Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 25-04-2015, 02:12 AM
Guide

Interesting quesiton. based on the premise that all the myths in the bible are factual.

One hint maybe is to be found in God's creation narrative. He divides night and day and calls the light good, and other things good.... then he creates man. And his statement is "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will create a helper for him."

Somehow I get the feeling that God::Lucifer as Adam::Lilith.

Is lucifer then a prince of earth, based on the spirits of the earth, the mortal heights. Could the Tower of Babel ever made it to the moon? For their very foundations spin and are in motion, that was not the way. to God the point in utter space; to lucifer the roundness of the rolling globe.

Question to you: What is it documented that Lucifer actually did that was considered evil?
Old 25-04-2015, 07:04 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333xforever
Are you mentally deficient? Could I get a doctors diagnosis report on your mental health please? ...
You religious people are THE MOST ignorant people I have ever spoken with. ... Come into the real reality for a while. You think you're in reality and you think your eyes are open, but they are surely closed.
Again I state, THE MOST IGNORANT people I have EVER spoken with.
How very rude.
Old 25-04-2015, 07:44 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
The simple truth of the situation is ...
You seem to have a particular and interesting understanding.
It would be great if you could summarise it in 1 or 2 paragraphs.
Perhaps it would help you also to digest and precis your thoughts.
Old 25-04-2015, 10:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Isaiah 55:8-9
Old 25-04-2015, 01:11 PM
This idea that the God of the Bible, Yahweh, is not the All That Is is fascinating and
I have heard it before...the God from the Old Test is so
'different' from Jesus' Father.
It doesn't really concern me...I'm into the All That Is.
Bible stuff doesn't interest me unless it is about love and rings true ;
as how to live this life...the trusting, focusing,'do not worry' kind of advice.

Lucifer was the angel and satan was him after his 'fall', right?
(Following the example of authors, I never cap satan.)

Sorry, I am posting with no ans for you, 333, but this is a public forum.
Oh well, you can scroll past us...and not be rude and insulting in bold red...people that do that look
angry and off-balance...
then are not taken seriously...when your question is a good and valid one.

Btw...
Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts
than your thoughts.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2015, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhakti Ewe
A Sufi view goes something like this: God commands his angels to bow before Adam, his newest creation. One angel refuses, saying that worshiping anything but God is idolatry, and he will not bow down. For directly opposing God's command, he is cast out of Heaven. This is not disputed, as the angel (Satan) loved God too much, and believed there was nothing above the Divine. Nice twist.

Welcome again BE, nice when someone knows Sufi views.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Master
I actually feel as a Catholic an entirely different take. First of all the story of Lucifer had nothing to do with Satan. Satan was more of a role or job title in the Old Testament. Satan was part of God's congregation.

The serpent in Genesis is more about the desire in all humans. That part of us and the brain that is directed towards God or self. The serpent is more about the ego self, self consciousness, separate self. It is like our own personal devil and it is collective since we all share in this dilemma.

The devil or Satan, like the archangels is an extension of God, just like angels are sometimes called The Thoughts of God. Thoughts from God, are like vortexes of consciousness, greater entities that can't be grasped in terms of locale, personal, impersonal, abstract or whatever humans use. Satan isn't ever referred as a single person nor an archangel in the Bible. Lucifer was one of many metaphors for why people fall. Satan is more of a Negative force, a part of God whose job was to help maintain a sense of separation, duality, and oppositional forces. He's the power in the universe that tempts and adds friction to our journey.
Unfortunately, becuase the devil was given free will like all God's divine powers, archangels, and deity-forces, The devil created a division in forces. The devil over time and periods of creation has collected many spirits and souls to It's influence. All these demonic forces, entities, beings, and influences are all part of one Devil-force in the universe

But here's the rub you won't like. They are all
Still part of God, still part of the Infinite Consciousness, that aspect of creation and nature that is dark, survival, animalistic, selfish, toxic, parasitic on all levels in spirit, mental or even in the physical world itself where we see real diseases and decay and violent aspects of Nature, that is of the Devil-force.

The devil was suppose to work in harmony with the Higher Forces in a sense to maintain a balance, instead because of its nature to maintain duality and separation, it throws everything out of balance and creates a lot of unnecessary evil.

I hope that makes some sense. God needed the villain in his universe but he didn't instead for this entity-force to corrupt and war so much with his higher forces
Old 25-04-2015, 03:36 PM
lifensoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhakti Ewe
A Sufi view goes something like this: God commands his angels to bow before Adam, his newest creation. One angel refuses, saying that worshiping anything but God is idolatry, and he will not bow down. For directly opposing God's command, he is cast out of Heaven. This is not disputed, as the angel (Satan) loved God too much, and believed there was nothing above the Divine. Nice twist.

Hmm...just in time as I was wanting food for thought...your version, bhakti ewe, is the version I have known too...

So taking it forward...

The angel opposing god, let's call it angel x, said, logically too..OK god, you are pushing me out because I don't be to anyone but you and to for the new idol you created...and you want us to bow to I because you call it yur image...but I only see an idol...not your image...yet...so let me prove to you that you were wrong, that the idol you created is not your image, that i was right in not wanting to bow to anything but you.

Then god says...as you wish my love, that will be a good challenge...I will not interfere with your attempts...for the representation of myself which I have created in those idols of the five elements (apparently so, of mud, fire, water, air and something else), will obviously be sufficient to prove you wrong....

So..angel x started off on its journey, to mislead the idol, aka human being...promising everything to it, as long it proves god wrong...wrong about the human being aka the idol having a representation of god in it...thereby angel x helping the idol in creating all illusions, deceptions..literally just ask and I will make it happen kind of promise..to prevent the human from being the god within.

I think, if I remember right, the credit to this story goes to my mother and grandmother or aunts...and I accept it for it makes sense to me, above and beyond any other versions of it.

But the angel x loves god to the absolute, you see and will always do.. So, when human being proves that it does indeed have gods image in it...then it will leave it alone...and move on to take on other humans to disprove god....its means is by luring human into never ending material desires...so that it can be kept away from reaching god...and making life hard for those who have reached god via others still caught up in angel x's challenge, in the hope that it can still drag that human back to disprove god, but obviously cannot do so directly.

So...implies that evil in man himself...neither in god nor angel x...its in mans desires.. Which angel x unleashed but not created really...it only supplies the shopping list of material weaponry and emotions, or suppression of, on demand by the human being...all angel x did to trigger it all off was to 'seed desire' into man, which is neither angel x's nor gods form really...

But given that even angel x considers god above all...even angel x and the human beings, who provide the shopping list for angel x, will kind of be subdued in the presence of god or its so called representation in man. Except that religions are a form of distraction created to prevent man reaching god...so...god is above and beyond religions...(which is pretty obvious anyway...as anyone who vehemently follows one religion or their god..can only do so by disregarding and considering the rest of gods creation as below itself...simply doesn't make sense..anyways..not my problem...).

As a side note:

No wonder life is so very impossible for those who do reach that representation of god in the human being, but yet, easier in an unexplainable miraculous way...but I guess the so called bliss and ecstacy are the preexisting safeguards in that scenario...once a being reaches that state...a form of protection from the human and angel x's co dependant creation of the material world...

no wonder nature is so very beautiful, which ever way one looks at it...

Wish living in nature wasnt dangerous, could supply all basic amenities and was free...I have no idea of how it really is...but just thinking..but then would one need any of it once one reaches god in the self? And would safety, got to be in terms of physical safety, mean anything at that stage?

Hmm...interesting..more to it. But later..

Sorry op, there has to be some form of thinking, discussion to answer such questions or even attempt to...for obviously you stated yourself that no one has an answer...you can't punish people for trying to help ease your agony, in ways they know how to. You shouldn't have asked/posted the question if you so sure that no one had an answer...unless your intention was only to ridicule everyone who posts, which isn't really a nice thing to do...to do which you have no right either, for you don't know the answer yourself either!!

On the other hand..thanks for raising the question, at least from me, as thinking aloud through this post, has now helped reinforce a few vague questions and answers I have had myself...albeit, not directly related to your question but in the process of attempting to answer your question as best as I could..
Old 25-04-2015, 04:11 PM
I dislike it when a post appears that says a couple
of sentences and seems to be the end all and be all and
so the whole thread should close down now.

Well, here's mine...

(drumroll)

None of this matters and is, in fact, a distraction...a clever one!

All this attention to things we really don't know about is mind candy;
entertaining mind fluff that does one thing...takes us away from
simple focus on our Beloved...call that Jesus, Krishna, Brahma, Higher Self, The Absolute,
or the All That Is, Source Energy...our link to bliss.

Anyone feeling joy and happiness discussing this Lucifer/Yahweh/
Adam/evil - or being called the "most ignorant people" ever...I don't think so.
When we are not feeling great ...which is our natural state...we are out of
'alignment' or connection with our inner Truth or Source or whatever you call It.

Nicely done ...get the humans to talk all about Lucifer and evil...that way
they will be so distracted in their intellects
they will forgot about their real desire: the Creator/God/Higher Joyous Self.

This is right out of the 'How to distract the Humans Toolbox' play book of Uncle Screwtape....
(CS Lewis' book, highly recommended to understand 'the devil's tricks'
or the lower ego self.)

Old 25-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Sorry, I am posting with no ans for you, 333, but this is a public forum.
Oh well, you can scroll past us...and not be rude and insulting in bold red...people that do that look
angry and off-balance...
then are not taken seriously...when your question is a good and valid one.

Btw...
Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
your ways my ways, saith the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts
than your thoughts.

MissHepburn,

I would add Deut. 29:29......."The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but the revealed things belong to us and to our children forever"

The question was interesting but it was not offered in good faith because the presumption had already been made by the OP that he/she would automatically reject any and all attempts to answer. So it was quite ignorant on his part to pose it as a question.

This is a common ploy of the disenchanted and the bitter......subconsciously they wish for everyone to share their frustration and skepticism. It is much better not to allow oneself to be drawn into such traps. They do not come from a place of love and, therefore, should generally be avoided unless one believes that something constructive can be born of negativity.

One should ask themselves whether or not the wisdom, teachings and insights that they currently possess from the spiritual pursuit are outweighed by the questions for which they have found no answers. Most of us would acknowledge that the truth we have discovered far outweighs the things we do not understand.