Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 20-11-2017, 09:38 AM
Newbie ;)

Post Blockage in stomach?

Hello everyone

This is my first post here, and actually the reason I got here is because I wanted to ask this question.

So I've been meditating for a couple of years, nothing too special mostly awareness, body scan, mindfulness. After each meditation I feel very good and there is something I really like- that I feel something like tingleling all over my body. It's like realising I'm not sure how to explain it.

Everything is good, but what i noticed is that I feel it everywhere, except in my abdominal. When I'm trying to do the body scan I also find it hard when I have to go trough my stomach. Somehow I reach my feet but I think I do it by skiping the stomach.

So the question is, what do you guys think might be the case? Do you feel that awsome realising feeling when you meditate in your stomach or it shouldn't feel anything there? Might there be a blockage of some kind? I always felt my stomach a little too tense and if there is this blockage what can i do to open this blockage?

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!
Old 20-11-2017, 11:39 AM
Master
First off, welcome to the forum - nice to meet you

Sounds like you may have a blockage there, yeah. I imagine it's quite common, because the abdomen is the biggest nerve centre in your body (I believe there are something like 70,000 nerve-endings in that region) and so there's very often a build-up of tension there. What I find useful to relieve tension in that area of my body is deep belly-breathing - you inhale slowly through your nose, pushing the stomach out as far as it'll go, and then you exhale slowly through the mouth. Do this for however long feels necessary.

Hope that helps
Old 20-11-2017, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzz920
Hello everyone

This is my first post here, and actually the reason I got here is because I wanted to ask this question.o

So I've been meditating for a couple of years, nothing too special mostly awareness, body scan, mindfulness. After each meditation I feel very good and there is something I really like- that I feel something like tingleling all over my body. It's like realising I'm not sure how to explain it.

Everything is good, but what i noticed is that I feel it everywhere, except in my abdominal. When I'm trying to do the body scan I also find it hard when I have to go trough my stomach. Somehow I reach my feet but I think I do it by skiping the stomach.

So the question is, what do you guys think might be the case? Do you feel that awsome realising feeling when you meditate in your stomach or it shouldn't feel anything there? Might there be a blockage of some kind? I always felt my stomach a little too tense and if there is this blockage what can i do to open this blockage?

Thanks in advance! Have a nice day!

Hi, you might find some answers if you Google ' Dantien ' in simple words, Chi reservoir. TCM believes the stomach holds our chi and stores it until you distribute it throught your meridians. It does feel like a very heavy ball inside. Are you familiar with Qigong ?
Tingling is a sign of chi moving around so it could be related, I am not saying 100% it is but it's worth exploring if it is bothering you What you can do is a ' Chi Massage ' around your stomach, always going clockwise first then anti-clockwise in equal amounts ( Yin/Yang ) best done with some oil or moisturiser cream. Hope this helps.
Old 21-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks guys!

I tryed the deep belly-breathing and after a while i actually felt the blockage. After I felt where it is (on the waist) it was easy to accept it and let it go. Now i can connect easy my whole body going trough my stomach... it's funny how easy it was!!

Sky123 Never heard of Quigong but I'll check it. Also the massage sound nice :).

Thank you for your response!!! Have a great day!
Old 21-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenzz920
Thanks guys!

I tryed the deep belly-breathing and after a while i actually felt the blockage. After I felt where it is (on the waist) it was easy to accept it and let it go. Now i can connect easy my whole body going trough my stomach... it's funny how easy it was!!

Sky123 Never heard of Quigong but I'll check it. Also the massage sound nice :).

Thank you for your response!!! Have a great day!

We usually have some parts of the body which are hard to feel as the conscious awareness hasn't woken up in those parts yet. If you breath deep belly of course you create a sensation there which is easy to feel, so probably best to return to normal light breathing now.