Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 19-09-2016, 09:41 AM
Newbie ;)

What exactly is shielding?

Hello,

I've read a couple of times about people's experiences with malignant energies and such and some traumatizing experiences related with the phenomenon.
Then others suggested to learn shielding oneself from their influence.
I would like to get some specifics about this, I have not found any threads that address the issue directly, though wasn't particularly persistent in my search.

The way I understand it, shielding is some way of raising a barrier to protect yourself from the influence of external factors - beings, energies, perhaps even thoughts in your own head.

Now, I believe I'm already doing something of the kind - when I have persistent thoughts about something, thoughts I don't like, I imagine golden light, sort of like a force field in the ovoid shape, emerging from within me and going outside, forcing away all the stuff I don't want near me. It works, after a fashion. The same is true for fear, which occasionally grips me when I try astral projections. I can almost imagine two such "shields", one is close around me at all times, once I establish it, the other is further outside, sort of fending off whatever might want to approach me. The outer "shell" is more for external threats, the inner one - closer to things coming from within. Sometimes I can feel a discomfort about something, a certain uneasiness and I'm unable to pinpoint what it is. Then, when I raise the shield, it's suddenly there, almost like something dark is attached to my head. Then the shield is pushing it away, but only if I consciously do it. Like it's another way of perceiving things.

I'm not sure I'm doing it right, but it usually works.

I'm asking what are people's experiences?
How do you understand the concept of shielding?
How do you shield yourselves?
Is there some established way of doing it, some "standard", if such a concept even exists in the context?
Any methods that make it easier/faster/more effective?
Do you shield yourself from different things the same way?
Old 19-09-2016, 03:52 PM
Master
Hello,

My understanding on shielding is that it creates the issues you are intending to prevent. When you foster a belief you can be harmed, the universe will oblige you. You actually cultivate the fear of it, as I see these things.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 19-09-2016, 05:45 PM
Experiencer

I shield in much the same way. Guided Meditation. The shield is up, and designed to reflect what may approach back in whatever direction it originated from. I don't focus on a particular threat or fear, just in general. What may be, may be. If it is meant to harm, it is directed away. I am often not privy to the particular threat, but I just feel the need to guard.
Old 19-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Deactivated Account
When you are in the Darkness, you surround yourself with Light. Imagining yourself standing in a Pure white light which last arround 24h - Thats shielding.

But as John said, the intention can turn against, if you use it for something specifically.

You can use it without intention, just to be in it, but be aware of your thoughts while 'shielded'. (i'm not sure if my experiences have something to do with the thoughts, but i assume, as i don't have any evidences.)
Old 20-09-2016, 02:02 AM
Master
Hmm, just searched and indeed no shielding topics appear, strange.

Shielding is a way mostly to block out things you don't want, usually energy. Its fairly effective against energy attacks, unpleasant people, crowds. Its somewhat effective against ghosts/entities, spells. its generally not very effective against ESP, telepathy, dimensional travelers (includes astral projectors).

The most common type of shielding is energy shielding. This is most commonly done by putting energy in or around your aura. Nearly any type of metaphysical energy will work but chi and types channeled from 'higher' beings are most effective. The down side of these types of shields is that they leak away even if you are not attacked and need to be frequently restored. They are also not effective against people who know how to manipulate energy. There are many enhancements to these kinds of shields like a mirrored finish, selective filtering, and connection to a constant energy source to name a few. These can help a lot but never overcome the general weakness of this type of shield. FYI sometimes your guide can protect you to some degree. The up side is that nearly anyone can learn to make them and they are easy to construct.

There numerous other types of shields which are more durable but harder to construct. These include but not limited to time displacement, dimension shift, energy transparency, being unknowable.

FYI: There is a whole 'Psychic Self Defense Forum' over at Robert Bruce's 'Astral Dynamics' web site. It include a very long topic on shielding. I think you have to be a member to see it. Signup is free and they don't SPAM you.
Old 20-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
FYI: There is a whole 'Psychic Self Defense Forum' over at Robert Bruce's 'Astral Dynamics' web site. It include a very long topic on shielding. I think you have to be a member to see it. Signup is free and they don't SPAM you.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:35 AM
Experiencer
I actually pray that God creates a protective shield around me that is against all the negative energies