Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-05-2018, 09:21 AM
Eelco

Fell in love with this song the other day..

https://youtu.be/L35T1d4Yd9Y
Dum dum project, Jaia Ganesha

With Love
Eelco
Old 27-05-2018, 09:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelco
Fell in love with this song the other day..

https://youtu.be/L35T1d4Yd9Y
Dum dum project, Jaia Ganesha

With Love
Eelco
Thank you. I needed that.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:21 PM
Master

In my opinion, bhakti means to be in love with God.
Old 18-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Master
There is no joy in knowing what cannot be known,
Seeking explanations for the inexplicable,
Going around in circles, getting nowhere,
What use is it?

In the process, I forgot that which I loved until I felt nothing,
Closing my heart off to you in all rationality,
Trying to think my way out of love...becoming totally miserable,
Letting this boat capsize on the waves of opinion.

In wanting to feel, I felt.
In wanting to love, I loved.

If my own mind cannot talk me out of loving you...nobody else can.

I love you, Shiva...but you already knew that.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 19-11-2018, 04:42 AM
Master
Yesterday, I was watching a video by Ram Dass...I was crying and laughing at the same time all the way through it. Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/J-iB1CwKku0

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 07-12-2018, 04:52 AM
Master
The Love that is Shiva

Namaste.

Today, I woke up experiencing the weirdest sensation...I woke up TO love, feeling as giddy as a schoolgirl with a new puppy.

I sat in that feeling for a while, just going with it despite having a huge Cheshire Cat-like silly grin from ear to ear, then I decided that I wanted to fully explore it...find out the 'what' and the 'why' behind it.

The immediate thing I felt, was that Lord Shiva was very pleased with me, proud and happy that I had finally decided to get around to doing what it was that I was born to do... translate the Scriptures.

When I said that the Scriptures had been translated hundreds of times already, I got how all the literal translations of just words, approximating to the closest English equivalent, without really looking for the correct definition within context, wasn't doing the Scriptures any justice whatsoever, in the attempts to be understood by a wider audience.

All I could say was "Aaaah, I get it now".

Anyway, after that I decided to jump in my car and just drive around..

I had $10 to last me for a week... NOTHING in my refrigerator or pantry, so I thought about getting a loaf of bread and some milk as that would be a good start, because my stomach was growling.

On the way to the supermarket, I passed by the Salvation Army charity store and I decided to go in and take a quick look around.

In a glass cabinet inside the shop, I saw an old Radio Shack radio (still new, in the box)....I have been after the same model and brand for years, so I could hack it into a great "ghost box" but I didn't want to go through the hassle of creating an EBAY account and looking every so often in the hopes that one of these would show up.

So I asked the lady behind the counter how much it was...she said "it is two dollars, but you can have it for a dollar" and with that, I said "YES PLEASE".
Then the lady behind the counter said; "listen, I don't know if you would be interested, but this morning, the Church dumped dozens of large boxes full of fruit and vegetables on us and told us to just hand them out for free to whoever...would you like one? " and again, I repeated the "YES PLEASE" and so she fetched it..and it was HUGE! full of mangoes, apples, bananas, potatoes, carrots, avocados, tomatoes, spinach...all ripe and just starting to get a little soft, but not overly so...I would have to cook a lot of it and freeze it..but it was food! It was sustenance!

I thanked the lady again, closed my eyes and also thanked Lord Shiva, then I got a shopping cart and with my radio in hand and the box of free produce in my cart, I made my way to the supermarket.

As I was heading towards the supermarket, I passed by a bakery and I though "I may as well get my loaf of bread in here" and as I walked in, I noticed a baker walking out with a tray full of bread rolls, loaves, pastries and cakes.
I pretty much bumped into him. I apologised for being absent minded and not looking where I was going and then the baker said to me "no problems at all..It was probably my fault anyway..hey listen, I am just off to the trash with all of these...they were baked yesterday... nothing wrong with them, but I can't sell them...would you like to take some home? Have as many as you like free of charge!" I said "Oh wow! yes please! so kind of you" and I helped myself to about half the items he had on his tray. Once again, I thanked him, said a silent prayer to Lord Shiva which included how much it was that I loved Him, put the pastries inside two plastic shopping bags and added them to the cart where the box of fruit & veg was.

I finally arrived at the supermarket to get some milk, only to find that the thermostat on the milk fridge stopped working that morning and the milk, even though it was still fresh (they got it in yesterday) went off the chill and they had no space in any of the other fridges to put it...I sorta said that didn't matter to me, as I could go home immediately and place it in MY fridge! I ended up being given four litres...for nothing!

In that went, into my trolley and I became SO overwhelmed with gratitude and devotion, tears were streaming down my face and I had to sit down before I fell down!

With that, a young girl of about 5 or 6 came up to me...gave me a rather puzzled look and said "why are you crying?" Then, she reached inside her pocket and pulled out a wilted daisy...giving it to me and saying "here, lady...take it..I hope it makes you happy". I smiled at her and said that it already had and she smiled back, before her parents called her away, giving her the whole "what have we told you about talking to strangers?" lecture.

With that, I fully surrendered my heart again to Lord Shiva with a "YOU WIN...how can I EVER top this?" and all I heard and felt within myself was a resounding laughter and I knew that it would take a while for me to get over this...If I ever could!

Aum Namah Shivaya
AUM NAMAH SHIVAYA!!! HARA HARA MAHADEV!!! JAI SHIVA SHAMBHO!!!
Old 04-01-2019, 02:46 AM
Master
Namaste.

No matter what I apply for in life and no matter how much I apply myself TO it, I never meet the "eligibility criteria" for existence here....no matter whether that is applying for insurance, medical assistance, a volunteer job, club memberships... you name it...and after a lifetime of rejection after rejection, failed appeal after failed appeal, it isn't difficult to see that I have been totally "ineligible" for basic human rights since birth...ergo, I am NOT a human being.

The only thing I AM eligible for, is to be a Shiva Bhakta...to love Lord Shiva.. because God will never reject me...God will never say "no" because I don't meet a specific criteria or standard..God accepts me and loves me regardless of my total "ineligibility" to be a human being according to the political and financial ways of the superficial world.

Also, even though it hurts, I get the distinct feeling that Shiva creates all of these social judgments against me and people who like to PLAY "God" with other people's lives, for me to realise that I do not NEED anything or anyone else EXCEPT for Lord Shiva... because I am tired of hearing "I am sorry to inform you that your application has been rejected/denied because you do not meet our eligibility criteria" (i.e you don't have enough money to afford us).

No matter what anybody else says, from all of my OWN perceptions and personal experiences, the world IS Maya, because if it were not, why do people, in exactly the SAME situations and with exactly the SAME problems, get treated differently depending upon the mood of the "rubber stamp dude" they get on that day?

If the world just went "my way" ONCE, then I would believe it is NOT Maya...So much for me "creating my own reality" thing...tried that, don't work, got T-shirt...So the ONLY reality that I ever get to experience, is the one I DON'T create...and I should be very happy about that, but it tends to make existence in this 3D "reality" a painful chore if you weren't meant to have ANYTHING to do with Maya in the first place!

Time to do some fasting and tapasya to show the world that I no longer NEED it...and to build up my physical resilience so I can attain MAHA SAMADHI effortlessly, when society wants to destroy me through attrition..they can have my physical body..they can have everything I own, but they will never get my mind, heart and soul...those belong to Shiva.

Aum Bhuteshvaraya Namah
Old 11-01-2019, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

No matter what I apply for in life and no matter how much I apply myself TO it, I never meet the "eligibility criteria" for existence here....no matter whether that is applying for insurance, medical assistance, a volunteer job, club memberships... you name it...and after a lifetime of rejection after rejection, failed appeal after failed appeal, it isn't difficult to see that I have been totally "ineligible" for basic human rights since birth...ergo, I am NOT a human being.

The only thing I AM eligible for, is to be a Shiva Bhakta...to love Lord Shiva.. because God will never reject me...God will never say "no" because I don't meet a specific criteria or standard..God accepts me and loves me regardless of my total "ineligibility" to be a human being according to the political and financial ways of the superficial world.

Also, even though it hurts, I get the distinct feeling that Shiva creates all of these social judgments against me and people who like to PLAY "God" with other people's lives, for me to realise that I do not NEED anything or anyone else EXCEPT for Lord Shiva... because I am tired of hearing "I am sorry to inform you that your application has been rejected/denied because you do not meet our eligibility criteria" (i.e you don't have enough money to afford us).

No matter what anybody else says, from all of my OWN perceptions and personal experiences, the world IS Maya, because if it were not, why do people, in exactly the SAME situations and with exactly the SAME problems, get treated differently depending upon the mood of the "rubber stamp dude" they get on that day?

If the world just went "my way" ONCE, then I would believe it is NOT Maya...So much for me "creating my own reality" thing...tried that, don't work, got T-shirt...So the ONLY reality that I ever get to experience, is the one I DON'T create...and I should be very happy about that, but it tends to make existence in this 3D "reality" a painful chore if you weren't meant to have ANYTHING to do with Maya in the first place!

Time to do some fasting and tapasya to show the world that I no longer NEED it...and to build up my physical resilience so I can attain MAHA SAMADHI effortlessly, when society wants to destroy me through attrition..they can have my physical body..they can have everything I own, but they will never get my mind, heart and soul...those belong to Shiva.

Aum Bhuteshvaraya Namah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfqXRwxIu84
Old 11-01-2019, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Namaste.

Thank you, David.

I have seen most of Sadhguru's lectures... haven't seen that one before though.

You know though, it gets really sad when somebody is afraid to admit that they are a Bhakta for the potential dangers that it could do to one's reputation...very sad indeed.

I am pretty much "over myself" though, and it actually took Eckhart Tolle to ground me.

A few months ago, I picked up Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat lectures on DVD from my local Op Shop for two dollars...I never got around to watching them...put it on my "to do at a later date" list..

Last night I was at a loose (and my wits) end...so I got them out and watched them... Unfortunately, Ekharts voice is like audio valium for me...fell asleep half way through, but not before hearing what I needed to.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 12-01-2019, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

Thank you, David.

I have seen most of Sadhguru's lectures... haven't seen that one before though.

You know though, it gets really sad when somebody is afraid to admit that they are a Bhakta for the potential dangers that it could do to one's reputation...very sad indeed.

I am pretty much "over myself" though, and it actually took Eckhart Tolle to ground me.

A few months ago, I picked up Eckhart Tolle's Findhorn Retreat lectures on DVD from my local Op Shop for two dollars...I never got around to watching them...put it on my "to do at a later date" list..

Last night I was at a loose (and my wits) end...so I got them out and watched them... Unfortunately, Ekharts voice is like audio valium for me...fell asleep half way through, but not before hearing what I needed to.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Because of the 'glint in his eye' smile, I took SG's 'secret confession' stance to be tongue-in-cheek.