Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 21-04-2019, 01:37 AM
Newbie ;)

Just a thought, but...

Think of the ouiji board, the spirit box, and possessed inanimate objects. Possessed haunted dolls. Stories of negative spirits communicating through these sources.

Would creating AIs allow negative spirits an empty vessel to possess? This time using technology to have their own voice and a body to move around in. Is it so different? Could something like this occur?

Who knows our next horror movie, possessed AI robots. Great.
Old 21-04-2019, 01:56 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFeather
Just a thought, but...

Think of the ouiji board, the spirit box, and possessed inanimate objects. Possessed haunted dolls. Stories of negative spirits communicating through these sources.

Would creating AIs allow negative spirits an empty vessel to possess? This time using technology to have their own voice and a body to move around in. Is it so different? Could something like this occur?

Who knows our next horror movie, possessed AI robots. Great.

shhhh... don't feed the aliens with ideas for the next play! lol!
Old 09-05-2019, 01:56 AM
ketzer

Well, when you consider some of the stuff coming out of modern neuropsychology (e.g. Michael S. Gazzaniga's stuff) and some of the teachings of the buddha (e.g. no self) , one starts to get the idea that nature already invented artificial intelligence, and it is represented in the human mind.

We talk about inventing an artificial ego, but are not all ego's already artificial creations. A model of "self" developed in the mind over a lifetime of experiences. A model that in the end is not really all that accurate. And if the ego is really just a working model of "me", then where is this "intelligent" "me" that I take for granted exists. Is it possible that this artificially created "ego me" that the brain created to represent a self, this "brain illusion" is the only individual me there is, at least for this lifetime anyway?

I suppose it may one day be that a race of machines looks back on homosapiens as a stage in its own evolution and marvels at how far it has evolved from those frail and primitive semi-intelligent life forms. Much like we look back at australopithecus or homo erectus as primitive forms of ourselves. And I suppose there is no reason that behind/within those machines may be a soul experiencing life as a more advanced and more intelligent life form.