Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 03-09-2012, 12:44 AM
Knower

Died in my sleep.

Like most weird things that happen to me, this one happened at night. About 4months ago.
I was having a hard time getting to sleep, experiencing some chest pain and finding it hard to breathe. I closed my eyes and an image of this creepy little girl with short dark hair and black eyes, flashed before my eyes. Next minute I could nt breathe and kind of just fell into sleep. I woke up around 3am and I couldnt move, I thought it may have just been sleep paralysis at first but then I became aware that I was laying completely straight, legs together, both arms above my head crossed at my wrists. I tried to open my eyes but I couldnt. I couldnt move anything and I had no energy, ive never felt so drained in my life. Next thing I felt was someone grabbing me by the throat and squeezing. I felt their whole body weight push down on my chest. I couldnt breathe and started panicking. I sed all my energy just to squint my eyes open. There was noone in my room. The feeling got so strong that I closed my eyes and blackout. I felt myself stop breathing and I also felt my heart stop.
Next I opened my eyes and sat up with ease...i took me a while to figure out what was happening. At first I figured id just dreamt it all but then I became aware that I was sitting up but my body was still lying on my bed lifeless. I just sat there for a couple of minutes getting use to the sensation. I had no breath, no heart beat, no pain. Best of all I had no emotional pain anymore, I was filled with this overwhelming feeling of love and warth inside me. I felt completely at peace and It felt like I understood everything. It was the most eurphoric feeling in the world and I wasnt scared anymore. Just as I was about to get up I felt hands on my shoulders, a tingley and good sensation this time. Whoever it was I knew them, it wasnt the same being that had just killed me.
Next thing I know I get yanked backwards towards my body, it was like a sucking feeling. And the noise was so loud I thought my ears were going to burst. Like being sucked through a vortex.
Then I woke up. Again.
I was reasoning with myself that it must have been a dream, when again I realised I was laying in the same position, unable to move, open my eyes, felt the weight on my chest and once again the grip on my neck. It all started happening again but before the feeling became to strong I forced myself first to sit up and then to open my eyes. I tried to scream out to my mum but I couldnt even do that. My wrists were still stuck together by nothing and I literally had to rip them apart. I started shaking my arms and body until the feeling finally left me. I moved out of that position and paced my room. It took about an hour for my voice to come back.
Before I tried to sleep again I just grabbed my bible and held it as I went to sleep. I am by no means religious but I find its helpful to have holy items around for situations like this. Theres been a few times where ive felt both good and dark energies around me at the same time. The next day I got my mum to cleanse my room while I was at work. I was extremely grey looking and completely out of it. I felt really sad as though I had lost something, a part of me.
Old 14-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Guide
Color Re: died in my sleep

It sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I have suffered from it since last year. You can astral project while in SP or have an OBE. I have read much about it and most of the time it only happens while in the supine position(lying on your back).Alot of people report seeing things while in SP and they say it is to do with dreaming just before the SP happens. I have never saw anything but it happens to me shortly after i fall asleep before the REM stage. I also read somewhere about spirits actually doing this to people when they sleep i think it was ansestrol problems, but i dont no if its true. I had an OBE while in SP and it really scared me so i make sure i never sleep on my back, and i sometimes sleep with my bible under my pillow. There is plenty stuff about SP on the net you should look it up and see what you get. There is meditations you can do to protect you from neg energies or spirits as well i have to do these as im highly sensitive. hopefully this will be of some help.
Old 15-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Knower

Ive had sleep paralysis before and the first few times it scared me but then I came to realise it want going to hurt me so I accepted it and calmed myself. The above that I mentioned was something completely different. I was choked to death by something. I know I was dead. I felt it, I felt finished. Its a feeling you can't explain unless you've experienced it. It was the most peaceful and euphoric feeling in the world. Apart from the initial strangulation that is. Once your gone there is no fear, doubt, pain...only love. I know that I didn't see the white light at the end of the tunnel that people talk about but its because I know im not meant for there. Im an attempted suicide so I know im not going upstairs. I also know ive been here multiple life times and im destined for a few more. It never ends. Everyone has a purpose to fullfill on earth, the difference is im starting to slowly remember mine :)
Old 15-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Chest pain, hard to breathe, grey the next day?
I'd see a doctor.
You very well could have "died", imo.
Take care of yourself.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356
I know that I didn't see the white light at the end of the tunnel that people talk about but its because I know im not meant for there. Im an attempted suicide so I know im not going upstairs. I also know ive been here multiple life times and im destined for a few more. It never ends. Everyone has a purpose to fullfill on earth, the difference is im starting to slowly remember mine :)
You only attempted suicide and did not succeed. But do not look backwards. Look forwards: learn from past mistakes and seek to make the world a better place whilst you are here. There is no "going upstairs", rather a passing over the astral - and that happens to everyone without distinction. So if you dedicate the rest of your life to goodness, love and compassion, if you fulfil your life's purpose, then you will pass into the astral calmly and joyfully, when your proper time comes.

Best wishes to you! As the song goes, "Don't worry, be happy"!
Old 15-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Racer X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356
Like most weird things that happen to me, this one happened at night. About 4months ago.
I was having a hard time getting to sleep, experiencing some chest pain and finding it hard to breathe. I closed my eyes and an image of this creepy little girl with short dark hair and black eyes, flashed before my eyes. Next minute I could nt breathe and kind of just fell into sleep. I woke up around 3am and I couldnt move, I thought it may have just been sleep paralysis at first but then I became aware that I was laying completely straight, legs together, both arms above my head crossed at my wrists. I tried to open my eyes but I couldnt. I couldnt move anything and I had no energy, ive never felt so drained in my life. Next thing I felt was someone grabbing me by the throat and squeezing. I felt their whole body weight push down on my chest. I couldnt breathe and started panicking. I sed all my energy just to squint my eyes open. There was noone in my room. The feeling got so strong that I closed my eyes and blackout. I felt myself stop breathing and I also felt my heart stop.

Death is a New Birth ...... we cannot die , we are Energy and can only change form ~

Next I opened my eyes and sat up with ease...i took me a while to figure out what was happening. At first I figured id just dreamt it all but then I became aware that I was sitting up but my body was still lying on my bed lifeless.

The Higher Energy Body, the Subtle Body, The Golden Body, ...... many names yet all the same.

I just sat there for a couple of minutes getting use to the sensation. I had no breath, no heart beat, no pain. Best of all I had no emotional pain anymore, I was filled with this overwhelming feeling of love and warth inside me. I felt completely at peace and It felt like I understood everything. It was the most eurphoric feeling in the world and I wasnt scared anymore.

True SELF, CHRIST Consciousness, God Consciousness, Divine Being , Holy Spirit, many names yet all the same. You were filled with the Awareness of what you really are~

This state can be .. Permanent .... or temporary ...... but only temporary for so long ~

A Course In Miracles (ACIM) can help pave the way if you feel ready~

Just as I was about to get up I felt hands on my shoulders, a tingley and good sensation this time. Whoever it was I knew them, it wasnt the same being that had just killed me.

Oh ... Yes ... the little children like Spirits ~

Next thing I know I get yanked backwards towards my body, it was like a sucking feeling. And the noise was so loud I thought my ears were going to burst. Like being sucked through a vortex.
Then I woke up. Again.

It was not yet your time so you returned~

I was reasoning with myself that it must have been a dream, when again I realised I was laying in the same position, unable to move, open my eyes, felt the weight on my chest and once again the grip on my neck. It all started happening again but before the feeling became to strong I forced myself first to sit up and then to open my eyes. I tried to scream out to my mum but I couldnt even do that. My wrists were still stuck together by nothing and I literally had to rip them apart.

EGO and Desire bind us in this world and you were being shown this as a Vision experience. Carl Jung wrote a great deal about this type of experience but I did not understand it until it engulfed me.

I started shaking my arms and body until the feeling finally left me. I moved out of that position and paced my room. It took about an hour for my voice to come back.
Before I tried to sleep again I just grabbed my bible and held it as I went to sleep.

Yes ...... fear of death ...... brings us to seek our Highest Truth~

I am by no means religious but I find its helpful to have holy items around for situations like this. Theres been a few times where ive felt both good and dark energies around me at the same time. The next day I got my mum to cleanse my room while I was at work. I was extremely grey looking and completely out of it. I felt really sad as though I had lost something, a part of me.

From this comes a Longing , Longing for our True nature of Being.

A Course In Miracles ...... Fear not ..... simply grow forward~
Old 15-09-2012, 10:02 PM
Juanita

this has all the classic signs of an out-of-body experience, but not a very good one.....don't fight it the next time--just go with the flow....it was not, IMO, a NDE..........
Old 16-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Knower

What is IMO? :/
Old 16-09-2012, 03:30 AM
Knower

Also every other time ive had an obe ive still had a heart beat and breath. This was different. I felt it all stop.
I dont believe anyone can pass judgement on something they havent experienced or other peoples experiences because we all have different experiences. I also dont believe in putting names to things like this that pre-date written word, just so we can 'explain' it. I merely post my experiences here to share them all with you. :)

Also 'racer x' you are very wise indeed :) <3
Old 16-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Ascender
IMO = in my opinion. Forum abbreviation; there are lots of them!