Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 15-06-2019, 10:06 AM
Knower

The Dark Night Of The Soul

Premise:
(1) I believe in reincarnation.
(2) Everything I experience is precisely what my higher self wants me to experience.

Hi,

Has anyone of you experienced the phenomenon what some call “The Dark Night Of The Soul”?
I myself am going through a process of very intensive development (in a spiritual as well as a wordly sense). I gained lots of insights and transformed otherwise too. The problem is that this transformation seems to require many kinds of suffering and torments. And it seems to be necessary to relinquish almost all kinds of experiences that would feel positive.

I found some videos and was released that other people experience similar things too, for example the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPunKCpElg

But it doesn’t capture exactly what I am experiencing.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Well, I am utterly melancholic but of course 'dark night of the soul' sounds more cute. On top of that, what does that a.hole up there who decided to put me through this nonsense think it would transform me into?
Old 15-06-2019, 10:47 AM
Master
Quote:
And it seems to be necessary to relinquish almost all kinds of experiences that would feel positive.

I think we need to try and dwell in the positive and and move away from the negative.
Old 15-06-2019, 10:54 AM
Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPunKCpElg

I think I've watched that video before that you posted Siemens. Do you like Eckhart Tolle at all. He has a dark night of the soul talk as well in the link above.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siemens
Premise:
(2) Everything I experience is precisely what my higher self wants me to experience.

Hi,

Has anyone of you experienced the phenomenon what some call “The Dark Night Of The Soul”?
I myself am going through a process of very intensive development (in a spiritual as well as a wordly sense). I gained lots of insights and transformed otherwise too. The problem is that this transformation seems to require many kinds of suffering and torments. And it seems to be necessary to relinquish almost all kinds of experiences that would feel positive.

I found some videos and was released that other people experience similar things too, for example the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPPunKCpElg

At the core of my opening, I went through one. It was related to deeper transformation and opening to a bigger picture of my containment. It was the deeper levels of fear and terror in me, religious conditioning, my fear of death and suffering. It also brought up the whole crisis of faith and seperation from true self. That was the painful part. The expansive side was opening to spiritual experiences out of the norm, looking into reality in ways where everything was connected more directly, so signs, synchronicity was 100 fold. It was only difficult and not positive because I was afraid and terrified. Fear had to be faced to move beyond the old self dying off.

The many kinds of suffering and torments became less as those deeper fears were walked through, as well as ending my torment through the mind, that kept me locked in fear base thinking.
Old 15-06-2019, 11:49 AM
Master

The feelings of doubt, hesitation, insecurity or any other contraction have nothing to do with spiritual awakening in my view. The awakening is joyous, expansive, blissful and empowering.

The contractions have their root in our own attachments manifested as fears & desires ... an egoic glue which hinders free flowing intuitive attention in the now continuum. As such, all we need to do is to let go of the lower vibrations and embrace the higher voluntarily & totally. We drop the baggage of fears & desires ... instantly and just like that!

If our attention oscillates owing to grooves of habit having momentum, our nonchalant observation of the oscillation becomes a disassociation immunising us from negativity. The ‘negativity’ harboured is an illusion. If we look at it, we will see it as such.

My take

Old 15-06-2019, 12:29 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Premise:

Hi,

"Change how you see and see how you change."
Zen quote

You could try this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiuKcjeIyjw
or - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMa-ri-2XWg
Just for starters.

While you're talking of transformations and insights, keep transforming. You reality is defined by your definitions, suffering and torments are your definitions and if you define them as such that's what you'll experience. If they are a part of your development then embrace them and don't resist because what you resist persists. But then, I guess your Higher Self wants you to experience suffering and torments because the HS is sadistic. Does that make sense?

What makes an experience positive and what makes it negative? Experiences are simply experiences and have no meaning in themselves or have anything inherent in them - and certainly not 'positive' and 'negative'. 'Positive' and 'negative' is simply nice/not nice, like/don't like, deal with/don't deal with. Acknowledge your feelings in whatever shape or form they come in, allow them to teach you something and allow them to pass. Suck it down, marine, because like them or hate them your experiences are here to help you. What often happens with the so-called negative experiences is that they are consigned to your Shadow Self, and they'll just sit there and fester.

So if you're still up for some YouTubes -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_ameLVhsIM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63nrEHcOBo&t=924
Old 15-06-2019, 02:20 PM
Guide

Looking back, I affirm I experienced ‘The Dark Night of the Soul’.
Those days were terrifying, encompassing all manner of doubts, hesitations and insecurity.

My life changed course as a result, and has since included moments of joy and positivity with a little dash of bliss, commensurate with a spiritual awakening.
The journey appears to be mostly uphill, but perhaps that is due to conditioning and beliefs which no longer serve. We’ll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Acknowledge your feelings in whatever shape or form they come in, allow them to teach you something and allow them to pass. Suck it down, marine, because like them or hate them your experiences are here to help you. What often happens with the so-called negative experiences is that they are consigned to your Shadow Self, and they'll just sit there and fester

So true!
Old 15-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Master

well the bible (revelation) talks of 'seals' against learning certain things that were to be kept secret. As far as I can tell, those 'seals' are made up of experiences we've decided we don't want. Since we don't want the experiences, we will try to avoid them, or at least try to get out of it as quickly as possible, thus we will be 'sealed' against learning the things that come from having those experiences on an ongoing basis.

Kinda like, if you are afraid of planting apple seeds to the point that you can't allow yourself to, you will never see apple trees and thus will never know the joy of eating an apple. But not having experienced it in the first place, you won't even know what you are missing.

A true 'Seal' is thus invisible and not even known by name.
Old 15-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Premise:

Hi,

https://fractalenlightenment.com/281...ht-of-the-soul