Vedic perspective Krishna gives the choice, if you'd rather love Him with distant respect, (awe and reverence) then you can worship His forms of Lakshmi & Lord Narayan. If you'd rather have a more intimate relationship then you can worship Sri Sri Radha and Krishna. It depends on the mood of the particular devotee. The different Names of God in Sanskrit, reflect these differences in mood of worship...

:) That's interesting DASA! So you respond to a certain form of God/Krishna according to how you most feel comfortable? Have I got that right?
Old 27-01-2006, 10:13 AM
DASA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppies
:) That's interesting DASA! So you respond to a certain form of God/Krishna according to how you most feel comfortable? Have I got that right?

Yes, you got it spot on... It's described in Vedic scripture that each soul in existence has a specific, individual relationship with Krishna in one of His forms depending on the nature of that particular person. The range of relationships is infinite, but they might include anything from 'neutrality', to 'awe and reverence' to 'servitude' to 'close friendship'. The idea of being 'friends' with God may sound irreverant to some, but it may be that they are more naturaly attracted to the 'awe and reverence' mood, it's not that everyone has to be the same.

Hare Krishna :-)
Das
Old 27-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Poppies

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, you got it spot on... It's described in Vedic scripture that each soul in existence has a specific, individual relationship with Krishna in one of His forms depending on the nature of that particular person. The range of relationships is infinite, but they might include anything from 'neutrality', to 'awe and reverence' to 'servitude' to 'close friendship'. The idea of being 'friends' with God may sound irreverant to some, but it may be that they are more naturaly attracted to the 'awe and reverence' mood, it's not that everyone has to be the same.
So... does the individual choose 'who' they want to relate to in particular....? Or does the particular 'form' of Krishna make him/her(?) 'known' to the individual?

Hope you don't mind the questions....?
Old 27-01-2006, 06:34 PM
Space_Man

[size=2]Since The Matrix door has already been opened, I will quickly throw-out a related observation: it is interesting that, in the context of the story itself, not one single character ever refers to the Holy Spirit / Infinite God figure
Old 27-01-2006, 08:04 PM
Poppies

[quote=Space_Man][size=2]Since The Matrix door has already been opened, I will quickly throw-out a related observation: it is interesting that, in the context of the story itself, not one single character ever refers to the Holy Spirit / Infinite God figure
Old 27-01-2006, 08:47 PM
Space_Man

[size=2] Perhaps, in the interest of not hijacking Elen0Sila
Old 27-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Poppies

I thought the discussion was relevant to this thread... as long as we don't get bogged down in a Matrix discussion here..... :?

My reference to the Matrix films was in looking at two different entities of God - the cold distant one, and the warm approachable one...... and how their characteristics might affect how people referred to them..... The intention wasn't to hijack the thread on to yet another Matrix discussion - I felt they were two good illustrations of two completely different aspects of God.....
Old 29-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
I thought the discussion was relevant to this thread... as long as we don't get bogged down in a Matrix discussion here.....
Sounds good!

Quote:
But are the Oracle and Architect given names? They each have a title - "The Oracle" and "The Architect"... but are they ever referred to directly...?
Interesting point...but then, consider that (seemingly all of) the human inhabitants of Zion most definitely know the Goddess aspect of the Divine as
Old 29-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Poppies

I'm going to own up to something here.... I think I've lost my way a bit on this one..... :oops:

I started off on the Matrix thing on this thread, by saying that I felt the Oracle would want to be involved and approached 'directly'.... but that I felt the Architect would want the more 'distant', respectful approach....

yet now we've sort of got to the point where they're both given a title, yet not a name......... :?

So I feel a bit like I've argued myself out of my original point!!!

[quote=Space_Man]
Quote:
But are the Oracle and Architect given names? They each have a title - "The Oracle" and "The Architect"... but are they ever referred to directly...?
Interesting point...but then, consider that (seemingly all of) the human inhabitants of Zion most definitely know the Goddess aspect of the Divine as
Old 30-01-2006, 10:19 AM
DASA

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So... does the individual choose 'who' they want to relate to in particular....? Or does the particular 'form' of Krishna make him/her(?) 'known' to the individual?

Hope you don't mind the questions....?

Good question - On this point Caitanya Mahaprabhu says that 'we don't make any external endeavour to establish the relationship [so it's not so much a mental choice], but by chanting the Hare Krishna mantra : 'Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare, Hare Rama Hare Rama, Rama Rama Hare Hare' then our heart will become purified and our relationship will become more and more revealed
to us.' My 'Great-Guru' (as in Great-Grandad) Srila Prabhupada would say 'Love for Krishna is already dormant within our heart', we just have to purify ourselves by chanting etc... and it will then become visible.

In terms of the Matrix (seeing as you mentioned it), the most interesting point for me is when the traitor on the ship is about to kill Neo (in the real world) and he says 'if he's the One, then I shouldn't be able to do this'..... and then he gets stopped from doing it. Like fate is working both inside and outside the matrix itself. Nice touch.

Gouranga,

Das
Closed Thread