Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-07-2019, 08:59 PM
Newbie ;)

Question mediumship evil?

the way I was raised and apparently it came from the bible is that mediumship is a no no, that its evil. I know Solomon had a hard time following magic with his wives, its real to me to not make that mistake. Do any Christians understand mediumship divination and magic in a nice happier more user friendly light?
Old 23-07-2019, 08:54 AM
Master
Hello,

I was raised in a strict traditional Christian family. However my experiences with mediumship/telepathy were loving and supportive which was not what I was taught. So I would get laughed at when I shared insights with my family. Around the age of 10-11 I concluded it was best for me to not speak of these things to them. As I progressed in life I found that the real world for me was a no no with most of those I met.

I have not heard this story about Solomon. I do not know what question you are asking about him. My understanding is that we believe what we are told by authorities. More often than not their intent is to enslave us. That this will eventually change when more of us question what we are told and reflect on what is real for us and what is not.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Christians are very narrow minded if its says something in the bible is wrong its wrong.
I don't read the bible never have why would I want to read a book that is full of lies.
I am a medium I was born with my gifts.
the bible in my opinion is full of control its a load of rubbish.

Namaste
Old 23-07-2019, 10:13 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by liamjoker
the way I was raised and apparently it came from the bible is that mediumship is a no no, that its evil.

I would dare say the vast majority of content on this forum would have you hold the same opinion?
Old 23-07-2019, 04:41 PM
Administrator
Hello

I was raised Anglican and from birth I have been able to see and hear those that have passed. First memories are at the age of 6, but when I had my first Son I can see it with him from the age of 2.

Is it evil, I was told "child never talk on such things" by even the Father of the Church. I too note that being that I am now 56 years of age the times were not ready for open discussions and I might well have landed in a mental institution. We know well the history of the "crafts" over time and how many were put to wrongful death. Even Jesus faced this in the blind eyes of faith and the masses of the times.

I left the church at the age of 13 and went down the darker path that is also in the Bible to have an NDE at 25 that changed the course of my life.

Leviticus 19:31
‘“Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6
‘“I will set my face against anyone who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute themselves by following them, and I will cut them off from their people.

I so can here the Father reading these passages from the bible to me in Sunday School. Its like going back in time. I guess I have been "cut off".

I would always question if God created me and man how come "some" can talk to and see the dead as clearly as the living ? Is it not a "gift" from God I would ask. Not to be told it was mental illness but to get told not to talk about it openly. Yet those of the Church have worked along side me in house clearings and blessings. Calling me in at times to help them with the darker energies.

Times are changing I feel and a lot of that "control" is going.

Lynn
Old 27-07-2019, 09:33 AM
Knower

OP could perhaps seek out those who were once born into Occult practices who (at some stage) later turned to Christianity.

Such as testimonials of Doreen Virtues or John Ramirez!

On a lighter note; I've personally never come across any Christian fundamentalist who dabbles in new age, they all seem to say the same thing.
Old 27-07-2019, 05:07 PM
Master
I've read the bible a few times and understand what some of the symbolism means. I do agree that it's full of contradictions and various errors but despite that there are some pearls in it.

As for mediumship, I believe it's a spiritual gift given to us from God. In the NT, there's a parable which I'll briefly mention. It's about a master who gave three of his servants talents. They went out in the world. One servant hid his talent while the other two doubled them. When they returned, the servant who hid his talent was banished by the master.

If the talents symbolize spiritual gifts, then it seems to me that we're to not only develop what we were given by God at birth, but to discover more spiritual gifts and use those too.

I live in the country in an agricultural community. About a week ago, I drove into town and took a bit of a detour to get to the highway due to some heavy machinery that can block a road. On the detour, a sentence popped into my mind and it's something that my deceased gramma would say about pointing out places. What she said was incorrect but it got my attention and confirmed it indeed was her speaking to me. So now what? I didn't seek after her. I don't consider myself to be a medium but I've had other communications that indicate I am. It seems this is a gift that won't go away so I guess I have more development to do. I don't want to be like the one servant who ignored his spiritual gift.

As for a good use for such an ability. I've used it to help other deceased people who were stuck and move on to where they're supposed to be. If you're into genealogy, I suppose you can ask them if you have the correct records to attach to your family tree. Maybe you can even get some good stories about the family.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)
Old 04-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Pathfinder
I'm surprised so many people think they're speaking/communicating with spirits /angels/demons etc etc. I've never seen anyone voice the belief that you're actually communicating with other people right here on this earth with you lol

Manipulation, misdirection etc etc. Give me an hour and I can have you believing we're all purple dragons!

A.Wilson
Old 04-08-2019, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe-Knee
I'm surprised so many people think they're speaking/communicating with spirits /angels/demons etc etc. I've never seen anyone voice the belief that you're actually communicating with other people right here on this earth with you lol

Manipulation, misdirection etc etc. Give me an hour and I can have you believing we're all purple dragons!

A.Wilson

Hi,

Well obviousally you have never seen my hundreds of postings about telepathy. Here is one of them.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=128745

There is no need to convince me we are all connected with each other. The big question to ask is what kind of attention am I attracting which may be different from what you resonate the most with.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 04-08-2019, 05:47 PM
Master
I've had a few instances where it was necessary for me to communicate with higher selves of other people. Just because I can do something doesn't automatically mean I want to do it and another's higher self may not want to communicate with me. It's free will which works both ways. Also, I feel it unnecessary to list all the various beings I have communicated with which is why I use the terms 'etc' or 'and such'. It feels like bragging to me to make a complete list.

"But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee:

Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee."
Job 12: 7 and 8 (KJV)