Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 30-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk

So, if other empaths have this experience I would LOVE to know what you all do to cope with this daily reality. Just knowing that others have similar experiences would be empowering for me. I am feeling really down right now, and am hoping that some loving empaths on this site can share your experiences to boost me up a little.

Thanks so much,

Hawk

Hi,

I would say that I am essentially telepathic which is a lot like being empathic. I can sense all the things which you describe.

In my case I do my best to accept the way others have chosen to live their lives. I have avoided all kinds of relationships throughout my life. The one exception being a soul mate relationship which was divinely inspired. They got me on that one for sure.

All my current precious friendships are build upon mutual respect. Most of our culture has a survival mind set and people are unconsciously living in fear about one thing or another. It is not their fault we have a slave like mind where we operate as if our well being depended on any one other than ourself.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 02-09-2014, 12:43 AM
skeptical

Hi Hawk,

I am an empath and quite naturally do the same things you have described and I have from birth. My response to it all has been quite different however. I embraced it all, sought to learn and understand what information I gained and to use it positively.

What I have learned over the years is the following:
To not fear any emotion, even hurt and sadness. This means I don't have to try to avoid them so it frees me to seek better connections too. I just keep looking until I find them and they are as joyous and the worst are painful. I let go of what is not mine, for each person has a path to follow and each truly does control that path in many ways. We cannot control others truly, so it's kind of futile to think "that person would be perfect if only" and try to change them. I simply accept what is, and do my best not to take in what is not mine, but feel it and let it flow out.

No one can do this perfectly; sometimes we do react to what we feel in others as if it were our own. The key is to be aware, and when this happens, finish processing our reactions and then let it go.

There is great freedom and wisdom in this gift.
Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 AM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

I would say that I am essentially telepathic which is a lot like being empathic. I can sense all the things which you describe.

In my case I do my best to accept the way others have chosen to live their lives. I have avoided all kinds of relationships throughout my life. The one exception being a soul mate relationship which was divinely inspired. They got me on that one for sure.

All my current precious friendships are build upon mutual respect. Most of our culture has a survival mind set and people are unconsciously living in fear about one thing or another. It is not their fault we have a slave like mind where we operate as if our well being depended on any one other than ourself.

John
Looks like we said a lot of the same thing in cross posting. I regard empathic ability as a level of telepathy in that emotions are the most primitive and strongest of thoughts and so most easily read. I can also fairly easily do the rest, but it is not so automatic as empathic reading. I only do it upon request as I don't see the need to use it otherwise.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Ascender

Hello fellow Empaths!

I have a question I would like to ask you all and that is: how do YOU know if what you are feeling is an assumption or absolute truth?

What I'm asking is, how do you know if what you are 'feeling' is an assumption from your mind or the truth that your spiritual ability has picked up?

I apologize beforehand if this is an insulting question. I have recently discovered what an empath meant and it turned out I am a long time empath, just that I haven't developed or practiced it as much as I should. I could pick up on others' feelings, motivation, intentions, and maybe what they're thinking at the moment.

I could only do this with the people I physically see though. Long-distance emphatic sensing to me has been very general, I can't do as much compared to seeing someone physically in the flesh.
Old 02-09-2014, 11:35 PM
skeptical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
Hello fellow Empaths!

I have a question I would like to ask you all and that is: how do YOU know if what you are feeling is an assumption or absolute truth?

What I'm asking is, how do you know if what you are 'feeling' is an assumption from your mind or the truth that your spiritual ability has picked up?

I apologize beforehand if this is an insulting question. I have recently discovered what an empath meant and it turned out I am a long time empath, just that I haven't developed or practiced it as much as I should. I could pick up on others' feelings, motivation, intentions, and maybe what they're thinking at the moment.

I could only do this with the people I physically see though. Long-distance emphatic sensing to me has been very general, I can't do as much compared to seeing someone physically in the flesh.
The simplest answer to knowing if what I sense is mine or not is I just do, just as I know I am listening to music and not remembering it. For me empathic sensing is just another sense. All I need to do is pay attention.

One important note, because quite a few confuse this; empathic abilities are not spiritual or sensitive abilities. Those are an entirely different area. Empathic abilities fully focus on this plane of existence where we live.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:09 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeptical
The simplest answer to knowing if what I sense is mine or not is I just do, just as I know I am listening to music and not remembering it. For me empathic sensing is just another sense. All I need to do is pay attention.

One important note, because quite a few confuse this; empathic abilities are not spiritual or sensitive abilities. Those are an entirely different area. Empathic abilities fully focus on this plane of existence where we live.

The simplest response I can give to respond to your response is the same, I just have this 'feeling' that something is the way I felt it to be.

Your second response would imply that emphatic abilities is more close to psychology than it is to ESP.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:10 PM
iza

It's hard to explain - it's intuition - you just know. Even if you doubt, like I have many times, in the end, my gut feeling is always right. I also hear and feel - if there is a lot of negativity around a person, people or area, I will hear what sounds like flies buzzing and what I can only describe as a horrible sensation like a whole swarm of flies flying around me. I can also feel the energy in the atmosphere change, like if you mess with a room thermostat. It either goes way up if the person is high energy (annoyance, anger, etc.) or way down (if the person is tired or depressed or ill). I don't need to see the person face to face, I just feel it. This happens with my coworker a lot - we work in a very small office with our backs toward each other but I can still pick up on her moods.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:25 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by iza
It's hard to explain - it's intuition - you just know. Even if you doubt, like I have many times, in the end, my gut feeling is always right. I also hear and feel - if there is a lot of negativity around a person, people or area, I will hear what sounds like flies buzzing and what I can only describe as a horrible sensation like a whole swarm of flies flying around me. I can also feel the energy in the atmosphere change, like if you mess with a room thermostat. It either goes way up if the person is high energy (annoyance, anger, etc.) or way down (if the person is tired or depressed or ill). I don't need to see the person face to face, I just feel it. This happens with my coworker a lot - we work in a very small office with our backs toward each other but I can still pick up on her moods.

Mine is different. Whenever I feel a bad energy around me, I usually tend to act wrongly. I tend to be shy and quiet. But whenever I feel positive energy around the people I'm around, I tend to be more extrovert.

I respond and react accordingly to the energies around me.

Has any empaths here ever experienced fatigue or depletion of energy while trying to 'read' someone?
Old 12-09-2014, 05:55 AM
Newbie ;)

I do not like to place labels on these things, but I've found that using 'Empath' or 'HSP' or any other name it comes with, is something most people identify with and it is like code so that you can find all the others!!

I feel that you have described what I am feeling 90%.
I say 90 and not 100 because that 10% of me feels drained from being around people too long. I give off a healing energy, and that attracts people who want to dump everything on me. They run off before I'm given a chance to explain that there are different ways to heal.. Now I say 'dump' because they will literally give me the weight of all their problems and I am strong enough to carry this weight but it can be overbearing.

Idk if this happens to you, but this is the reason I put up walls, to prevent people from destroying my space. I push away and separate and detach myself as a self-defense mechanism.

Think of yourself as an energy sponge, if you DON'T isolate yourself and find comfort in your own solitude, you will soak up all bad stuff, this is the essence of a true empath.

This form of "knowing", or as I call that "inner-knowing", is something I feel we're all born with, it's just some are more aware of it than others.

It can be very overwhelming and these feelings are literally devastating to witness and experience. We see things for what they really are instead of what people make them out to be. Most of the time the truth is ugly.

But I too push away my loved ones and I do it without noticing sometimes, but it's to prevent my soul from getting ill. An empath needs to understand that it's okay to pull back sometimes. I cope with it by accepting it because you know what, you need a balance between being selfish and selfless and you need to put yourself first sometimes so that things like this don't become hazardous to your health or to others.

In my experience I've learned ways to 'control' it. I don't really like that word, but for lack of a better comparison, that'll suffice.

But I've found that indulging in my introvert ways helps a lot, it gives me time to heal and time to reflect. :)
Old 12-09-2014, 06:00 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molattee
Hello fellow Empaths!

One is a thought, emotions stem from the brain. They derive from experience.

Feeling is the language of the soul, it's your intuition. I consider the second form the absolute truth, as my "inner-knowing" is never wrong for me.