Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-07-2017, 10:26 AM
Master
I woke up the other night feeling hard to bear emotions, and after trying to deal with it for a little while I remembered that I need to just surrender to the feeling whatever it is. I got up (in the middle of the night) and googled Rumi's "The guesthouse" because I knew it would support what I needed to do, read it a few times as well as a couple of commentary's about it, then went back to bed and surrendered to the feeling, which also had the happy side effect of allowing me to fall asleep again. Rumi brilliance

The Guest House

This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.

A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.

Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
He may be clearing you out
for some new delight.

The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.

Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.

-Rumi
Old 05-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Master
Thanks for sharing! :)

It also makes me think about what others say, such as Krishnamurti and Douglas Rushkoff ~ but this is a Rumi thread so:

Old 07-07-2017, 05:13 PM
Master
Old 13-07-2017, 07:44 PM
Master
Old 17-07-2017, 04:47 PM
Master
Old 17-07-2017, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account

"She spins, this great earth goddess, upon invisible strings amongst a wildly pulsating ballet of life. Stars are born, live and die all around her. Life moves in constant flux, and still she spins in her great, loving, constant pirouette. How can this be? All of creation is born from nothing; out of endless silence and darkness, light emerges. What strange magic is this? The sun heats the solar system and burns with the power to destroy life; yet, it is a force by which life is sustained. Surely this makes no sense and cannot be? We dance in the realm of the impossible made possible constantly, you and I. We are so engrossed in it, so familiar with it and yet blind to it, that these constant impossibilities happening in every moment fail to inspire us. Yet what are your biggest, boldest, most extraordinarily impossible dreams compared to this great impossibility of life itself? Ah, they are but tiny seeds in the Creator's masterful hand being now planted in the heavenly garden. Yes, they are being planted right now, for the moon tells us the time is right. Most tenderly shall they be watched over, nurtured into fullness according to the season. Yes, that growth is assured. The impossible is now made possible."

~ Rumi

Old 18-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Master
Old 18-07-2017, 01:56 PM
Master
Old 19-07-2017, 03:00 AM
Master
Old 19-07-2017, 08:33 AM
Master
Don’t turn away. Keep your gaze on the bandaged place. That’s where the light enters you. ~Rumi