Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 04:53 PM
DASA

Originally Posted by AL

[quote=Space_Man]
[color=#444938][font=Verdana] Wow! That
Old 02-03-2006, 05:19 PM
AL

too good to be true

but can't really go for the last part of your statement:
"How can I be blamed for something which was always going to happen."

So, is that a way of saying, I dont trust myself, I might just go and mug an old granny because I will get away with it?kind of thing.
ok, so, Nothing is black and white, including pre destiny/ free will conundrum.
Al*

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:22 PM
DASA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
So,is that a way of saying,I dont trust myself,I might just go and mug an old granny because I will get away with it?kind of thing.
ok,so,Nothing is black and white,including pre destiny/free will conundrum.

I'd say that we are always held responsible for our intentions, which then ultimately lead to our actions. Either if the results are pre-destined, or not - still we are responsible. I don't think it's right to blame any of our own personal wrong-doings on fate or God.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:32 AM
AL

All God's fault

I feel compelled to second that statement. Blaming THE ONE is a cop-out, it allows us to denounce any responsibility for our actions (to contradict myself) which we will have to face up to at some point.
For every action, there is a reaction,......in this pre destined drama/play......
Al*

Last edited by AL : 11-11-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:00 PM
Mart

On the free will question. If you did have free will you might go out and rob a granny, but you don't because you are inexorably being pulled towards the truth which at your atate of advancement i guess you realise that robbing a granny will cause you more pain than it's worth, so your will becomes less free the more you understand about suffering and how to avoid it. You can fight the truth and make your life harder, in that you have a choice, you can choose to act against or surrender to it, but if you want peace eternally you do not have any other choice than to surrender and be humble in the face of the truth/God/peace/love/krishna/allah etc.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:02 PM
Mart

I wrote this a while ago.

We are all in a river that leads to the sea. The scenery along the river banks is constantly changing.

Some of us choose to try and swim against the current back to a place where we have been. But the current is too strong and that effort is in vain as we are swept along. And we tire ourselves out, and we bump into other swimmers making their journey more difficult and we miss all the beautiful scenery along the river banks.

Some of us choose to swim with the current to a place that we have been told about. We swim with our heads down missing all the beauty on the river banks and barging other swimmers as we go, pushing them under the water as we struggle to get past them. By the time we reach our destination we are too tired to appreciate it before the current sweeps us past.

Some of us make no effort. We sit on a raft and drift with the current, amazed and entertained by the ever changing scenery along the river banks and amused by the frantic exertions of those around us. We can avoid all the barging and bumping because we can see it coming and we can steer ourselves clear of it.
The changing scenery inspires us and we do not get tired.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 PM
auricman

Post Lucifer

Here is a explaneation i found on another site refering to lucifer and what happend to him. hope it explanes well :S

Lucifer

The name "Lucifer" means "Light Giver" or "Light Bearer".
Light giver referring to the morning or evening star, Venus. Actually the name meant to mean the "Brightest Star".
That later was translated to "Eosphorus" (Greek word for Morning Star) and finally to Lucifer. In mythology he is the son of Aurora (the Roman personification of dawn) and the father Ceyx (Greek). Contrary to popular belief, Satan and Lucifer are two separate fallen angels. His banishment was because of his complete egotism and pure malice -- his sin, pride. This then indicates that Lucifer, not Satan was indeed the first angel to have sinned. Lucifer has been equated to Satan due to the misreading of the passage Isaiah 14:12 that was applied to the King of Babylon --

..."How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! ...

First concept of this passage is that is was a mention to a man, a king who ruled the city of Babylon on that time.
The second concept is that it was also a reference to Samael, a cosmic being and the Seraphim of Purity, who descended from Heaven to oversee Hell.

The Isaiah's passage, as far as it is related to Lucifer (and in this case it is originally to Samael) is actually a lament when the "Son of the Dawn", the brightest Light from Heaven descend from his former position of Seraphim of Purity to rule also over the Underworld (Sheol) and Hell and oversee the punishment of the iniquitous.
The fact is that Samael descended, **he did not fall**. The lament is that when a being of his height and light had to descend from his original place in Heaven to work for God in Hell, shook the nations! Samael is also the sovereign of the 5th, 6th and 7th Heavens.

The actual name "Devil" was applied to Lucifer when early theologians identified him with the falling star in the passage from Isaiah, hence how Satan and Lucifer started to become interchangeable. We must point out here that writers of that time, did not know of fallen angels yet, through some passages point to the behavior of angels as less than "holly" from time to time throughout the Old Testament.

Lucifer was a "great" Archangel, Prince, and the anointed Cherub (7th Dimension - Cherubim). Ever after his fall he still seems to retain some of his power and ancient title. There are many different variations of stories and legends on Lucifer.

WHO IS HE?
Is Lucifer the opposite of God?
Lucifer cannot be God's opposite because he was created by God.
Lucifer is the opposite of Michael. (the Head Archangel)
Old 05-03-2006, 08:49 PM
DASA

Is this message pre-destined?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL
For every action,there is a reaction,......in this pre destined drama/play.........no,Dont go there. Al*

I'm trying my best not to ...
Closed Thread