Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 AM
SerendipityLizard SerendipityLizard is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 555
 
There’s a reason why we forget things in each life as I’ve been told by my guides. We need to separate our different spiritual issues into specific lives. If we had all our memories, then we’d have to deal with all our baggage all at once. One thing at a time really helps to manage it all.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-06-2018, 07:11 PM
hesitant_man hesitant_man is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerendipityLizard
There’s a reason why we forget things in each life as I’ve been told by my guides. We need to separate our different spiritual issues into specific lives. If we had all our memories, then we’d have to deal with all our baggage all at once. One thing at a time really helps to manage it all.

But if we forget, can we involute? I mean, we have learnt lessons, but what if in one lifetime we are on the verge of reaching the Enlightment, and then in the next lifetime we become more attached to this world and, therefore, go back in our spiritual evolution?

Is there any possibility to choose to remember? Because if is that possible, I prefer to not forget anything.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-06-2018, 09:07 AM
SerendipityLizard SerendipityLizard is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 555
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
What I meant is, if in one life you are a good person, exists the risk that in the other you become an evil person and, therefore, make an involution? So, in one life we may have reach a spiritual dimension, but after the other one could be "moved" to a lower dimension again?

In the spirit world, there really aren’t black and white terms of who’s a good person or a bad person — as in the human belief that the good deserve help and bad deserve to be punished. All need help and deserve love.

Not saying there aren’t any cruel, egotistical or sadistic people that need to change their actions and end up in a physical jail, but that they still deserve forgiveness on a vibrational level. And it’s more black and white to label them as “bad” rather than some specific negative trait.

After death, we’re attracted to whatever vibration we give off. If we’re cruel, we attract those forces to ourselves. It’s not a hell made by some external force, but our own responsibility.

Loving vibrations come from good intentions, not bad actions. People with intentions will eventually grow to make more loving actions as they learn through their mistakes, but people with bad intentions are not willing to change their hurtful results.

In the spiritual world, our intentions create real changes into their world, and so this is the factor that eventually decides our fate after death.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-06-2018, 09:15 AM
SerendipityLizard SerendipityLizard is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 555
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
Interesting point, so as you say is not lost at all, just is there. So, this kind of abilities are within us always, just that they are somewhat hidden.
Thank you for sharing your experience!


Yeah, I think that some "geniuses" have "Inherited" their abilities from past lives, that makes sense. But I think that some knowledge gained form previous lives could be really useful in order to develop. At least we could learn from mistakes.

You seem to misunderstand that the soul’s goal is to be happy, when what it truly wants is something beyond that. There’s no need to reincarnate to be spiritually fulfilled for our souls. We’re already at our highest point and those who aren’t have forgotten who they were.

Note that our spritual selves don’t have the same emotions and desires as the physical bodies of being human do. Being human — we’re attracted to what makes us happy and dislike what doesn’t make us happy. But these souls are beyond that need.

No, many of us simply came here for a new experience. A need to learn, create, evolve, or share our talents. Many aren’t accepting of having a place in a universe with no challenges or novel events when being at the highest point already, and so many come to physical planes for this purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-06-2018, 01:36 AM
o0A0o o0A0o is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 92
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?
Please forgive me for responding without reading all previous posts.

I just wanted to briefly state that life is spacial not linear. You can start as a genius and end as an idiot yet when you are free of the body you have access to all of that experience as a whole. The down and out beggar could have been an Albert Einstein or a J. Paul Getty.

The life of this particular idiot will be informed differently having been the genius. You may think an idiot by definition is such and such but no definition in a dictionary will address the aspect of reincarnation and spiritual levels. Everyone has some retention of previous experiences. Everyone has certain degrees of deep memories and experiences available to them which make them who they are and enable them to learn from a unique perspective.

There is a lot written which suggests or implies the point is to gain until you can graduate. That may or may not be the case. You can get from A to Z out of sequence. The important thing is experiencing A through Z, I don't mean to suggest we all have to take and pass the same courses. We design our own curriculum. We decide what letters of the alphabet to experience. This avails us to less limited possibilities of experience. How we do it is part of the end result we signed on for.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-07-2018, 01:47 PM
dianamadalina dianamadalina is offline
Knower
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 227
  dianamadalina's Avatar
I have have childhood amnesia and for sure don't remember past lives
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-07-2018, 02:18 PM
Miss Hepburn Miss Hepburn is offline
Master
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Southwest, USA
Posts: 12,645
  Miss Hepburn's Avatar
Oh my gosh, I forget what I learned 6 months ago...and will make the same mistake!
__________________
.
"Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death
by riding daily in a balloon of divine perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones...
Meditate unceasingly, that you quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence"

~Lahiri Mahasaya, the Guru of Yogananda's Guru

I have no scientific evidence for anything I say.







Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:50 PM
Melahin Melahin is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,448
 
You are attracted to what makes you happy because that connects you to you. Your soul, inner being or whatever will never leave that vibration, thus when you connect to that which you are, you feel happy. Otherwise you could easy be lost if you did not have a navigation system. Whatever expansion this (and maybe past lives) have made you become is where you always will find your happiness. Not in what you once were, but what you are now. Each life no matter what adds to this, even if that life is one you later will refer to as bad, it still helps you expand and grow. So no you cannot involute? (or is it envelope ).
__________________
I am the flower, the tree, the vine. I am the path
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-07-2018, 08:52 PM
Melahin Melahin is offline
Master
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 1,448
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Oh my gosh, I forget what I learned 6 months ago...and will make the same mistake!

So you can't remember that spring day in the 16th century just outside Tuscany?
__________________
I am the flower, the tree, the vine. I am the path
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-07-2018, 01:45 PM
interim interim is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 12
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
But if we forget, can we involute? I mean, we have learnt lessons, but what if in one lifetime we are on the verge of reaching the Enlightment, and then in the next lifetime we become more attached to this world and, therefore, go back in our spiritual evolution?

Is there any possibility to choose to remember? Because if is that possible, I prefer to not forget anything.

One problem is that if you don't forget, you will repeat the thought patterns from the past life. And since they didn't work out previously, are you sure they will work this time? Even if you look your life so far, are you completely sure what is "true" and what is real "knowledge"? Can our monkey brain handle all that information? What if you had terrible experience in the past life? Can you live "normal life" knowing it?

Of course, this topic is very speculative. I can list both pros and cons. At the end, IMO this life is all about illusion, and not knowing your previous life just fits the bill.. I don't think that what you understood about yourself is completely lost though. Although we all started blank this life, you can still see how different people are. So there is something "encoded" in their life. If not as direct knowledge, indirectly via motivations, tendencies, goals. I believe also that our spirit constantly guides us, to some degree at least. However I don't think this spirit knows it all either, since it wouldn't be still in this situation...

At the end, I would agree, that the whole thing looks stupid, but this is just the level of existence we are in... It's painful to say it, but we are two-legged monkeys, how worse can it be? Living as earth worms? I don't believe in a "benevolent" nature, so I don't need to believe that the reincarnation loop has necessary a "higher purpose". For what I know, it may be designed to enslave us. Gaining knowledge is generally painful and against the system.

AFAIK, the so called "Akashic records" is a modern term created by the Theosophical Society, and mostly just repeated blindly after that. There is no ancient knowledge to support that such thing exists. People for some reason loved the idea though, and is probably one of the few things remaining from the TS.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums