Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 02-10-2010, 12:50 AM
Administrator
Learng to Deal with Gifted Children

Learning to Deal with “Gifted” Children

This be from personal experience only as many a book be written on such a topic but the one that knows best be the parent in that situation. Here are some “tool” I have found to ease in that journey of understanding some…..as the times be a changing and we as parents at times have to ‘run’ to catch up.

I have three children all with “Abilities” I go to call it all in the realms of the Paranormal so to some including such things as Empathic, and Clairvoyance, and Premonitions ect might not fit their view of the meaning. Paranormal is experiences that fall outside the range of “NORMAL” that can be known to science and be explained. To me personally there be no “normal” as that is one concept that fits what man thinks it should. Nothing as of yet in the realms of ‘abilities’ is carved in stone there be only basis in knowledge on how it all words but NO TWO come forth with the same “gifts” as we come forth as us the “I” we are.

I so feel that the ‘time’ for lack of a better word for it be opening to an new level of understandings not maybe yet seen. Or maybe not yet more openly talked on other than in back rooms of homes and even Churches. The area of what one see’s as a young child but is told it be not real. It be imaginary friends one will grow from, or the Monster Under the Bed is not real, or the Bogyman it go’s under many a term in many a culture and in many a children’s classic story told. WHY ? Could it be that its written in those times but not maybe embraced in those times ?

I know from me three kids man they have come forth with way more knowledge in things it seems that I never had. Now that might well be from the Television Shows on now or from the Internet, but not from the first months of childhood. That is born to understandings I so feel what one is now coming forth to life with. So that one is better able to deal with the complexities of what one is seeing more and more.

I for one “missed” it totally in me first born Son, I totally missed in what he was saying he was seeing and hearing. He was a rare child from day one, talked basic words at 3 months and basic sentences at 6 months of age. Taken for his shots at 6 months to say “ you bad Momma” so clearly the nurse had to give her head a shake that he was only that age. So from looking back I should have seen his “abilities” as early as 3 months old. I missed them until he was 2 and I finally clued in he was not just waning all of me attentions there was more to the level than just that one. Too he is not at a loss to tell one’s that his Mom missed the “fact” there was a man in his room at night. I admit I missed it….BUT too found understandings or a lesson from that one. To be more open to what was said. To as a parent listen better and watch more.

I was reading one day in a book I had on children and spirits and I came to the most valued of lessons I could have found. Simple in its application and so easy to do as a ‘game’. To simply take pictures of relatives ( in me case men) and add to them some random one’s that had no connection to family and lay them out on the table and say lets play a game. “Who do you know”. It was seconds in time that me Son pointed to one picture and held it up and goes that is him that is “Spirit” he was two. Then goes on to say and he brings that small “brown” dog with him. The picture was “black and white” and from a “BOX” camera so the image quality was not of the best. I hardly noticed the dog in the photo. I was in it with me Dad and me baby Brother in it I was 2 year’s old. The dog was me puppy newly brought home. That man was me Son’s grandfather a man he had never met or seen a picture of, as there were so very few of them. Simplest of ways to understand who was there.

There are many levels a child has that opens the door to the other side (if one choose to call it that) . Bad dreams be another event. Waking in the night from a bad dream and saying they is something in their room, might well be. Take that time maybe to ask more on it BUT never as an inquisition but as simple questions. To see if maybe there is a relative visiting or maybe a Guide.

If a child tells or an event or that someone is going to pass take note of it but too try not to be overly alarmed. it’s a premonition one is having and as scary as that is for a parent to the child most times it just a passing comment out of real understandings or context. I remember knowing such things from a very early age, and never being able to talk on them. Now with me kids I do talk on it. They come to me with what is seen or known and we try to figure out at times the meanings of it all. Me eldest has the “visions” I do and not all are nice images one see’s but oddly he is so calm on it all goes to me one day “man does some horrid things to one’s fellow man” . Not all seen will be pleasant for children like him but too in not over reacting and embracing it with compassions and understanding one will be fine.

Other things one’s child might show is knowledge in areas one should have no understandings in. Where it comes from who knows, at times a child will tell ye a friend told them. That friend being Guide or Spirit they are seeing and talking with. For mine one is his understandings from 6 on the Terminator movie that man could well do such a creation and the machine might well rule. So complex in his understandings the school councilor was called in to talk to him on it all. For me other is its knowledge of the ocean especially the very DEEP parts and the creatures there. I have an idea on how he knows of this as at 2 he asked me what the Titanic was and went on to say Mom I died that ship as a child and I am on the ocean bottom. For me Daughter its past life knowledge she has. In great details of lives lived. At times names and dates that match up.

Other times a child might be said to be a “day dreamer” me Daughter’s report card says “ she seems at times to be very disconnected in thought to the room but if asked on the topic of discussion knows right where they are at.” In two places at once like I can do maybe. So maybe ask a child where one has been in thoughts if one seems “dreamy”. Might get a wondrous reply.

Other areas for children are seen as “anti social” behaviors in a group or class situation. This might not be out of choice for the child but out of “need”. Might well be Empathic and sense full on the emotions or even thoughts of other children around them. (this be a hard one admittedly for a school to embrace and work with). All three of mine struggle with this some. They have each found a way to ‘work’ this to their advantage. The eldest while hugely “smart” learned to dumb down ( maybe not what I would want me child to do but) out of self survival and feeling better personally did so. He gets taken from class in a smaller group setting to do work and its going very well. Too the school knows and embraces me for whom I be and what I be. (blessed I know I be there trust me I know that well). Seeming to be open to understand more in how children are different than were pastly diagnosed. Seeing that not all “KIDS” learn the same way.. The other two have smaller groups in class they work within. Empathic feelings are the hardest for children to talk on. As its tied to emotions and that be a very hard thing to go into at a young age and even worse as one gets older at times. Learned and seen young one can as a parent help with those hurdles a great deal. To have a child come home and say “girls are down right nasty, they give each other a hug and are really going OMG your so dam gross”. That is one thing me Son told me he sensed. I had to explain that he was really picking up on how they were thinking. Hard as that is one can think one thing and do or act another thing. How sadly man is. Hard for a child to embrace that full on. Too lead into a whole new are of conversations on “READING” others. Having to explain just because ONE CAN does not mean ONE SHOULD read the feelings or thoughts of another. it’s a deeply personal thing and has to be held with great respects and responsibilities. To teach him its NOT a game. it’s an ability we have given to us to use wisely.

For children too that see and talk to Spirits we too have to be wary of not all the vibrations there be positive one’s. We as parents have to watch for signs maybe something not be right. Children’s drawings here are a good place to look. By leaving drawing materials out and readily accessible to a child often they will go to that avenue to sort out things seen. Things to look for in subtle areas are pictures of people at times it be of them with someone. Ask questions on the drawing in simple ways is this ye and Mom or Dad ? Or who is it ? Most times if it be a Spirit the child might well feel it wrong to say so be gentle on how one asks. To the colors used can tell things. If the colours are dark always like blacks and dark blues as why ? Or if there seems to be images of what might be “blood” in them again ask on it. I have one the draws military pictures with great skill but that be ALL he can draw well. I wonder if it be “channeled” art. While another child does deep see fish with great accuracy again here I wonder on past life knowledge. Me Daughter has started doing comic strips. She knows this is from a spirit friend she has but she is doing them willingly told the story is all she said.

Listening to a child play from the other room too at time will give on insights to what might well be going on. If one hears what seems to be a two way conversation. Where it seem there be questions and answers happening. Ask ye’s child who was there with them. Or try ye’s self to pick up on who might be there. We are all mediums we fail at times to see that. Put the mind gently to rest in thought and ask whom be there. Go on too the feeling one gets in a room. Does one feel warm and safe or does one feel cold and somewhat on edge. 99.99 percent of the times what is around is safe. Lower vibrations are often attracted to home that be in a state of unrest or tensions….where parents fight or there is a lot of life stresses. It’s hard being a parent but the calmer one can be with children showing “abilities” the better their journey will be.

I hope that in sharing in some of me personal experiences I put minds at ease a bit for ye parents out there that are maybe new to all of this or do not see in self the abilities we all have. At times we choose not to use them or to know they be there and for many that be the RIGHT path. It is for me mate. Too he gets what the kids are dealing with just does not want to open to his abilities.

Share some of one’s childhood experiences of one wishes OR one’s that ye’s kids are having or have had. Its in open communications we learn and grow.

Lynn