Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Seeker

Death, Dying and Survival of Consciousness

Three days before Dad died of cancer in 2004, I was awakened at 3:31 am out of a sound sleep. I'm a light sleeper, so after determining there wasn't a reason for me to wake, I went back to sleep. The next night I was woken again at 3:31 am. Now I knew there was some importance, and thought about the numerological significance of the number 7, listened carefully to hear any signs of an intruder (none) then had to meditate to relax enough to go back to sleep. the 3rd night I was awakened at 3:31 am and knew there was something very important I was missing. I closed my eyes and sent my awareness out to detect any spirits or energies that may have wakened me, but couldn't sense anything. At a loss, I prayed that I needed help and guidance in figuring out the significance of 3:31 am. A thought drifted into mind that 3:31 is also March 31st, Dad's birthday. Like a key opening a door, the presence of my Dad was in the room to let me know that he had started leaving his body Friday and would be leaving today (Monday) and that as he was leaving, all the pain and suffering was being replaced with___there are no words, so Dad shared the feeling that he was being filled with and it was the same feeling as a near death experience, so indescribably whole, beautiful, loving. Dad gave me some other messages, then was gone. There was a 3 hr. difference between Arizona and New Jersey, and part of me did not want to believe Dad would die that day, plus nothing like this had ever happened to me before, so I chalked it up to my imagination, and went back to sleep. How does someone start leaving their body 3 days before they die? I wondered. That morning, I got a call from my sister that Dad had started vomiting blood on Friday and had died that morning. Over the following weeks, Dad made his presence known in helping me to settle his estate (finding lost documents, etc) and sending messages he was restored to wholeness and well being. Since then, I have studied death, dying, survival of consciousness and after death communication. There is so much fear around these topics that needs education and healing.
Old 15-02-2015, 06:30 PM
Ascender
wow what a story i really do not know what to say.
Old 15-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Seeker

In 2006, the Rhine Research Center at Duke University hosted a weekend conference, "After Death What Do We Know?" which offered a triple blind scientific study, a minister and medium who affirmed consciousness survives after death and after death communication is possible, as are NDE and pre-death experiences.
Old 15-02-2015, 09:06 PM
Master
Beautiful story and so glad you shared. I agree with you, though I have never had an NDE I truly believe we have been taught to fear something we should not and that a lot of healing needs to take place because of it.
Old 16-02-2015, 12:01 PM
Master
Girl of 25 has siezure, NDE, and matures some thrity years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcpxEwHI0ME

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein