Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 29-12-2012, 12:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by weimin3196
I just want to say that I don't have any mental problems for those who think I am hearing voices because I am going crazy

I am unsure when this started happening but lately I've noticed that I can hear voices right as I am nodding off into sleep. Like I stated previously, I've only began to notice these voices lately and I became very curious. This occurs extremely easily for me, whenever I stay up until like 4-5 am in the morning, I can just lay down in bed and within a minute, I can start hearing the voices (I don't hear the voices unless if I am not extremely sleepy). I even forced myself to stay awake a little longer a few times just to see if I can make any sense of what these voices are. It could be random words or whole sentences. Sometimes the sentences would make sense but other times, it would sound like a bunch of jumbled words such as "sally car take hi" (poor example). When I wake up in the morning, I would forget what I heard but I would remember it happening. The voices sound female but I am unsure if it is the same voice or different voices. I am just wondering if anyone know what is going on. Many thanks :)

I have this too. Yet it comes and goes. It has been a while since I last had it. Just before sleep, I actually here snippets of information. Like as if I have ease dropped on a telephone conversation. Yet it is clear, and it is not like it is a thought. I perceive it as a sound, as audible.

I think it may be an early sign of clairodiance. Being able to hear spirit.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 29-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
This has happened to me a handful of times. The messages were anything but random though, and made me do things that either saved lived or made me aware that lives were in danger. Trust me, whenever I get a message now I don't waste any time on doubting if they are real or not. One such sentence once was "Stay home today and talk with XXXXX or she will die." I did, and XXXXX did live - and I was informed later that it was the only reason she hadnt committed suicide that day.

The reason we get these messages while falling asleep or while waking up is that our brain waves/vibrations/speed is the right one just then; slow enough for messages to come through and fast enough for them to register in our consciousness. I think it is called theta waves.

I have worked with spirit for years. But have never heard spirit. Yet, the snippets I get are like half sentences. Accept for one instance, when my grandfather in spirit showed a picture of himself holding a megaphone. I was like "whaa...?" and then boom I heard him in my ears. But everything else is just snippets of information, that is senseless in and of itself.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype
Old 29-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkade
I have worked with spirit for years. But have never heard spirit. Yet, the snippets I get are like half sentences. Accept for one instance, when my grandfather in spirit showed a picture of himself holding a megaphone. I was like "whaa...?" and then boom I heard him in my ears. But everything else is just snippets of information, that is senseless in and of itself.

Ah. I think you need to learn to focus better.

Take a crystal, or even a common piece of rock if that is all you have. Then sit down, taking note of what the clock shows as you do. Then, focus on that crystal. Notice every color nuance, its weight, smell, every cut and imperfection, every tiny bump - use a magnifying glass if you like and so on. See if you can feel any kind of energy from it. Even say hello to it and listen if there is a reply. In short, let your focus rest on it for as long as you can. When you can bear it no longer, put the crystal down and take a look at the clock again. You will find that more time has passed than you was aware of.

I did this myself some times. I did feel it easier to do some things at least afterwards. My thought is that it might help you focus more on the messages as you receive them, so you might recall them better while fully awake.

Incidentally, some of my received messages has been sound and some have appeared as text on a screen.
Old 30-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Knower

Yesterday while I was on a late night gaming binge session, I passed out for a couple of seconds and I heard a 20 ish second snippet of the new chris brown song idk what the name is but he sings of paradise in it. When I regained focus, the song became stuck in my head until I fell asleep about an hour or two later. Any thoughts?
Old 30-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Mr.Whitmore

The onset of telepathy......
Old 30-12-2012, 01:25 PM
Neville

I know this feeling .

The voice is in your head but there is no one close by is, Non Proximity hearing. The Brain being every bit as good receiver as it is a transmitter.

My question was...How does that work then ? I had to do some investigating.

My conclusions currently are :

Non Proximal hearing is very common during the Theta state of brain frequency. A number of theory's surround this phenomena.

Theta is a low brain frequency in which REM dream takes place... You will note that dreams seem very real. It is as though ones awareness consciousness is far removed from the head resting on the pillow.

To get to sleep properly..The timeless black void of sleep...Delta frequency it is usual to to pass through Theta in departing Alpha Frequency(restful wakefulness... So in a sense you do traverse these frequencies from deep sleep to total awake and alert Beta.

Interestingly (To me anyway) Mediums..Meditators and Astral Projectee's occupy the Theta state during those activities that they practice.

Other examples of Non proximal hearing that have happened to me while dropping off to sleep. My name being called, Loud knocking,Music, Crashing noises.

I conclude all of this to be normal, further and more excitingly for me are the accompanying visuals (seeing behind closed eyes) that will start to occur. Now this is the part that a lot of people find difficult.

Once you focus it's gone... caput...disappeared.. Because you bring your attention Alpha, even Beta to bear upon Theta ..You are switching brain frequency and moving away from the subject matter of Theta where you are required to nothing more than passively observe...

Anyway...It's a really interesting subject and I could go on and on about this area of interest but I'd bore off most of you.. So here's a small illustrative read me.

Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second). The fastest, representing the most intense state of alertness. The result of heightened mental activity. Maximum mind power. All five external senses, logical mind, memory from the five senses & logical thinking.

Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualization. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

Delta Brain Waves (0.5 to 4 cycles per second) Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation. State of oneness, whole body feeling. Pure being & will.

Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists...

My next Question was...What if it's just my imagination?

Gibran says ....."Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance."

So my inner skeptic was duly given a proper telling off in so far as I asked/told/admonished myself "Do imaginary experiences lack any authenticity when compared to what is "real"?

Surely your cognitive bias has already hindered you in that respect.

What you believe to be true is only true because you believe it to be so...

Give your guides a chance because what you think is only your imagination might in fact be inspiration."

I hope all of that was helpful to you or someone reading it.
Old 30-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I know this feeling .

The voice is in your head but there is no one close by is, Non Proximity hearing. The Brain being every bit as good receiver as it is a transmitter.

My question was...How does that work then ? I had to do some investigating.

My conclusions currently are :

Non Proximal hearing is very common during the Theta state of brain frequency. A number of theory's surround this phenomena.

Theta is a low brain frequency in which REM dream takes place... You will note that dreams seem very real. It is as though ones awareness consciousness is far removed from the head resting on the pillow.

To get to sleep properly..The timeless black void of sleep...Delta frequency it is usual to to pass through Theta in departing Alpha Frequency(restful wakefulness... So in a sense you do traverse these frequencies from deep sleep to total awake and alert Beta.

Interestingly (To me anyway) Mediums..Meditators and Astral Projectee's occupy the Theta state during those activities that they practice.

Other examples of Non proximal hearing that have happened to me while dropping off to sleep. My name being called, Loud knocking,Music, Crashing noises.

I conclude all of this to be normal, further and more excitingly for me are the accompanying visuals (seeing behind closed eyes) that will start to occur. Now this is the part that a lot of people find difficult.

Once you focus it's gone... caput...disappeared.. Because you bring your attention Alpha, even Beta to bear upon Theta ..You are switching brain frequency and moving away from the subject matter of Theta where you are required to nothing more than passively observe...

Anyway...It's a really interesting subject and I could go on and on about this area of interest but I'd bore off most of you.. So here's a small illustrative read me.

Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second). The fastest, representing the most intense state of alertness. The result of heightened mental activity. Maximum mind power. All five external senses, logical mind, memory from the five senses & logical thinking.

Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualization. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

Delta Brain Waves (0.5 to 4 cycles per second) Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation. State of oneness, whole body feeling. Pure being & will.

Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists...

My next Question was...What if it's just my imagination?

Gibran says ....."Imagination finds a road to the realm of the gods, and there man can glimpse that which is to be after the souls' liberation from the world of substance."

So my inner skeptic was duly given a proper telling off in so far as I asked/told/admonished myself "Do imaginary experiences lack any authenticity when compared to what is "real"?

Surely your cognitive bias has already hindered you in that respect.

What you believe to be true is only true because you believe it to be so...

Give your guides a chance because what you think is only your imagination might in fact be inspiration."

I hope all of that was helpful to you or someone reading it.

A very interesting post, and thank you for it. It is interesting also because I positive that I have fibromyalgia. The doctor mentioned to me that it was caused by not entering deep sleep properly. I don't know, but I do know that I have suffered from night terrors too. Though they have become less intense. And of course been hearing the voices as I go to sleep. It is like snippets of conversations that I have caught half way through.

I do think they are serve a purpose. I am think I am become clairodiant, I think that was what spirit has been doing. Unless of course I am picking up people's conversations which are occuring on the material world. Like I am picking up on a frequency. Actually it does feel like that when I hear the voices. It is like I have just tuned into a radio station, though instead of songs there are poeple talking.

Saint Jerome.

Old 30-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Gracey

i was doing this a couple of weeks back. i did not like it. usually i tune into a high pitch sine wave...i find it very relaxing. then i started to hear static like radio or t.v. station sounds. i noticed that i was feeling anxious when i was hearing it. so i disciplined my self back to my sine wave.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:15 AM
Knower

will someone teach me how to "tune in" to certain frequencies?