Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 18-01-2013, 12:57 AM
Pathfinder

Suicide

My cousin who was very close to me commited suicide about an year ago. I would like to know what happens to souls of those people who commite suicide. Do they get to see the light or do they get lost?
Old 18-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator
I cannot say for certain, as I cannot say what precisely happens to any Soul who passes through to the next world. I think it might be different for each one, though the Light of Love embraces All.
However I once had an unusual experience (many many years ago ) during an astral projection, where I met a teenage girl who had committed suicide. She was not in a happy place, as you can imagine, though her surroundings were pretty neutral, though urban. They were not "nightmarish" in any way.
There were Beings of Love and Light waiting a short distance away to receive her. All she had to do was cross of her own accord.
Old 18-01-2013, 04:44 AM
EnlightenedDragon181

It's hard to say really, in spirituality some souls go through so much trauma they stay up on Earth until they get their business done kind of like the classic ghost story. Some may stay as spirits on Earth, some may go down to the Negative Planes/Hell as some religions see it as a sin or a spit in the face to God for that, in spirituality, they may go down to the negative planes for re-education and re-training.

For all the cases each life is so different that the final judgement will determine where they will go.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 AM
Juniper

When we die, there is nothing or nowhere to go to. It is like deep, dreamless sleep. Nothing exists. No need to worry about where they have gone. A person has completed the circle of life. Birth, life, death.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:55 AM
travelgirlfl

Hi Flowers--- I will just offer you my personal opinion, based on a fairly wide range of spiritual readings, because as someone already said, we don't really know for sure.

I've read a range of opinions on this, mostly from books written by channels/mediums, and those that have had an NDE (near death experience). The general view seems to be there is always love & light/support/acceptance/help available to those souls, like all souls that pass over.

Some say the souls of those that suicide go somewhere to rest & rejuvenate first, before they, like us all, do a life review to see what we can learn from all our life choices.

Some say they stay in a 'gray' area, sorta lost, until they can accept the Light (get out of the despair that presumably made them suicide).

Some say they go straight to the love & light of the afterlife, just like we all do, no difference according to how we die...

One that stands out is the Indian doctor & spiritual leader Deepak Chopra. In one of his books he said it is even possible that death by suicide was a choice decided upon before incarnating, offered to another soul as a teaching tool (but not always)....

I personally do not believe suicide is necessarily a 'bad thing' or a 'bad choice'...I believe all souls have free will, so all choices are valid, just opportunities for learning. I do not believe there is any externally imposed suffering, judgement, or penalty for suicide from Spirit/God.

I have read, and I think this makes sense, personally, that if you believe we come here to Earth & incarnate to learn soul lessons, that if we suicide, we may simply not have learned all we intended to learn this lifetime, and thus will have to try again. But I don't think any of us learn ALL we hoped to learn & do all we hoped to accomplish when we made a plan (as some believe we do) before we incarnated -- I think it's possible to do so, but rare.

So anyway, I don't think death by suicide is probably much different once the soul crosses over than death by other circumstances.

Just my two cents! :)

I know sometime the loved ones left here of someone that has died by suicide are worried and stigmatized, fearful, because there are so many negative beliefs & judgments about suicide. I think that attitude by our society is just wrong & adds more hurt, suffering and even guilt to the friends & family still here that are already suffering the loss of their loved one. I hope you are not feeling scared or worried or guilty about your cousin...I truly believe she or he is just fine now....
Old 03-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Administrator
Hey Flowers

When i bring people through who have commmited suicide the first thing with them is the feeling of guilt.they were in a place where they couldnt see a way out its guilt for the ones they left behind,when they pass over they go straight into healing where they come to terms.with their actions.its the loved ones left behind that concerns them because they want answers as to why it happened.

Namaste
Old 22-02-2013, 09:11 AM
ZenGuruPaul

My personal belief, is that ego has to die, but life ultimately lives on through everything.
Old 22-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Master
Were not the body is reality, so I would say it doesn't matter, when the body is gone, that's it, suicide is just a quicker way of finishing the life story, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 22-02-2013, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
I think that they go to review their history and go to a healing like native spirit said. I realize there is a guilt and hardship for the family members. I think once he goes through his process on the other side. He will be back and dropping messages that he is ok and has healed.
Old 22-02-2013, 06:43 PM
Administrator
Hello

While the loss is very sad and a lot of times very confusing for those left behind I have to feel its a life path that we all explore in our past lives we lived.

What happens to their essence or Spirit well most times over they go into the Light even if they feel that its a Sin to do such an act. I have yet to cross over anyone and find that they do not go over to a bright and peaceful place. If I was to come to find I opened to anything dark in nature I would no longer wish to do the work I do.

What does happen is that they seem to take a bit longer to come back and visit with family. If they do get stuck there are many that do the work I do and we cross them over safely. What ever issues send them to that sad place in life is gone from them, they are whole and blessed in the divine Light.

Its hard on the family as many times they do not understand or maybe choose not to understand or accept its happened. That is suffering then for the one living to have to bare.

I have come to accept that if we meet our path in death that it is simply that path of our Soul completed hard as that is we all have a time here and lessons we are given to learn and grow from.

Lynn