Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 26-11-2017, 02:37 AM
Knower
OK different question :

Why she was very against hanging a picture of symbol on the wall

there was an example of a student that i heared the student herself say it not only the teacher - she said it caused her some bad stuff , i dont remember exactly what she said like bad energy or ghosts or something like that

and this came from the student herself without any connection to the teacher
Old 31-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Knower

I just recently{days} have looked into Reiki and I have to say the one symbol that looks like an eye does bring up negatives to me about Reiki. I have seen the eye symbol referred to as being demonic and from secret societies that practice bad juju.

I have to say I am so wanting to become a master practitioner of Reiki and I am going to make a big effort in finding a very good teacher or class for it. I believe I will be led to it.

I am in the Houston,TX area. Does anyone know of a great teacher or classes in this area?
Old 31-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Master
If I scribble a shape on a piece of paper, and hand it to you, does it do anything to you? Well, if you recognize the shape, it might trigger feelings of whatever you connect to that shape. Would the shape be good or bad? Well that's a matter of how you perceive that image to be that decides to you if it's good or bad. If you see the shape as something scary, then to you, it will be scary. If someone else perceives the shape to be positive, then to them, it will be.

The symbols are that, to an untrained person. Just a symbol. It has no power, until the person puts their intentions into it. A Reiki practitioner draws power from the symbol because they are attuned into the practitioner, and at the same time, what truly gives it power, is the intention behind it. So if you are using this symbol with this intention behind, then you are truly giving it power.

IMO, you should seek a different teacher than the one you have teaching you now. Your teacher should not be leaving you with feelings of fear, and paranoia. It sounds to me your teacher has more healing to do within themselves before they should be teaching. Second, the your teacher should also know that Reiki does no harm. So they can not be of good conscious to say looking at a Reiki symbol will do harm if Reiki does no harm.

What looking at a Reiki symbol can do, is can cause healing to take place within an individual and start them on a course of changing their life around. But a person can not receive any healing, or energy, without themselves accepting it. Otherwise the energy just goes right on back to where it came from. You can't heal someone who does not want to be healed.

Hope this helps you some.
Old 31-12-2017, 10:21 PM
Knower

Seek a different teacher? I just got into this yesterday and as I said I am looking for one.

Well from what I read today about Reiki 1 is that we are not healing anyone. We are just channeling the energy and the person we are tending to uses the energy to heal themselves. In the true sense we are not healers. I guess it depends on how one looks at it.

I was watching a video that was talking about difference between a Japanese doctor and a US doctor. The things a US doctor pulls out of his bag is a whole lot scarier.
Old 31-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by open2it
Seek a different teacher? I just got into this yesterday and as I said I am looking for one.

Well from what I read today about Reiki 1 is that we are not healing anyone. We are just channeling the energy and the person we are tending to uses the energy to heal themselves. In the true sense we are not healers. I guess it depends on how one looks at it.

I was watching a video that was talking about difference between a Japanese doctor and a US doctor. The things a US doctor pulls out of his bag is a whole lot scarier.

A healer holds space for a person that is coming for healing. The person that is receiving the healing, is the one who is truly doing the healing. The healer channels the universal energies through themselves into the person who is healing. The healer is merely a channel, and at times a guide during a persons healing journey.

The main differences it that a western doctor heals symptoms as they arise and hardly ever gets to the root cause of an issue within an individual. If both sides worked more harmoniously much deeper healing can be achieved. Sometimes a physical healing needs to be done.
Old 31-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Knower
the thing is there was a student who hang a few images of reiki on her house wall and it had bad effect on her
Old 06-02-2018, 05:13 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by water drop
the thing is there was a student who hang a few images of Reiki on her house wall and it had bad effect on her
This is quite possible. Imagine that she was indoctrinated about keeping the Reiki symbols 'holy' and not use them in a profane way.
Then she puts them up in the house, maybe to impress others or start a conversation, knowing that she should not do it, at least not according to her teacher.
She might start to generate ill feelings unconsciously, but that is not because of any inherent power in the symbols but because she generates them in her mind.

Now she tells the story, one to confess, and two to get some absolution from the people at the meeting.