Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 01-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Master

[quote=Badger1777]
Old 01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Yes, I believe that the expenditure of mental energy can have a physiological effect that can be detrimental to the human body.

I know, you said I was kind of just quoting you in agreement
Old 01-07-2014, 07:05 PM
Master

I'm sure a lot of Christian prayers were said and/or efforts from other faiths (including the Witches) were put forth. And of course they weren't in competition with the Witches.

Nobody's saying that what the Witches did was the sole factor in turning Hitler back, of course it was a contributing factor.

So, can the expenditure of mental energy have a physiological effect that could be detrimental to one's health - I certainly believe that it can - as I said in my first post: -

Several participants died from participating in that Lammas Rite but their deaths had nothing (IMHO) to do with the spell being positive or negative. That rite went on for hours with so very much energy being raised and put out by all of the participants that some peoples' bodies just could not take it.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger1777
I know, you said I was kind of just quoting you in agreement

LOL sorry sorry! Do I have to apologize for my previous post, too? If I do - sorry LOL
Old 01-07-2014, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taurus44
My grandmother often would cast spells on people she didn't like... She would burn a black candle and things of that nature. She was a very envious person and allowed her materialism to make her hate others. She had many troubling circumstances in her life... do you think that casting bad spells caused some of her turmoil?? Also, does casting positive spells bring about strange or dangerous circumstances? I often hear "be careful what you wish for" and I've never tried casting even a simple spell because I am a bit nervous for the outcome.

This is all from my own knowledge, so please take it as a grain of salt:

When a person cast Magick, they aren't just utilizing the energy of themselves, but the energy of the universe as well. Since the Universe works in mysterious ways, sometimes even spells cast with the utmost pure intentions have a chance of backfiring and becoming dangerously out of control.

It isn't just 'being careful what you wish for,' its being careful of how you utilize your energy and manifest it into this world. I've seen people, with all the good intentions in the world manifesting things with magicks and such, but then come to find the result was not what they wanted. There is a black and white to everything, a good and evil in almost every decision.

Like people who use magick to 'summon,' or 'attract,' their soul-mates, or TF's. When someone shows up who might just fit this bill, they believe the spell has brought them what they wanted - but this isn't always true as you can see and imagine, and after a very bad falling out, which even scars some of them for life, they later meet someone who truly does bring them the love that they wished for - but ironically, and sadly, some of these people were so hurt by their previous affairs, that they can't even be with this person - because of the darkness that they created in themselves prior.

Another example is if someone used a spell to help another find their missing child or lover, only to find out that when the person finds them, they are dead. Though it helps the person close the wounds and fears of what happened, there is still a dark side to it. A dark side that other's must be careful of. Even with affirmations, or cues of 'positive outcomes,' and such - the Universe is unpredictable, even in how it delivers answers and gifts to you.

In your case, I would remember the new Maleficent movie. Maleficent goes out of her way to cast a curse on a young baby to spite her ex-lover. But then later Maleficent learns that she actually cares for and adores the child - only to have the curse come true and horrible effect driving someone she once loved insane. However, she lifts the curse by showing love to the girl she had first envied and hated and thus the curse was broken, not before teaching her a very powerful lesson.

Be careful who you hurt and harm with magick, not only can it backfire - but you might just be helping them in the long run as well.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 PM
Badger1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
LOL sorry sorry! Do I have to apologize for my previous post, too? If I do - sorry LOL

You have nothing to apologise for (at least not that I'm aware of )
Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestShadeofGrey
When a person cast Magick, they aren't just utilizing the energy of themselves, but the energy of the universe as well. Since the Universe works in mysterious ways, sometimes even spells cast with the utmost pure intentions have a chance of backfiring and becoming dangerously out of control.

It isn't just 'being careful what you wish for,' its being careful of how you utilize your energy and manifest it into this world. I've seen people, with all the good intentions in the world manifesting things with magicks and such, but then come to find the result was not what they wanted. There is a black and white to everything, a good and evil in almost every decision.

That's how things seem to be for me. Thou I wont ever do another spell, at times ..rarely thou due to my experiences.. I do purposely use the law of attraction to manifest something.. eg by just thinking of something.

This has often backfired for me too (so I know now if I do do something like that I have to be very very specific and put into the thought that its for the good of all and no harm will be done to anyone).

eg One example of this is I wanted a car (I wasnt specific.. just a "going car in good order". I did get my car but hated the way I got it. My father then was having eye issues and thought he was going blind so stopped driving so gave me his car (well I paid $30 for it only just so it was a legal swapover, it was a classic in mint condition). My fathers eye issue was fixed in the end but by then I had his car.

I had quite a few bad experiences just using the law of attraction when I wasnt specific. Another time when I wasnt specific about it being for the good of all, an item I wanted to have came to be but in a way which gave me a horrible choice. It had been stolen from a shop I think and the person tried to then give it to me. (That put me dilema.. as I manifested it using the law of attention.. is it mine to take or not? I decided against doing so re taking a stolen item= possibly bad karma.

I have no doubt that the more purposely focused intent we put into something, spell or not.. the more karma we may receive from it (be it good karma if the thing was good or bad karma).