Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-07-2017, 10:00 AM
Master
The other thing is that Jesus' spirit guide is Lord Maitreya, who is the Higher Self of Buddha, Krishna, Moses and others. So I really don't know about the Way to the Father.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:23 PM
Pathfinder

Jesus is the Way the Truth and the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
I recently responded to a new(ish) post from community member "JesusIsLord" where they directed thread viewers to a YouTube video talking about Jesus being the supreme path, and that other chosen paths (in this case, usage of plant medicines) are "inferior" or "incorrect".

The thread was deleted and my post is gone (not sure why), but I'm still curious about this attitude. I was on the Christian path for many years before changing direction and going a different way, and while on that path I believed that anyone not on the "Jesus path" was lost and doomed.

I have since amended my beliefs (5 years ago I changed directions) and I am now very accepting of, and open to considering a broader view of things in this regard. I am accepting of others wherever they are on whatever path they are walking, and I can see that my walk with Jesus helped me to come to the path I am now walking, and was necessary to bring me here.

I will not disrespect anyone who walks with Jesus because that is their path and their timing. They may or may not one day move beyond that way of thinking, just like some will one day move from their current path apart from Christianity, to walking one with Jesus.

So again, I'm curious about the rigid attitude that Christianity is the "only way". This question is for any and all Christians (and others) who care to engage. I am asking with a sincere desire to understand and grow in knowledge and wisdom, and I am not being provocative or inciting division.

Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

If so, why?

What is to become of people who walk a path apart from Christianity?

John 14:6

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Berean Study Bible
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, if not by Me.

New American Standard Bible
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This is what the Bible says. This is not just an opinion.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessy

English Standard Version
Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Berean Study Bible
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Berean Literal Bible
Jesus says to him, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father, if not by Me.

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

This is what the Bible says. This is not just an opinion.

Yes but Jesus missed out a very important word, ONLY.
He was speaking to his Disciples so of course he wanted them to follow him and his teachings but he never said his teachings are the ONLY way. He was an Enlightened Master and would have known there are many paths leading to the same source..
Old 01-07-2017, 03:49 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes but Jesus missed out a very important word, ONLY.
He was speaking to his Disciples so of course he wanted them to follow him and his teachings but he never said his teachings are the ONLY way. He was an Enlightened Master and would have known there are many paths leading to the same source..

1 John 5:12

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.

King James Bible
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.

John 8: 12

New International Version
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

New Living Translation
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

English Standard Version
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Berean Study Bible
Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

Berean Literal Bible
Therefore Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The one following Me shall not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

King James Bible
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1 Tim 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

King James Bible
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For there is one God and one mediator between God and humanity, Christ Jesus, Himself human,

International Standard Version
There is one God. There is also one mediator between God and human beings—a human, the Messiah Jesus.

Romans 6:23 ESV

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

Conclusion:
Either (1) Jesus is the way and no man can come to the Father but by Him, the only mediator between man and God, He who is THE light of the world
Or
(2) the Bible is not true

It is logically absurd that all religions are all true at the same time!
Old 01-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
1 John 5:12

He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life.
King James Bible
He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

King James Bible
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: NO MAN cometh unto the Father, BUT BY ME.

John 8: 12

New International Version
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

New Living Translation
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life."

English Standard Version
Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

Berean Study Bible
Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

Berean Literal Bible
Therefore Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. The one following Me shall not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life."

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life."

King James Bible
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

1 Tim 2:5

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

King James Bible
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Holman Christian Standard Bible
For there is one God and one mediator between God and humanity, Christ Jesus, Himself human,

International Standard Version
There is one God. There is also one mediator between God and human beings—a human, the Messiah Jesus.

Romans 6:23 ESV

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord

Conclusion:
Either (1) Jesus is the way and no man can come to the Father but by Him, the only mediator between man and God, He who is THE light of the world
Or
(2) the Bible is not true

It is logically absurd that all religions are all true at the same time!

It is absurd that all religions are the same, they are different paths to the same destination.
Consciouness is the same at the same time though, we all came from one source and we will all return to the same source regardless
Old 01-07-2017, 05:01 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
It is absurd that all religions are the same, they are different paths to the same destination.
Consciouness is the same at the same time though, we all came from one source and we will all return to the same source regardless

What do you have to back up your belief? If this is only your opinion then what weight does it carry?

What you are saying contradicts what the Bible teaches (see the Scriptures I quoted). Why do you think that you know better than what is taught in the Book?
Old 01-07-2017, 05:28 PM
Master
Quote:
What do you have to back up your belief? If this is only your opinion then what weight does it carry?

What you are saying contradicts what the Bible teaches (see the Scriptures I quoted). Why do you think that you know better than what is taught in the Book?

The book was written by people just like you and me, that is why you have different versions. What do the writers of the books have to back up their beliefs.... they have their own interpretations just like I do.

We come from and return to the same source ' Consciouness ' you can call it ' Christ's Consciouness or Buddha Nature or Source or God '
It has different names according to your beliefs, like many paths that lead to the same ' Source '
Old 01-07-2017, 06:28 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
The book was written by people just like you and me, that is why you have different versions. What do the writers of the books have to back up their beliefs.... they have their own interpretations just like I do.

We come from and return to the same source ' Consciouness ' you can call it ' Christ's Consciouness or Buddha Nature or Source or God '
It has different names according to your beliefs, like many paths that lead to the same ' Source '

Not True.
There have been hundreds of books written on the subject of the evidences of the divine inspiration of the Bible, and these evidences are many and varied. Most people today, unfortunately, have not read any of these books. In fact, few have even read the Bible itself! Thus, many people tend to go along with the popular delusion that the Bible is full of mistakes and is no longer relevant to our modern world.

Nevertheless the Bible writers claimed repeatedly that they were transmitting the very Word of God, infallible and authoritative in the highest degree. This is an amazing thing for any writer to say, and if the forty or so men who wrote the Scriptures were wrong in these claims, then they must have been lying, or insane, or both.

But, on the other hand, if the greatest and most influential book of the ages, containing the most beautiful literature and the most perfect moral code ever devised, was written by deceiving fanatics, then what hope is there for ever finding meaning and purpose in this world?

If one will seriously investigate these Biblical evidences, he will find that their claims of divine inspiration (stated over 3,000 times, in various ways) were amply justified.justified.

Fulfilled Prophecies

The remarkable evidence of fulfilled prophecy is just one case in point. Hundreds of Bible prophecies have been fulfilled, specifically and meticulously, often long after the prophetic writer had passed away.

For example, Daniel the prophet predicted in about 538 BC (Daniel 9:24-27) that Christ would come as Israel’s promised Savior and Prince 483 years after the Persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. This was clearly and definitely fulfilled, hundreds of years later.

There are extensive prophecies dealing with individual nations and cities and with the course of history in general, all of which have been literally fulfilled. More than 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Himself at His first coming. Other prophecies deal with the spread of Christianity, as well as various false religions, and many other subjects.

There is no other book, ancient or modern, like this. The vague, and usually erroneous, prophecies of people like Jeanne Dixon, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and others like them are not in the same category at all, and neither are other religious books such as the Koran, the Confucian Analects, and similar religious writings. Only the Bible manifests this remarkable prophetic evidence, and it does so on such a tremendous scale as to render completely absurd any explanation other than divine revelation.

Unique Historical Accuracy

Ebla Tablet. Courtesy of Associates for Biblical Research.
Learn more about Archaeology and the Bible
The historical accuracy of the Scriptures is likewise in a class by itself, far superior to the written records of Egypt, Assyria, and other early nations. Archeological confirmations of the Biblical record have been almost innumerable in the last century. Dr. Nelson Glueck, probably the greatest modern authority on Israeli archeology, has said:

“No archeological discovery has ever controverted a Biblical reference. Scores of archeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or in exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of Biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries.”

Scientific Accuracy

Another striking evidence of divine inspiration is found in the fact that many of the principles of modern science were recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientist confirmed them experimentally. A sampling of these would include:

Roundness of the Earth (Isaiah 40:22)

Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)

Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

and many others.

These are not stated in the technical jargon of modern science, of course, but in terms of the basic world of man’s everyday experience; nevertheless, they are completely in accord with the most modern scientific facts.

It is significant also that no real mistake has ever been demonstrated in the Bible—in science, in history, or in any other subject. Many have been claimed, of course, but conservative Bible scholars have always been able to work out reasonable solutions to all such problems.

Unique Structure

The remarkable structure of the Bible should also be stressed. Although it is a collection of 66 books, written by 40 or more different men over a period of 2,000 years, it is clearly one Book, with perfect unity and consistency throughout.

The individual writers, at the time of writing, had no idea that their message was eventually to be incorporated into such a Book, but each nevertheless fits perfectly into place and serves its own unique purpose as a component of the whole. Anyone who diligently studies the Bible will continually find remarkable structural and mathematical patterns woven throughout its fabric, with an intricacy and symmetry incapable of explanation by chance or collusion.

The one consistent theme of the Bible, developing in grandeur from Genesis to Revelation, is God’s great work in the creation and redemption of all things, through His only Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Bible’s Unique Effect

The Bible is unique also in terms of its effect on individual men and on the history of nations. It is the all-time best seller, appealing both to hearts and minds, beloved by at least some in every race or nation or tribe to which it has gone, rich or poor, scholar or simple, king or commoner, men of literally every background and walk of life. No other book has ever held such universal appeal nor produced such lasting effects.

One final evidence that the Bible is true is found in the testimony of those who have believed it. Multitudes of people, past and present, have found from personal experience that its promises are true, its counsel is sound, its commands and restrictions are wise, and its wonderful message of salvation meets every need for both time and eternity.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:09 AM
Knower
Quote:
Not True.

Check out Richard Carrier on YouTube
Old 02-07-2017, 02:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Tree
Hello Morpheus. I know your questions are meant for shoni7510, but I'd like to take a stab at them.

1) Who in the world would have a problem with Jesus?

Answer: I can't speak for others, though I am aware that many people are adverse to the message of Christianity. I personally have absolutely no problem with Jesus nor the Christ speaking through the man.

2) What did He say to put you off?

Answer: Jesus (at least the bible version of him) said nothing that offends me. Jesus was a man speaking as the Christ Spirit (Holy Spirit) endowed him. Remember, whenever "Jesus" says "I" he is speaking as from the Christ consciousness within.

3) You think that Buddhists are antagonistic of Him?

Answer: Buddhists in general? No. Some Buddhists? Perhaps. Again, I cannot speak for others.

You also added...

"For there is no other name under Heaven, by which a man can be saved."

The "name" in this line is the "Christ" within the man Jesus. I too believe that no soul will know God apart from Christ (awakened consciousness).

I have a question for you...

Why do you take the bible as the only truth when there are many texts which predate the bible that also talk about consciousness the way Jesus did (in differing speech and frame)?

Green, true, before I understood about salvation, I was enraptured by Jesus' words, and His works. Convinced and convicted by the Holy Spirit that He was Who He said He is.
Then also I learned about salvation, and how Jesus accomplished it for me, according to God's design and intention.

He died for me.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein