Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > EFT

Old 31-01-2016, 06:48 PM
Newbie ;)

EFT vs blushing

Hi guys!! My ame is Juli, I am 32
I have a terrible phobia during 20 years. Blushig (+tremor, social enxiaty etc). But blushing is the most awfull.
I need advice, help I guess... about my main phobia - blushing
It began when I was 12, free young girl. It was in the subway. I was sitting in front of a man. And I decided to "play one funny game" - I just started to look at him, to his eyes. It was so funny before and so easy. So, I am looking at him, he up his eyes at me and started also looked at me. For some moment it was funny, but suddenly I begin to feel an growing anxious shame and embarassement. I started to blush... I felt so deep blushing come from my body up to my face. It seemed I even heard a blood preasure in my ears (who blush - he knows what am I talking about) I looked down, I didn’t know where to look, I wanted to rush and run away, so awfull strong this shame was, and he cotinued to look!! then maybe he felt a pity to me but he ended to look at me. Since that day my life became a hell. He BROKED me. From normal child in a month I become a pitiful creature blushing 24 hours per day. in every situation where I was not alone. Hell!!!
now I am 32. I used to this phobia, it became less awfull then when I was 13. But nothing helped to get rid of it.
The situation now (become worse again). I cannot sit in front of somebody for example in subway. Because often even a brief look at me - and I become to blush (red as a beet, I watched it in mirror several times). Cant sit on table with even relatives, on holidays - because an easy question to me or paying attention on me and I started deeply blush... everybody see it, my shame, thay also feel confusion because of me, sometimes can say "sorry Julia..." and I want to die in such moments... among friends - somebody is telling something about me "oh, Julia, bla bla" or just joking at me - I started to deeply blush!!! just because they LOOK AT ME and I am in the centre of attention!!
Or I can walk on street, and if there is someone in front of me, on the street, especcially boys, while I approach at them I started to blush as a beet, they loughed at me several times etc. real hell ((
I am 32, life is destroyed. no job, family, boyfriend. because of this... the trigger thought, is "I am being looked at", or "he (she, they) looke at me".
I tried EFT to my memories about the most awfull blushing situations, to that first situation with a man is the subway etc, but NO result. Can you help me, what phrase, HOW should I tip?... I am desperate.
Soryy of terrible english, Ju
Old 05-02-2016, 04:50 AM
Seeker

I have suffered the same issue on and off for several years. It comes and goes and has caused so much suffering. Have you tried to use EFT- just tapping, no words, when you are in the middle of having a blush attack?

Can you ask a relative or friend to stare at you so you start blushing and then just tap on all your points? I would advise to tap slowly and gently with a breath in between points, I know at times when we're stressed and tap EFT we can sometimes hit so hard and fast that it makes the anxiety worse. Also make sure you drink water so you're hydrated when you tap.

I've never tried to tap EFT when in the middle of blushing, only when I'm relaxed thinking about blushing and it didn't help. Maybe if you tapped when in the middle of blushing it could release the stress and bring about a positive change to how your body reacts.

You might also want to look into PEP, it's like EFT:

How to Do Positive Energy Psychology - PEP - (Positive EFT)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtIzYwAlMn0

PEP for feeling peaceful well-being: Positive EFT for anxiety, stress, worry, and more
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB8OaxwUD2Q

Hope it helps your situation and you find some relief :)
Old 11-02-2016, 12:06 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi, Ida.Thank for your letter!!
and advices...but usually it's impossible to tap while blush (when people are around) (
so pitty that eft didn't help you :(
Old 16-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju
but usually it's impossible to tap while blush (when people are around)
Juju, a helpful thing that I came across was learning how to "mentally" tap so that I can practice EFT or Faster EFT, even when other people are around. Let me put up a video that talks about it, if I can:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qiOmf34XY4
Old 19-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Thanks for the links.

Old 20-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Newbie ;)

thank you, Pleroo! I have tried, but not goot imagination... will try again...
Old 21-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by juju
thank you, Pleroo! I have tried, but not goot imagination... will try again...

Imagination isn't my forte either, juju. But, just briefly thinking about each tapping point in succession works for me. Another trick is just to discretely touch those tapping points rather than tapping. You won't hit all the points, necessarily, but it still has an effect.

In Faster EFT, he teaches you how to make the association between holding your wrist with your other hand and a peaceful memory/feeling. Once you have established that association (and that's just a matter of a little practice), it sticks, so then at the end of any tapping round when you grab your wrist, take a deep breath in and out while you 'let go', and say "peace", your body automatically goes into a more relaxed state. But, even without doing the tapping, once you have that association down, you can discretely hold your wrist and breathe while connecting to letting go of whatever is causing your blushing, and purposefully experience that feeling of peace.

Here's another video where Robert talks about how to aim at a feeling when you're tapping, rather than trying to come up with words. So, you don't have to be concerned about how to phrase the issue with words:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvkNIFmj7PE
Old 24-02-2016, 11:28 PM
Newbie ;)

thank you, Pleroo, you are sweet)
Old 18-04-2016, 06:57 AM
Experiencer
I see this thread has been inactive for a while, but I'm going to suggest you sit in front of a mirror and stare into your own eyes. Hold loving thoughts of the girl you were when you first played the game and began to blush. Forgive that sweet, impetuous girl (yourself) and tap love to her. Breath steadily.

I've just learned to use tapping my wrist for tension from my daughter and don't know where to suggest you tap other than there. Don't give up. What you're doing is loving yourself.
Old 19-11-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
yes i n blushh 2 i do evn wen iv dun nthgn wong i blu sh i do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔