Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 10-12-2011, 05:08 AM
pre-dawn

It is the responsibility of a Reiki teacher to teach the students how to feel and guide energy. It is not good enough to assume that the students know how to do this or have experience in this.

To say it doesn't matter whether one feels it or not is a major cop-out, IMO a sign of a bad teacher, which will make for bad practitioners.

This is not to say that the feelings does not change, but in any practice done over time one would expect it to increase as one sensitizes to it. If it doesn't increase then there is something wrong and acceptance of that is a recipe for mediocrity at best.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
It is the responsibility of a Reiki teacher to teach the students how to feel and guide energy. It is not good enough to assume that the students know how to do this or have experience in this.

To say it doesn't matter whether one feels it or not is a major cop-out, IMO a sign of a bad teacher, which will make for bad practitioners.

This is not to say that the feelings does not change, but in any practice done over time one would expect it to increase as one sensitizes to it. If it doesn't increase then there is something wrong and acceptance of that is a recipe for mediocrity at best.
Well my master said in the workbook that everyone's reception can be a bit different.

For example. Last night I was doing a reiki healing on my gf who had a sore wrist from working out. She told me that she felt as if I was squeezing her wrist. In fact it was the energy that was going into her doing it's job.

The lst time I did a healing. She felt some heat going through her upper body. This time it was pressure. Another time it could feel like electricity. Some other time she may feel absolutely nothing.

The same thing goes when we are receiving an attunement or giving one.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by gem_layla16
I dont want to sound like a moan, but since my level 1 attunement i am struggling to feel the energy, when i give my self treatments i dont feel alot but sometimes during the day my hands will heat up when thinking about reiki, or talking about it but then when i come to treat myself nothing, i feel like crying a bit because i really want to be good at it, i have been meditating and practicing a lot, i am just finding it hard to connect, i feel a bit of a failure.

I am trying to stay positive because i know the precepts tell me to not worry etc.

Also during the attunement i did not feel anything, my teacher said that is fine, i think i just expected to feel something as when i have had treatments they have been so strong.

Love and Light xxx

Some times you may feel absolutely nothing for a while. Then all the sudden you get a weird sensation that you can't explain. Or like me a few weeks ago. I was working out. In fact it was the day that the comett was supposedly coming close to the earth. Well I was just doing my workout and I looked up. To see a big door coming my way.

So I figured it meant that a new opening was heading my way. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Kristin050585

I always felt some heat when I use reiki on other people. I don't always feel it when I get attuned, but I do when I do distance and more so in person.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:44 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stogey
Well my master said in the workbook that everyone's reception can be a bit different.

For example. Last night I was doing a reiki healing on my gf who had a sore wrist from working out. She told me that she felt as if I was squeezing her wrist. In fact it was the energy that was going into her doing it's job.
We are not talking about what the recipient feels but what the person giving Reiki feels. IMO, such a person should develop an increasing sensitivity to what they are doing. If they don't what would the point of practicing be (self-treatments)?

How do you know that it was the energy going into her which created her feeling? Maybe her feeling arose from her giving attention to her wrist, or giving a different kind of attention to it. IOW, there may well be no causal relationship between what you did and what she felt. Maybe there was enabling one but that puts the whole thing into an altogether different light.

Things arise together and decay together. A enables B to arise but A does not cause B to arise. Whatever B is, it was fully present except for its physical manifestation before A entered the picture.
B might also arise, maybe in different form, if C or many other factors were present. That is why a Reiki healer is not a requirement for healing but sometimes is a useful catalyst.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:53 PM
shifty123

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
We are not talking about what the recipient feels but what the person giving Reiki feels. IMO, such a person should develop an increasing sensitivity to what they are doing. If they don't what would the point of practicing be (self-treatments)?

How do you know that it was the energy going into her which created her feeling? Maybe her feeling arose from her giving attention to her wrist, or giving a different kind of attention to it. IOW, there may well be no causal relationship between what you did and what she felt. Maybe there was enabling one but that puts the whole thing into an altogether different light.

Things arise together and decay together. A enables B to arise but A does not cause B to arise. Whatever B is, it was fully present except for its physical manifestation before A entered the picture.
B might also arise, maybe in different form, if C or many other factors were present. That is why a Reiki healer is not a requirement for healing but sometimes is a useful catalyst.
l
Just explaining my experiences. If you don't like what i say. Oh well. Your opinion is no different than mine.

You should take a negative energy swipe.