Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-04-2018, 05:24 PM
peteyzen peteyzen is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leicester
Posts: 1,423
  peteyzen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
Ok, what you mean is that the expeeriences learned are in a "hidden folder" right? But still, I am wondering, mostly the life experiences are built due to the actions in that life, correct?

Si if we have lived in a spiritual way in one life, could be that in the other, one could fall to live in a worst life, due to experiences such as family and friends influences for example?
Great question. Yes our experiences are stored in the souls akashic records, but as far as spiritual knowledge, you are the divine, the oneness, so you are actually just revealing to your self what you already know, realising the truth, hence realisation. The akashic record holds all of your lives experiences and they all have built up to create the you you are now, but what you do now, well that creates the next you.
To the second part of your question, yes it is possible in one life to grow rapidly spiritually through good practice and being with good teachers in one life, and to come back in the next life and live a very different life, and nose dive spiritually, we can go up and down, because, we have free will and its possible to make bad decisions. Ultimately every positive thing you did will always be there and every skill you learn will always be there like someone who played guitar years ago and then returns to it decades later, you have to spend less time re learning.
If you put massive efforts in in this life, you create a very positive karm that will set you in a good family with good teachers in the next, but we can still mess it up Im afraid. That`s why reincarnation is so hard to get out of
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-04-2018, 06:45 PM
inavalan inavalan is online now
Guide
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 526
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
... But still, I am wondering, mostly the life experiences are built due to the actions in that life, correct? ...
I believe this is incorrect. Life experiences are built due to thoughts. Thoughts always precede actions.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-04-2018, 10:33 PM
hesitant_man hesitant_man is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
The way to find out more about these things is to read what others have to say, participate in discussion, and ponder. Eventually you'll have to try to have your own experiences, and draw your own conclusions.

You'll have to find your best way to get into altered states of consciousness, and ask your questions. I recommend self-hypnosis.

Yeah, that is what I am looking for. I want to do self-hypnosis and experiment and understand more about myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
One method of reaching the akashic records is guided self hypnosis . The one I have used is by Tera Sutphen . You might try some of the ones on you tube .

Thank you! I will use these videos to auto-hypnosize myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Great question. Yes our experiences are stored in the souls akashic records, but as far as spiritual knowledge, you are the divine, the oneness, so you are actually just revealing to your self what you already know, realising the truth, hence realisation. The akashic record holds all of your lives experiences and they all have built up to create the you you are now, but what you do now, well that creates the next you.
To the second part of your question, yes it is possible in one life to grow rapidly spiritually through good practice and being with good teachers in one life, and to come back in the next life and live a very different life, and nose dive spiritually, we can go up and down, because, we have free will and its possible to make bad decisions. Ultimately every positive thing you did will always be there and every skill you learn will always be there like someone who played guitar years ago and then returns to it decades later, you have to spend less time re learning.
If you put massive efforts in in this life, you create a very positive karm that will set you in a good family with good teachers in the next, but we can still mess it up Im afraid. That`s why reincarnation is so hard to get out of

So, the akashic records are as the name says, a record or library which contains our past lives. It would be interesting to read them and have the possibility to learn from the mistakes in our past lives.

Ok, so there's the possibility to make steps back in other lifes. So, this means that in order to advance further, we should accumulate as many good karma as possible in the lives which we are aware of our spiritual being. In fact, I have begun to avoid bad karma as much as I can. Maybe I can get some bad karma, but I always try to do the right thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I believe this is incorrect. Life experiences are built due to thoughts. Thoughts always precede actions.

True, thoughts are the root of the actions, but these thoughts can be corrupted by external influences (mostly in weak minds).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-04-2018, 01:46 AM
Spirit bird Spirit bird is offline
Knower
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 204
  Spirit bird's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?

I don't claim to have all the answers because I don't but I contribute what I feel resonates with me on my journey that I've learned, so therefore I wish to share. What I feel strongly on is that yes, in agreement with your post our memories are erased somewhat when coming back here for more soul development. However I don't feel that we can't access that information if we get onto a spiritual path once again in this lifetime. It is always there but hidden from our consciousness waiting to be accessed.

I will give you a for instance...I have an obsession with another country and a certain time period specifically within this country and I could not figure out why that was. I was obsessed with buying books and research of this era. It wasn't until I did a past life regression as well as a visit to a shaman that I go to that I learned in this specific era I did in fact live there. The reason for my obsession with this era was on a subconscious level in the fact that it was my only incarnation in which I was completely and totally spiritually awake and fully developed in that particular lifetime so my ties with it were extremely strong although I could not understand why that was. I was also instructed on how to perform a soul retrieval from this era because a fragment of my soul remained behind due to how I died in that lifetime. That has since been successfully done and confirmed with someone who is an ascended master. So in short, I don't believe that your memories ever are gone entirely, they are just put on a hidden hard drive (so to speak) that we have yet to access in this particular lifetime. That is my take on it and also what resonates with me very strongly.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:55 PM
peteyzen peteyzen is offline
Master
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: leicester
Posts: 1,423
  peteyzen's Avatar
Hi Spirit bird, yes I agree with your assertion. These things are accessible and certain skills are unconsciously available, take for instance the case of a six year old child who sits at a piano and begins to play with no lessons, then learns so quickly they are a maestro at 11. They definitely learned those skills in a former life. But as to specific memories of the past, I do not believe they are helpful, what we did in past lives doesn't need to be known in detail, what matters is now, and our actions/thoughts now. Access to the akashic records is possible, but will take massive effort, that effort would be better spent realising the divine, once realised you would know all that anyway
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 16-04-2018, 10:39 PM
hesitant_man hesitant_man is offline
Pathfinder
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 68
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit bird
I don't claim to have all the answers because I don't but I contribute what I feel resonates with me on my journey that I've learned, so therefore I wish to share. What I feel strongly on is that yes, in agreement with your post our memories are erased somewhat when coming back here for more soul development. However I don't feel that we can't access that information if we get onto a spiritual path once again in this lifetime. It is always there but hidden from our consciousness waiting to be accessed.

I will give you a for instance...I have an obsession with another country and a certain time period specifically within this country and I could not figure out why that was. I was obsessed with buying books and research of this era. It wasn't until I did a past life regression as well as a visit to a shaman that I go to that I learned in this specific era I did in fact live there. The reason for my obsession with this era was on a subconscious level in the fact that it was my only incarnation in which I was completely and totally spiritually awake and fully developed in that particular lifetime so my ties with it were extremely strong although I could not understand why that was. I was also instructed on how to perform a soul retrieval from this era because a fragment of my soul remained behind due to how I died in that lifetime. That has since been successfully done and confirmed with someone who is an ascended master. So in short, I don't believe that your memories ever are gone entirely, they are just put on a hidden hard drive (so to speak) that we have yet to access in this particular lifetime. That is my take on it and also what resonates with me very strongly.

Interesting point, so as you say is not lost at all, just is there. So, this kind of abilities are within us always, just that they are somewhat hidden.
Thank you for sharing your experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi Spirit bird, yes I agree with your assertion. These things are accessible and certain skills are unconsciously available, take for instance the case of a six year old child who sits at a piano and begins to play with no lessons, then learns so quickly they are a maestro at 11. They definitely learned those skills in a former life. But as to specific memories of the past, I do not believe they are helpful, what we did in past lives doesn't need to be known in detail, what matters is now, and our actions/thoughts now. Access to the akashic records is possible, but will take massive effort, that effort would be better spent realising the divine, once realised you would know all that anyway

Yeah, I think that some "geniuses" have "Inherited" their abilities from past lives, that makes sense. But I think that some knowledge gained form previous lives could be really useful in order to develop. At least we could learn from mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 17-04-2018, 02:45 PM
lemex lemex is offline
Master
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,137
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?

I've considered this thought as well and think it wouldn't happen. Karma, ie reincarnations seems to me to be about decision, karma may be about this. It's about seeing. An example may be what use to be called conscious or feelings about actions. Where does it come from, such as feeling contradiction in acts. This may be the H.S. Is this based on some knowledge. Also there are many reincarnations involved and so isn't about numbers, they are experiences. That which one thinks about may occur in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc, not the next one. One must experience and have to go through many experience. It's like how people seem to do opposites sometimes felt and part of karma may be about letting go. Reincarnation may actually be necessary. Definitely people can hold onto ideas in the field of karma for one single lifetime and so each time that might happen. Learning? Remember it is transformative and this is also dimensional, not linear. It may also be about bravery, karma is about change. Is karma a design? This thought also comes out of my journey here as well and what I do and what I do not do.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 24-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Ghost_Rider_1970 Ghost_Rider_1970 is offline
Guide
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 512
  Ghost_Rider_1970's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?

I believe that we only have one life before we return to the Source from where we came. So we as the Universe incarnate with our own consciousness and then reincarnate through everyone and everything once we die. So, from our perspective of individual consciouness we don't remember anything from before we are born, or will be consciously aware when we die. We therefore simply return to the perfect state of 'nothingness'. Where we as the Universe are eternal.
__________________

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.


Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I


Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29-04-2018, 09:21 AM
sea-dove sea-dove is offline
Master
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,242
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hesitant_man
I have one concern that I have sometimes thought. When we reincarnate in theory we "forget" many things, including the past lives.

So, let's say than one in one life is aware of their spiritual nature. But if this soul reincarnates again, and loose the previous records, this means that this soul could "go backwards" and has to learn this again?

Reincarnation is about the soul and you are attempting to put normal human thinking onto the soul here. Its in a timeless place, there is no linear time as such. It's all existing at once.

I once met another me who is in existance right now.. its a past life of mine but she and me both met in our now moment at exactly the same time and experienced each others time at the same time as our own.

Note cause its all existing right now, nothing is ever lost. Your human brain may not be accessing it but its not lost.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 25-05-2018, 04:49 PM
aw1001 aw1001 is offline
Newbie ;)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 12
 
I feel like some lessons are already imbedded in us at a deep level/ or we have let go of them already and in this life it's unnecessary, there is a new lesson(s) to be learned and there's growth. Also I just feel like there's no good/bad decisions in actuality. it's different when we are in bodies, our perception is dualistic and there's our ego. We come into this life for whatever reasons which we probably wouldn't completely understand from a in body perspective.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums