Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 18-04-2018, 08:34 PM
mindanalyzer

exorcise shadow self in dream

Have any of you experienced this?

I had a semi-lucid dream in which a saw a female being (standing by my bed looking down at my body) who had certain physical features and looked very sad.
She came to me for help in a period of my life when I was dreaming of being a warrior angel almost every night. Initially I mocked her and she did not appreciate it so she opened a huge mouth as if trying to bite me. She got me a little bit in my stomach; At that point I got angry and was going to terminate her but suddenly I felt a big shame; I felt that she needed my help

I basically touched her in the forehead and prayed an "Our father" prayer. She fell backwards as if hit by thousands of volts and started shaking ... then I woke up

Thinking about it now, I have the feeling that it was my shadow self because the physical features that she had are things in me that I hate. Could my shadow self be a female? And, what could be the meaning of me exorcising our shadow self in a dream? Does it even make sense?
Old 19-04-2018, 01:00 AM
Master
Those dreams are all about who and what you are and where your strength are.
This reminds me of some meditations of mine, were I saw myself flying through the verse holding a staff into very dark places. This is what we do.

And yes, your background is in the angelic realm.
Old 19-04-2018, 02:36 AM
mindanalyzer

But why have these angelic dreams stopped? What am I doing wrong? I miss them a lot
Old 19-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Our shadow side basically just means the parts of us we are in the dark about that may be subconscious at this point and they need to be brought out into the light of awareness to be healed. We all have male and female characteristics. The males is our active doing side while our female is our emotional nurturing side. So the dream could indicate that you have an emotional response you are totally aware of that needs your attention. Considering you say the female had the physical features you dislike about yourself the dream is about confronting how you are dealing with them. It sounds like you may mock and ridicule yourself over them and it actually causes your emotions to turn from sadness over your looks to anger that is a bit destructive. The dream saying having compassion for yourself will help heal this not condemnation. Pray on the thoughts you have about yourself and work to shift negative self views for one more loving and kind. Spirit never judges or condemns us for our faults and neither should you. In the end when we turn on ourselves we really only make matters worse and hurt ourselves. Be kind to yourself. Being human isn't easy at times.

As for your concern I don't suspect you are doing anything wrong. I would say the warrior angel symbol is possibly a manifestation of your higher wisdom. I suspect it will reappear when you need it. But maybe try before bed asking what your soul would do about the things going on in your life and maybe you will bring up dreams with the angel again. Either way it's still a part of you. You haven't lost it but may just not need it at this time. Have you resolved your self image issues? If not you may want to call on that angel to help you and see what dreams come up. Take care.
Old 19-04-2018, 01:53 PM
mindanalyzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
Our shadow side basically just means the parts of us we are in the dark about that may be subconscious at this point and they need to be brought out into the light of awareness to be healed. We all have male and female characteristics. The males is our active doing side while our female is our emotional nurturing side. So the dream could indicate that you have an emotional response you are totally aware of that needs your attention. Considering you say the female had the physical features you dislike about yourself the dream is about confronting how you are dealing with them. It sounds like you may mock and ridicule yourself over them and it actually causes your emotions to turn from sadness over your looks to anger that is a bit destructive. The dream saying having compassion for yourself will help heal this not condemnation. Pray on the thoughts you have about yourself and work to shift negative self views for one more loving and kind. Spirit never judges or condemns us for our faults and neither should you. In the end when we turn on ourselves we really only make matters worse and hurt ourselves. Be kind to yourself. Being human isn't easy at times.

As for your concern I don't suspect you are doing anything wrong. I would say the warrior angel symbol is possibly a manifestation of your higher wisdom. I suspect it will reappear when you need it. But maybe try before bed asking what your soul would do about the things going on in your life and maybe you will bring up dreams with the angel again. Either way it's still a part of you. You haven't lost it but may just not need it at this time. Have you resolved your self image issues? If not you may want to call on that angel to help you and see what dreams come up. Take care.

Thank you michelle, your words got to me and I think there is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

I believe that I have come a long way in accepting myself, and this is an area that caused a LOT of pain (and dark thoughts) in the past. Let me just say that for some years of my life I felt absolutely miserable thinking that I came to the world to suffer

Nowadays I am a lot happier with myself and on how I look at the world, I am at peace in my spirituality after having delved in several spiritual practices that never gave me any peace; I still have my inner spiritual turmoils but I think they are normal as long as I accept God as the ultimate truth, my creator and savior; I am more open and forgiving toward people [especially those that in my mind did me wrong in the past]. I used to be full of remorseful (maybe even hateful) thoughts and I believe that I have improved there too, although I still need to work on this area

I feel more at peace now because I have learned to accept my fate; I realized that swimming upstream is futile. I am simply trying to make the best with what I was given and I try not to judge myself so much and be freer with my decisions

thank you again
Elias
Old 19-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindanalyzer
Thank you michelle, your words got to me and I think there is a lot of truth in what you are saying.

I believe that I have come a long way in accepting myself, and this is an area that caused a LOT of pain (and dark thoughts) in the past. Let me just say that for some years of my life I felt absolutely miserable thinking that I came to the world to suffer

Nowadays I am a lot happier with myself and on how I look at the world, I am at peace in my spirituality after having delved in several spiritual practices that never gave me any peace; I still have my inner spiritual turmoils but I think they are normal as long as I accept God as the ultimate truth, my creator and savior; I am more open and forgiving toward people [especially those that in my mind did me wrong in the past]. I used to be full of remorseful (maybe even hateful) thoughts and I believe that I have improved there too, although I still need to work on this area

I feel more at peace now because I have learned to accept my fate; I realized that swimming upstream is futile. I am simply trying to make the best with what I was given and I try not to judge myself so much and be freer with my decisions

thank you again
Elias
They say our thoughts feed our emotions and the more negative our thoughts the more biting our emotions. It seems you have figured this truth out and have worked to change how you think for the better and I think the angel dreams likely helped you to that end. I am glad to hear you are doing better and no longer looking down on yourself. Great work.